[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Can't get video from DVD to editing software!!!
Get help and advice on how to make your AMV here.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Can't get video from DVD to editing software!!!

Can't get video from DVD to editing software!!!

Postby Silvershard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:26 pm

I just perchased "MegaMan EXE. the movie" off E-bay, as well as a DVD RW/R/Burner drive. But my problem is, I am using "VideoStudio 7" and I can't load video from my DVD to the software. I always get a message saying the video is in the wrong format. Do I need to rip the video I want of my DVD? How do I do it? What format should I use? Do I need a DVD ripper software on my computer?
Please help!

P.S. Any Information on this subject is more than welcome.
Jack In! Silvershard! Transmission!
Current Noise: Ophiuchus Noise
BrotherBand code: 4941-3429-1828
ImageImage

Monster (co-creater with Tiaga) 4%
Silvershard
Net Savior!
Net Savior!

Location: Exploring with Tiaga the deepest realms of the undernet

Postby grandbahamut » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Yes, you need to get a DVDripper/decrypter...

Here's something that'll work if you have an animemusicvideos.org account to download it.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/files.php

Get the AMVapp, it includes a DVDdecrypter as well as a few other nice programs

Grand Bahamut
Thanks for the Sig, Lys! =D
grandbahamut
King of Dragons
King of Dragons

Postby XHunter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:39 pm

You might want to try out AoA DVD Ripper. I use it and it works great.

http://www.aoamedia.com/dvd_ripper.htm (Allows DVD to AVI using XviD as a Codec)

Of Course AGF and Lexica-chan might be able to recommend other programs you could use that does not require you to pay for them.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Lexica-chan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Interestingly enough, I myself use DVD Decrypter. The difficulty with this software being that, since the original software creator (Lightning UK, if I recall rightly) received a C&D letter, development has since stopped.

Since I actually rip my own videos so rarely, I'm unaware of the state of the art in regard to content scrambling on DVDs.

My suggestion would be to head over to and give it a whirl. The interface is pretty easy. :)

Does VideoStudio 7 support input files which are VOBs or MPEG 2 videos? (Well, I guess you'd find that out soon enough once you tried to rip the DVD). If it doesn't, then a bit more fun might be required. <Tries to restrain my natural tendencies, since a few folks are aware those are kicked in right now.... Blushie>
"In the beginning there was darkness and void. And then
The Encoder said 'BlankClip(color=$FFFFFF)' and there was
light. The Encoder looked upon the light and saw that it
was good, for it was RGB32."

(although there has been some debate over the Encoder's
choice of container, since Life doesn't support any form
of rewinding.)

--The Darkhold Accord
Lexica-chan
Da Mermaid
Da Mermaid

Return to AMV Help Studio