[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Is it possible to letterbox in Vegas?
Get help and advice on how to make your AMV here.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Is it possible to letterbox in Vegas?

Is it possible to letterbox in Vegas?

Postby Shouri No Hana » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:53 pm

Um Taiyoh told me this the other day but I never quite figured it out. I was croping a section for my lastest AMV 'I Spill My Heart For You' (it is a NaruSaku one :P)

I put it through VDub and the Quaility was **** um so yea...help?
Shouri No Hana
You Got, a Broken Bike!
You Got, a Broken Bike!

Postby XHunter » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:48 pm

wait did you make the video in vegas then try to low the file size in Vdub?
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby OMEGA » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:06 pm

I think that is what she did n.ñ, anyway in which format did you render the vid, maybe I know the answer for your problem, cause I compressed mine in Vdub
OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby Shouri No Hana » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:15 pm

Shouri No Hana
You Got, a Broken Bike!
You Got, a Broken Bike!

Postby OMEGA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:57 pm

wait, first what is letter box?, second you did it in WMM or in Sony Vegas?, cause if you did it in Sony Vegas I can help you with your file size and quality problem (if you have them)
OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby Shouri No Hana » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Well the question is HOW to letterbox in vegas...because I don't know

and how to lower the size and improve the quaility would be nice...

(I found a video converter btw)
Shouri No Hana
You Got, a Broken Bike!
You Got, a Broken Bike!

Postby OMEGA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:45 pm

well first render the video in Vegas, with the option then "render as", and do it as a NSTC DV (I think that was the name), then import it to Vdub (the size will be 1 GB or 2 aprox), then go to filters, select "deinterlace" and in the configure panel select "best". Then use the smooth filter so it make it better in quality and then the "sharper" so the pictures will be more detailed in the edges (configurate it as you please). Also if you want you can improve the colors in the screen in the "color deph" option , thats for the quality.

about the file size, you must select the full processing mode first, then in the compression option select the DivX (Xvid) codec and press the configure button, select in "encode mode": "Multipass, Nth pass", then in the "average bitrate" window, select a low bitrate to compress it better, if you want you can use the "calculator". Finally put in "encode perfomance" the standard option. After that go to the window/File/Save as AVI and there you go, if the file is too big, then try it again with less bitrate (I did it with 1000 mbs/s, and the video turned out to be in 80 MB)

Take in mind that Vdub don´t make miracles, if your footage is messed up then its impossible to make it look better, alos maybe the speed of the video will be a little slow than the original rendred version.

Hope this help n.ñ
OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby Shouri No Hana » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:07 pm

wow...well then O\./o I'll try that..thank you.
Shouri No Hana
You Got, a Broken Bike!
You Got, a Broken Bike!

Return to AMV Help Studio