[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - PC Game - Mobile Suit Gundam MMO
From Anime, the word used for Japanese Animation, Manga, the osed for Comics, Games, videogames. And everything that involves into the eternal realm of quality entertainment.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

PC Game - Mobile Suit Gundam MMO

PC Game - Mobile Suit Gundam MMO

Postby Weapon of Light » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Greetings ladies and gentlemen, I come bearing a preview (or review if you want to call it) of a PC game that hails from Japan. This is a Gundam MMO set in the Universal Century (For those who failed timeline academy, this is the universe in which Amuro Ray and RX-78-2 exsist)

This game is still under Server Stress Testing and is still under heavy translation, as you can tell by the loading screen above this text. This was a pay to play game in Japan, but died off soon after it was released. This soon to be english version of the game is free now (so far that I know of) and will be running on private servers upon full release. There is also a wide variety of Mobile Suits to choose from in the game, some are even results of completing extremely hard missions.

As soon as you install the game and move the Gameclient Config to the folder where you installed the Gundam game, you should register on the website.

Once you register you can launch the Gundam game and login. After that you can choose your characters, gender, hair color, face, loyalty and so on. After you do that and choose your name you go on to leveling out three factors for your character.

Strength
Spirit
Luck

Strength of course deals with how much damage you deal to enemies. Spriit is the stamina of the game, and all RPG players can get an idea on what Luck does. It deals with higher chances of critical damage, and increased chances of rare items appearing.

You get 170 points to level those three factors out.

After doing this you will be asked to choose which base you want to start off at. There is a total of four bases to start off in, and all of them have the same shops so none of them are different at the moment. As soon as your start off you will most likely notice a group of people standing in front of you. You can try to talk to them but they really don't do anything at the moment.

At first glance you will think that this is just some plain and simple MMO with somewhat boring graphics. Well... it is. Unless you are a die hard Gundam fan like myself, you may not like this one. When you start off you will not have a Mobile Suit. You will need to find a Machines Shop and buy one. As you can see by the picture above the Weapons Shop is right next door, which is handy. Some weapons are not available to certain Mobile Suits, and as far as I can tell, if you are Zeon you cannot use Federation Suits, just like with the Feds you cannot use Zeon suits.

Here are some of my favorite suits, starting with my number one favorite in the Universal Century.

Gouf

GunCannon 3 (I think, it may be GunCannon 2)

GM Sniper Custom

RX-79(Ground Gundam)

Zaku 2(Mass Production Model)

Gelgoog (Looks like the Char Version)

GunCannon 2

Z'Gok Experiment

There is a lot more suits in the game, that is just some of them. As far as I can tell pretty much all of them share the same movement speed, so it really doesn't matter which suit you pick at the moment. This may change in the real version of the game.

This is pretty much what all of the cities look like, plain and simple.

This is also pretty much what the outskirts of each city looks like. Plain and simple and almost seems like you are walking on a poorly drawn floor. This area is not that impressive and you will be doing a lot of walking in the game. They put in an autodrive key, which will allow your suit to walk forward without you even pushing a thing. You're going to need it too.

That is what the World Map looks like. It is huge, I mean freaking huge. I walked from Sydney to Canberra in a straight line and it took me around 45 minutes. Thankfully I was entertained by a job application and the VisualBoyAdvance you see down at the bottom. I'm playing through the Falzer version of Battle Network 6. Anyways, you can imagine how vast the game actually is if it took me that long to get to another base.

This is for when you are in outer space. Yeah, you can go into outer space in this MMO. Even the Ground Gundam has a Space Jetpack that allows it to fight and move around in space, which is pretty cool. Sadly I do not have a picture of that one...

Overall this is a decent game at best. At the moment there is no real CPU enemies to fight, nor is there any quests to go on for now. Since the game is still undergoing translation and other things you can only walk around and basically see which suit you like the most. I do not have a date for when they will be finished with the translation, but they have already been hard at work with what they have completed so far.

Anyways, that's all for this preview (review), I'll be the one hiding in the trees!

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby AGF-Antoine » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:33 am

G-G-G-GUNDAM!!!

It would be even more fun if there were suits from all timelines though :?

I am talking with Dynasty Warriors Gundam experience here :P

Ofcourse I will try this game ^.^

I will update with my most fav suits from UC soon.

AGF-Antoine
AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby Reiko » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:35 am

AGF and gundam.. I knew it!
Reiko
14th Rebelled Angel
14th Rebelled Angel

Postby VileMKII » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:30 pm

VileMKII
GM of Roleplay Forest!