[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - MAD or not?
Get help and advice on how to make your AMV here.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

MAD or not?

MAD or not?

Postby redcyberwarrior » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:27 pm

I was looking over various amvs on youtube...and this sudden question pop up in my head....

what determines if an amv is MAD amv or just a regular amv...can someone clear the concept for me?
redcyberwarrior
Standard Reploid... Again!

Postby Gemini » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Timing, sync, do the clips match the music, effect usage, quality of video and song.

That's how I judge.
Gemini
Ev1l3st Tr(_)st3d M3mb3r
Ev1l3st Tr(_)st3d M3mb3r

Postby XHunter » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:01 pm

From my knowledge, the Japanese don't call their Anime Music Videos AMVs. Instead they call them MAD which stands for something but I can't think of what it stands for at the current time.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby AGF-Antoine » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:32 am

Wikipedia to the resque:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAD_Movie

A Dōga MAD is essentially the same as an AMV, but the japanese community is very elitist and don't wanna be compared to non-japanese editors. Also, the term MAD Movie is way older then the term AMV.

Ofcourse some MAD artist respect the western counterparts and even post their MADs on AMV.org. There is a special delay rule though, they can only post MADs older then a certain amount of time(I know this because I know a MAD artist).

The 2 MADs on AMV.org I like most are and .

AGF-Antoine
AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby redcyberwarrior » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:08 pm

redcyberwarrior

Postby Digitalism » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Digitalism
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby matt13346 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:52 pm

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/matt13346/308-2.gif[/img]
**NewEdge Productions** SheMusic Collab (?%) // Princess Tutu - Reaturn to Heart Station (20% Complete)
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby AGF-Antoine » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:10 am

Last edited by AGF-Antoine on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby XHunter » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:34 am

XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Lexica-chan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:31 am

"In the beginning there was darkness and void. And then
The Encoder said 'BlankClip(color=$FFFFFF)' and there was
light. The Encoder looked upon the light and saw that it
was good, for it was RGB32."

(although there has been some debate over the Encoder's
choice of container, since Life doesn't support any form
of rewinding.)

--The Darkhold Accord
Lexica-chan
Da Mermaid
Da Mermaid

Postby XHunter » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:20 am

XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby redcyberwarrior » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:49 pm

redcyberwarrior

Postby Tri-Kun » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:03 pm

If anyone does notice this then know I'll be back. Soon or later with a Surprise :).
"You are the umbrella above my head. The cold rain falling above my shoulders in night. You next to me has become a habit. I cant be without you alone in the rain."
Tri-Kun
Haruhi <3
Haruhi <3

Postby AGF-Antoine » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:18 am

AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby Tri-Kun » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:10 pm

If anyone does notice this then know I'll be back. Soon or later with a Surprise :).
"You are the umbrella above my head. The cold rain falling above my shoulders in night. You next to me has become a habit. I cant be without you alone in the rain."
Tri-Kun
Haruhi <3
Haruhi <3

Next

Return to AMV Help Studio