[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Full Metal Alchemist
From Anime, the word used for Japanese Animation, Manga, the osed for Comics, Games, videogames. And everything that involves into the eternal realm of quality entertainment.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Alchemist

Postby Gemini » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Right. 'Most everyone knows/heard of it, and it seems VERY popular.

I started watching it a while ago, but stopped, and ended up forgetting.

I'm thinking of starting to watch it again, but, once again, I want some unbiased opinions. It SEEMS it won't disappoint, if what Wikipedia says is true:

"The franchise has seen high popularity in both Japan and North America. As of March 2008, the Fullmetal Alchemist manga has sold over 30 million volumes in Japan. The English release of the manga's first volume was the top-selling graphic novel during the year 2005. The series' animated adaptation won the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize in 2003. In two TV Asahi web polls, the anime was voted #1 most popular anime of all time in Japan. It was nominated in six of the eight categories for which it was eligible at the American Anime Awards in February 2007, winning awards in five of them."

But you know how Wiki is :P

Worst part is, I can't remember why I stopped watching it, or even how the series started @.@
Gemini
Ev1l3st Tr(_)st3d M3mb3r
Ev1l3st Tr(_)st3d M3mb3r

Postby XHunter » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Yeah FMA is a great series. I've watched all the episode in the series plus the movie. In fact I used to hang out at the same church as Vic Mignogna, the voice actor who plays the main character Edward Elric and him and my father used to be good friends (I haven't seen him in awhile so I don't know whats up). Overall the anime series is enjoyable. I'm sure you'll find the plot interesting as you watch it.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Gemini » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:04 pm

You sorta knowing the voice actor? Wow. It really IS a small world XD
Gemini
Ev1l3st Tr(_)st3d M3mb3r
Ev1l3st Tr(_)st3d M3mb3r

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Henshin! Wing form... Kamen Rider Advent!
BTW, just call me Michael or Lan.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby Lok » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:49 pm

DO NOT TOUCH MY Yuki Nagato and Tamaki Kawazoe
Lok
Forte's Cloak

Postby DEMONSLAYER » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:31 am

"Land of Confusion" AMV 80% completed; put on temporary hold
"Decode" AMV 80% completed -on hold for anime
"Castle in the Sky" AMV 60% completed -getting more anime so on hold
"Monster" AMV 2%
DEMONSLAYER

Postby AGF-Antoine » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:49 am

AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby Lexica-chan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:57 am

Mmm.... what to say here, that's not been said already. :p

It was an alright series. A nice watch, and the movie nicely capped it off. Though since the movie did that.... I honestly wonder how they'd pick up and make more. :p I don't see the way it currently stands to lend itself in that way.

As for it being massively popular.... how? It was interesting, but I don't see how it could garner the fanbase that it apparently did. (Of course, I can ask the same question for Haruhi..... but that's for another thread.)
"In the beginning there was darkness and void. And then
The Encoder said 'BlankClip(color=$FFFFFF)' and there was
light. The Encoder looked upon the light and saw that it
was good, for it was RGB32."

(although there has been some debate over the Encoder's
choice of container, since Life doesn't support any form
of rewinding.)

--The Darkhold Accord
Lexica-chan
Da Mermaid
Da Mermaid

Postby SILVEI2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:49 pm

This sig was sponsored by Greiga Master and Sailor Silphymon**NewEdge Production**
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Return to Anime / Manga / Games