[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Opening DivX and XviD video's with Sony Vegas
Get help and advice on how to make your AMV here.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Opening DivX and XviD video's with Sony Vegas

Opening DivX and XviD video's with Sony Vegas

Postby AGF-Antoine » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:28 pm

I finally found a way to open DivX and XviD video's in Sony Vegas

All codecs I'll be mentioning can be downloaded

Well, I'll start with the easier one

Just installing DivX 6.0 is enough

Another thing, after you install DivX 6.0 you will get to see the stupid "DivX Video" sign on all your DivX and XviD video's. This can be disabled though in the following way: START ---> DivX ---> DivX Codec ---> Decoder Configuration Utility ---> "Toolbar" tab ---> uncheck "Show DivX logo watermark"

Start with doing the DivX step

Then install XviD 1.1

During the install make sure that "Decode All FourCC's" is unchecked since otherwise it wont work, because it will cause the pc to see both XviD and DivX as XviD

Well, because Sony Vegas only understands the DivX codec the XviD one might seem useless, but its not since it allows encoding in XviD(an awesome codec) but it also installs "Nic's FourCC changer"(START ---> XviD ---> Nic's FourCC changer)

Open "Nic's FourCC changer" and use the following options:

FourCC Description Code: DivX
FourCC Used Codec: DivX
And in the third thingy you can choose the XviD episode you wanna have read as DivX

So basically, Nic's FourCC changer makes your computer think that a Xvid video is a DivX video.

Hopefully this helps all people that had problems opening DivX and/or XviD video's with Sony Vegas.

AGF-Antoine
Last edited by AGF-Antoine on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby rockx_exe » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:49 am

rockx_exe
S-Class Hunter
S-Class Hunter

Postby OMEGA » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:39 pm

WOW thanks Antoine, now I will finally be able to use my Stream and some of my Axess episodes without having to re-encode them to DivX =D
OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby Tri-Kun » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:15 am

If anyone does notice this then know I'll be back. Soon or later with a Surprise :).
"You are the umbrella above my head. The cold rain falling above my shoulders in night. You next to me has become a habit. I cant be without you alone in the rain."
Tri-Kun
Haruhi <3
Haruhi <3

Postby intelligent huan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:07 pm

intelligent huan
S-Class Hunter
S-Class Hunter

Return to AMV Help Studio