[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Nintendo Power Article - Mega Man 9
News that Covers Games, Anime, AMVs and More

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Nintendo Power Article - Mega Man 9

Nintendo Power Article - Mega Man 9

Postby XHunter » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Last edited by XHunter on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:54 am

After reading that article, i feel amazed at Keiji Inafune's answers. Nintendo Power question seems really hard to answer, but Keiji, OMG answered all of them in depth. I'm seriously amazed. LOL.

Well, this game is going to rock for sure. I will support Keiji, so he can make further more classic games. LOL. I should seriously get a Wii, I'm totally missing out on this one. LOL.

"Will there be any playable characters aside from Mega Man himself?"

I hope so man! I hope you get to use Protoman. LOL. Wait... is Protoman in the old NES versions? Well, whatever, I just hope there are other selectable characters to use.

Whoa... I love this. It's going to be a great game, yet a very challenging one.
Henshin! Wing form... Kamen Rider Advent!
BTW, just call me Michael or Lan.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby XHunter » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:13 am

Actually since the game was registered as a multi-platform title, it will most likely come out for PSN and XBLA as most sites (Including TMMN) have reported. So if you have a PS3 or XBox360, this game would be heading your way as well.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Greiga Master » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:56 pm

The Zone for Rockman EXE!
Greiga Master
S-Class Hunter
S-Class Hunter

Postby SILVEI2 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:44 am

This sig was sponsored by Greiga Master and Sailor Silphymon**NewEdge Production**
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Postby XHunter » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:20 am

XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby SILVEI2 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:42 am

This sig was sponsored by Greiga Master and Sailor Silphymon**NewEdge Production**
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Postby matt13346 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:02 am

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/matt13346/308-2.gif[/img]
**NewEdge Productions** SheMusic Collab (?%) // Princess Tutu - Reaturn to Heart Station (20% Complete)
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:09 am

LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby SILVEI2 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:30 am

SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Postby XHunter » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:18 am

What are you talking about 8-bit was pure awesomeness. Back then the games felt really well made and designed and the bosses were always tough to beat.

The RPG type gameplay of the Battle Network series and the Star Force series didn't cause the Mega Man series to go down. In fact those series are extremely popular over in Japan, especially the Battle Network series which hosted several popular Arcade Games, Cell Phone Games, Anime Series, Toys, Handheld Games, etc...

Personally this going back to the 8-bit Mega Man is a welcomed change from the usually hype of trying to pump out a new game with next gen graphics only for the game to fail because to much work was focused on the graphics then the actual gameplay. Besides, any gamer out there that has been playing videos games since back in the age of the Atari can tell you that graphics don't make the game. Its just part of it.

The graphics in the game are what visually bring the player into the games world, it doesn't give great gameplay, story, etc... For example, Chrono Trigger is getting re-released for the Nintendo DS. Now I could careless if they decide to do what was done with the Final Fantasy games on the DS and remaster it with 3D graphics. In fact, if all they did was port the SNES version to the DS, I would be happy. Why? Becuase Chrono Trigger by itself in all its 16-bit glory, is an awesome game. Sure, upgraded Graphics wouldn't hurt, it sure didn't hurt for the Final Fantasy remakes. But my point is that as long as the game is fun, it shouldn't matter if the game is in fully rendered 3D models, or in 8-bit graphics. As long as the game it fun and enjoyable, I'm happy.

Now I should add to that at to some extent graphics do matter a little bit, but what I'm about to say applies to both 8-bit games, and full 3D games. That point is that if the graphics of the game are so horribly done that it hurts to look at it, then you shouldn't probably play that game. For example, playing a game with a red background and you have a orange character. Things like that which cause it hard to play games. Now the Mega Man series had never had a problem with that so there is no need to worry about Mega Man walking past a wall that is the same color as him and getting lost where you are.

Trust me, I have a lot of experience with video games, I've been playing them since the days of Atari, or at least the Atari console my dad still had laying around the house. I've played games on the Atari Computer, and on a PC back before Windows 3.1 when all the games were DOS based. Trust me, that was fun :P In fact, I remember back in the Windows 3.1 days when Space Quest IV came out. Man, and we thought that graphics on that game were awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKE4YExWcy8 <- Space Quest IV (BEST PC GAME EVER!)

lol, I remember back in the day when everything had to be user command imported. I can't imagine anyone in today's age coming out with a PC game which required to your type in every command and function.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uq8R7Zj9qE <- Exmaple. Anyway, Mega Man 9 sounds like it will be fun, and I hope that you can take something out of what I've said. I'm just trying to share my experience with video games period with other people because in this era, everything seems to be graphic based.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:43 pm

Nice explanation X. I agree with you. But man, i'm getting really confused about the bits... how many different types of bits are there? can someone show me the difference with a picture or something? Thanks.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby SILVEI2 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:12 pm

ok i did some research in all the games including chrono trgger and space quest.
i was going to to write this whole essay on what i thought about the games but im just going to say is....cool...w.e

i don't know much about chrono trgger expect that it looks like dragon quest on a DS...thats all really

space quest looked amazing there for a second. again...i don't know much as to what year it even came out but i do know that it wasn't the only game that you had to type in the commands

and now i see that megaman will always be megaman
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Postby matt13346 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:58 pm

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/matt13346/308-2.gif[/img]
**NewEdge Productions** SheMusic Collab (?%) // Princess Tutu - Reaturn to Heart Station (20% Complete)
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby XHunter » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:05 pm

XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Next

Return to RM AMV Station News