[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Video and Codec assistance. ^_^"
Get help and advice on how to make your AMV here.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Video and Codec assistance. ^_^"

Video and Codec assistance. ^_^"

Postby ZeroTheSaint » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:50 am

I've been planning on making a video that portrays Zero's past and that it will forever be his reoccuring nightmare. I've managed to get most of the footage I need from the Video Archives here however....the original video footage for "Zero's Past" doesn't want to download properly. I do have an Acer laptop that came with Vista but upgraded it to Windows 7 if that makes any difference in this at all.

Now i've tried importing the video to my Windows Movie Maker but it says the Codecs didn't download. I've tinkered with it abit and I believe I have the right Codec packs working but the video remains in a simple AVI format and when I try to import it says the file is corrupt.

Can anyone please help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated! :?
ZeroTheSaint
Ware wa meshia nari!!!
Ware wa meshia nari!!!

Re: Video and Codec assistance. ^_^"

Postby XHunter » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Ok, so typically in a situation like this where a user is having problems importing a video clip from the site or says that its corrupt, I will go ahead and download the file in question too see if it gives me the same error. I downloaded the file "X4 - Zeros Past.zip" and opened up the .avi file inside. Oddly enough I got an error where audio would play but video wouldn't. So I used my handy little tool called YAAI (Yet Another AVI Info) too tell me what video codec the video file was encoded with. A few years ago, I re-encoded all the X4 video files with a XviD Codec instead of the standard iv50 (Intel Video 5.0) codec, giving the files a smaller file size and a better overall quality. Since iv50 is obviously no longer a standard codec included with newer operating systems, so that would be the reason why you were unable to import it into video editing program. Anyway, when I opened the X4 - Zeros Past.avi I noticed that it was encoded with the iv50 codec and was roughly 87MB. The XviD version of the video is 24.5MB as described on the X4 video download page. Apparently when I uploaded the re-encoded video files, I must have somehow overlook the Zero's Past file. Anyway, the correct version of the file has been uploaded too the site and go ahead and redownload the "X4 - Zeros Past.zip" and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you have anymore problems, you know where to come ^.^
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby ZeroTheSaint » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Thank you so much XHunter. I tried using other codecs to help work with it but it made little progress. But all I can say is everyone makes mistakes sometimes and that's alright. I appreciate that you took the time to help me out and for that I gratefully thank you. Now i'm sure other people who may have had the same problem might be able to use that video clip once more. Its always good to a skillful networking Megaman Admin to help in the time of a AMV crisis. :P And once again I am thankful for your help. :mrgreen:
ZeroTheSaint
Ware wa meshia nari!!!
Ware wa meshia nari!!!

Postby XHunter » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:44 pm

No problem, that is what I'm here for.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Return to AMV Help Studio