[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - hey hey movie maker SUCKS
Get help and advice on how to make your AMV here.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

hey hey movie maker SUCKS

hey hey movie maker SUCKS

Postby AxcX » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:45 pm

I was going to make an amv with DayofSigma (AVI file from here RAMV) and my MMSF episodes from http://www.laprojects.net/ and everything went smooth... UNTIL i wanted movie maker to create the video file. The minute display just keeps going up! 'till like 3000 minutes! and it doens't make any progress!!!! i'm damn stucK!
plz help anyone i apreciate
-AxcX
-----
PROJECTS:
none so far... dropped all the previous ones
--------------------
Check my shared DeviantArt Account!: http://randomguys.deviantart.com/
AxcX
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby XHunter » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:06 pm

I've had the same problem for years and the only solution is to divide your project file into four different projects. Render each project file into four parts and then combined the four parts into one to create the complete video.

I've had to do this with several of my higher end Windows Movie Maker AMVs.

DemonHeart, Hero.v2, Could Connected, Dragula, I am (All Of Me), We're All To Blame. They all had to be split into four different project files and then combined into one.

The reason for Windows Movie Maker doing this is because Windows Movie Maker is a resource hog. If you put in to many effects + clips, Windows Movie Maker will bog down and refuse to render the project. This is why splitting the project file into four or more parts will work because then your lowering the number of clips + effects Windows Movie Maker has to render for only one videos. Instead you have it render it over the sum of four or more videos. The File project will render just fine because Windows Movie Maker see the four or more parts as simply videos that was being rendered together.

If needed, reapply the audio track.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Lexica-chan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:09 pm

Bear with the slight topic shift here... :/

Alright... I'll admit, I'm rather oblivious to what all WMM can do exactly. Though since the topic of transitions came up, might as well ask this...

What kinda transitions are you using in your AMVs (aside from basic things like a crossfade or a cut from one clip to the next)?

The reason I ask this is, for the most part, I wish to continue to avoid using WMM, and implement whatever transitions would be necessary as Avisynth functions. (Yes, crossfades and cuts, like mentioned above, are built in commands in Avisynth.... though with some imagination, you can construct more.)
Lexica-chan
Da Mermaid
Da Mermaid

Postby Gemini » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:57 pm

...I find that just changing the form of the file's saving repairs this. Like instead of letting it save as Low Quality Video, manually select something like High Quality Video (Large), which is the best setting I've found so far. I can't go into detail at the moment, but I hope that helps.
Gemini
Ev1l3st Tr(_)st3d M3mb3r
Ev1l3st Tr(_)st3d M3mb3r

Postby AxcX » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:45 am

-----
PROJECTS:
none so far... dropped all the previous ones
--------------------
Check my shared DeviantArt Account!: http://randomguys.deviantart.com/
AxcX
Trusted Member
Trusted Member