[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - The "Tales of" Saga
From Anime, the word used for Japanese Animation, Manga, the osed for Comics, Games, videogames. And everything that involves into the eternal realm of quality entertainment.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

The "Tales of" Saga

The "Tales of" Saga

Postby OMEGA » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:25 pm

ok I know that this one is not a very known Saga as Final Fantasy for example, but once you play one of the games you fell in love for it. This Saga is best points are:
- Anime cutscenes that gives more emotive moments to the story
- Excelent "life time action" gameplay, very easy to use and very dinamic
- RPGs with very good voice acting and incredible plot twist that will make you want to continue playing it to know "what will happen next"
- Excelent soundtracks, specially the battle themes, they really add more intensity to the game
- Looooooooooooooooooong stories, yeah generally almost over 40-50 hours of gameplay.

the only problem with this saga (at the begining) was that Namco (the developer) was scared if the reaction in america would be bad since there was a great giant in the RPGs ruling in america (Final Fantasy), besides that they had troubles with the fan when they bring Tales of Eternia to america but US change the name to Tales of Destiny 2 making it a joke, since Tales of Eternia and Tales of Destiny 2 are different games, but that changed when they brought Tales of Symphonia to America ^^.

Order of the games. (name of the game has the link to its respective intro )
- . For SNES and then remastered for GBA (JP and US). It has a 4 episodes OVA too since it got a lot of lovers in Japan, which can be downloaded at DarkSide-Raws I think .
- . For PS1 (JP only), it has been remastered recently for the PS2 and it will be out in Japan the 22th of November, hope they will bring it to America
- . Released for PS1 in US as Tales of Destiny 2, what a joke of mistake ¬¬, anyway it has a 13 episodes OVA, which DarkSide-Raws released some time ago too, also it was remastered for PSP in JP and US. Also this game was transformed into a on-line game, which I still trying to figure out how I can play it (JP instructions >.<)
- . Yeah this is the real one, released in JP for PS2 only. This one has relation with the first ToD (only time that a "Tales of" game has a sequel).
- . This is one of the best of the Saga. Released in JP for PS2 and GC and in US for GC (there are 2 versions of the opening though). A OVA is in the making for this game for 2007 in JP ^^.
- . Released in JP for PS2, don´t know to much of it though n.ñ
- . A great one of the Saga IMO, it was released in both JP and US for the PS2.
- . This one is fighting with Symphonia for the tittle of best game of the Saga. Released in JP and US for PS2. With the song Karma for opening :3
- . Another Version of this game, in which it seems you can make your own characters and its online, definitelly I will wait for this one to come out in America ^^
- . This is the new "Tales of" game for the DS, I think its already in JP, I hope they will bring it to America n.ñ
- . This game was released in Decmeber in Japan for the PSP, what makes this game interesting, well it has aprox 19 (don´t know yet the exact number) of Tales of Characters to choose to play, also you can customize your own character ^^

Well I hope I got your atention on this Saga. Since I payed Symphonia I became a fan of this series, I played Phantasia, Legendia and Abyss since then and I want to play all of them >.<. If you are a fan of the saga feel free to post your favs, I want to talk about all the thing that I can with you guys about this saga ^^.
Last edited by OMEGA on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby Bladedo640 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:33 pm

yay finally some info about the tales of games wich i am a big fan of, can't believe they named tales of eternia tales of destiny 2.... (Who thought of this) and how did you get tales of eternia online >.<
if tales of the tempest comes to europe i am getting it
Sig made by me
Take a look at my sprite comic
Currently at:
Bladedo640
You Got, BAND-AIDS!
You Got, BAND-AIDS!

Postby AGF-Antoine » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:41 pm

My fav game is Tales of Symphonia as most people already know. I also have Tales of Phantasia for GBA and will buy a PSP only for all Tales of games(I will even buy the superior ToP for PSP). And 1 of my top 5 animegirls is from ToE(Farah). It surely is my fav franchise :P
AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby OMEGA » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:43 pm

OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby AXMAN11224 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:35 am

AXMAN11224
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby OMEGA » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:24 pm

OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby AGF-Antoine » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:49 am

AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby OMEGA » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:34 am

OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby AXMAN11224 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:17 pm

AXMAN11224
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby AGF-Antoine » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:32 pm

AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby OMEGA » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:28 pm

Updated the info: added Tales of the World to the list, with its opening and a description of it

PS: I know Antoine will want this one (its for the PSP)
OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby OMEGA » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:26 pm

OMG I found something that the fans of ToS will like to see (even if its a cheap recording)

I will search for a better quality one, but MAN I watched this almost 20 times O.O, can´t believe the animation of this so far, I so want this OVA soon >.<
OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby AGF-Antoine » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:45 am

AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby OMEGA » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:16 am

OMEGA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby Urya » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:20 pm

Well, I've played Phantasia and Symphonia.
Fun series, but it just drags on way too much. The story progresses slowly and ends up being filled with alot of RPG clichés. Though the battle system in ToS made up for it all.
Urya
Mettool Ranger
Mettool Ranger

Next

Return to Anime / Manga / Games