[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Repliforce - Extras
I put on my robes and wizard hat!

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Repliforce - Extras

Repliforce - Extras

Postby VileMKII » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:31 pm

~~~~~~~~~Story~~~~~~~~
The year is 21XX. Humans have evolved and advanced technology to a point where robots who have exact human likeness exist. These robots are known as Reploids. While nearly perfect, some Reploids have had abnormal behavior. These are classified as 'Maverick' and have to be dealt with. A group came to be known as the 'Maverick Hunters' whose purpose was to elemite Maverick threats. Several large scale incidents have occured and each time the Hunters proved themselves victorious. Now, a second military has been formed known as the 'Repliforce'. The Repliforce has had several incidents of its own. Currently they are looked down on and thought of as noneffective. The military has currently enlisted a new batch of troops. Hopefully they can turn the tides of this.

Rules and Regulations

1: No godmoding. You each have a set stat that should be able to balance out and straight up stat what you can and cannot do. obey it.

2: Do not take over someone else's character. Its rather annoying.

3: If you do decide to join stay active. Otherwise I will kill off your chara.

4: If you want to change something in your chara template tell me. Do not just go and make a post that has you gain an item that powers you up.

5: Unless I choose to astray from what I have planned, one, I repeate ONE chara per person. Many NPC's can be made for the sake of your own chara's story.

6: All OOC should take place in the Extra thread Located here. OOC can take place in the game thread, though it needs to have an IN post next.

7: When making a character, do not make him any of the fallowing.
-An official character
-A recolor
-A copy of an official character

8: All in game posts should include IN: before the post is started.

~~~~~Q&A~~~~~~
Q1. Stats?!?!

Each stat is set so that you and other players (even bosses) can go at it and we have an idea on who is fast/stronger/skilled in the fight. The stat system is set up as so.
Agility - how likely to dodge opponent attacks, this is also how manuverable you are, higher agility means you can dodge and weave faster and react quicker. It also affects how fast you can react top speed. This is compared to enemy dex to determine if you dodge, if their dex is:
1-3 higher than your agil - you might not be hit at all
4-6 higher than your agil - you'll probably be hit, maybe critically
6-10 higher than your agil- you will hit, high chance of critically

Strength – how much you can lift (and how strong your physical attacks are.) At 5 your character can lift the reploid max of 5 tons, but for every point over 5, they can lift one more ton. (or an additional 2200 lbs.)

Defense – how strong your armor is. Strong armor means you take less damage from all types of attacks (barring any elemental weaknesses which negate this.) This is compared to strength to determine damage in the same way that agility relates to dexterity.

Dexterity – how skilled with your weapon you are. Also includes how accurate you are with your weapon, how likely you are to hit and how likely you are to hit in a critical area (small cracks in armor) This is compared to enemy agility for dodging attacks. If they have higher agility:
1-3 higher than your dex - you miss critical point but hit in general area
4-6 higher than your dex - you might miss the area altogether, sometimes you'll hit sometimes you won't
6-10 higher than your dex - you probably won't hit at all.

Constitution - The amount of health your character has, also affects endurance. If a character has high defense but low health then the armor will probably weigh him down fairly quickly. This also affects their endurance, a good constitution is essential for a good agility or you'll tire out fast.

Skill limit- how many skills you can have. These are your own personal moves, you are limited to having as many moves as you have skill limit. Your character currently has no skills due to the change in technology over hundreds of years. Skills may be remembered over time, at the end of every mission you will have the opportunity to gain one new skill (providing you have that many stat points under skill limit.) This is implemented to prevent godmodding as all skills must be comprehend-able for all players, they deserve to know the extent of your power.

Skill level – how proficient with your chosen skills you are. A higher skill level means you can do more damage and use your skills more effectively.

Throughout the game though you will recive points for stats.

Q2. Saber, Buster Live?!

This is a weapon system, as any type of weapon can fall into this system.
If the weapon is range based, it's obviously in the buster class.
IF the weapon is live ammunition, or made of pure metal, its in the Live class
If the weapon is melee and has a beam, its a Saber.

Each is weak to another, as the weakness chart lays out as so.

Buster<Saber<Live<Buster

Buster: The weakest, or can be, is the only range based weapon. This is meant to fire off plasma shots.

Live: Typically the shortest and closest weapon, this is meant to be the strongest.

Saber: The middle class weapon. Meant for midrange, up close combat. These all consist of a beam-based weapon.

Each Character is allowed two weapons, one for each class, or two for one, but not all three.

Q3. Trans-armor

trans-armor mode is a temporary power-up. It is an armored up version of your character, wither it be inside, or outside changes. The armor is trans-ed to your character when activated.
This mode lasts for four turns only, then it falls off, or is transferred back to base to recharge. This can only be used Once a Mission

In this state all stats are increases by one. With this the one for skill limit is for your Trans-Armor Special Attack.
When making the Trans-armor upgrades you can allow your stats to increase. Though each stat can only go up by +5, and one stat per slot. (So no Agilty and Dex +5) New skills can be added to them for the places as you have four slots.

Q4. Oh noes, I died!

Well looks like you died somehow. Thats okay, as I will let you make another, though you may only have one chara at a time.

Q5. One character?
Yes, one character is allowed. End of discussion.

Q6. Base time and Mission time? My brain is confuzed

This is simple.
Base time is simply for making your own story. This is the time inbetween missions for you to just relax, go on mini missions, or make your own story. During this time you are allowed to do whatever. (provided it fallows the rules)
Mission time is while on a mission. During this you play through the mission.

Q7. Hehe, I like to just post!
No. Read each post thoroughly. Sometimes, people will include you in their posts or have set up a situation for you to act upon. Plus its rather annoying when you do a task, then someone else just copys you.

~~~~~~~~~~~Template~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Image:
Name:
Nickman:
DOB: (DAte of Birth)

Height:
Weight:
Hair: (If longer then helmet or no helmet)
Eye Color:
SKin Color:
Other Features: (Scars, piercings)
Residence: (Repliforce owns a huge city so one could live there or in a base room)

Personal Facts
Friends:
Rivals:
Fav type of music:
Fav Food:
Fav Beverage:
Hobbies/Talents:

Stats (Total of 25)
Agility: (How Likely you are to dodge an attack)
Speed: (how fast you are at running and dashing)
Strength: (how psychically strong you are)
Dexterity: (How proficient you are with your weapon.)
Defense: (How strong your armor is)
Skill Limit: (How many skills you may hold)
Skill Level: (How proficient with you skills you are)
Constitution: (How much you can do, as this could be called endurence)

Skills: (what skills you possess)

Appearance
Head: (Helmet, no helmet? Design)
Body: (Armor design along with the shoulders)
Torso: (lower body, around the weist.)
Legs: (Bulky, slim, ect)
Arms: (same as legs)

Trans-Armor Appearance-

Upgrades-
Head:
Body:
Legs:
Arms:

Trans-armor special attack:

(please state what type of weapon, Buster[energy gun type] saber[energy meele type] or Live[non-energy])
Main Weapon:
secondary weapon: (if any)

Items:
Vehicles:
Weakness: (Everything has a weakness, nothing is perfect)
Theme Song: (These are just fun)
Back Story: (Everyone has a backstory)
Reason for joining Repliforce: (You joined repliforce for a reason, state it)

Gained Hunter/Maverick Moves: (acquired as you progress)

~~~~~~~~~~~Other stuff~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay guys, I know this is the sites first roleplay so I'm going to kinda give you a hands on idea as to what you need to do. Now that know you all read through the rules and the FAQ's, you may copy the character sheet (template) and fill it out. Do no erase parts that are before the : in them, but I do ask that you erase the parts that are in (). Like so
Name: (your chara's name)
Name: VileMKII

I ask that you make a character built for you. You are not required to use your username for your character.

Once filled out, PM me the sheet for approval. Once I review your character I will approve or disapprove and let you know what you need to fix. I will post approved sheets in the post below here. I will start the game itself once I have a few character sheets.

This thread is for asking questions, talking out of character, and looking up others characters.
VileMKII
GM of Roleplay Forest!
GM of Roleplay Forest!

Re: Repliforce - Extras

Postby VileMKII » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:35 pm

VileMKII
GM of Roleplay Forest!
GM of Roleplay Forest!

Return to Roleplay Forest