[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Chrono Trigger DS!
From Anime, the word used for Japanese Animation, Manga, the osed for Comics, Games, videogames. And everything that involves into the eternal realm of quality entertainment.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Chrono Trigger DS!

Chrono Trigger DS!

Postby XHunter » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:25 am

Title: Chrono Trigger DS
System: Nintendo DS
Release Date: Holiday 2008
Company: Square Enix

KingForte first told me about this game coming to the DS several weeks ago, and since then I have been very excited about this classic rpg coming to the DS. I remember saying when I first say the Japanese trailer for this game "I don't care if they remake it like the new Final Fantasy remakes that are coming out for the DS or if they port the SNES version because this is an awesome game either way." Now it turns out that Square Enix will be porting the original Chrono Trigger to the DS, that means it won't be remastered and made into 3D like the Final Fantasy remakes, and that's fine with me because the original Chrono Trigger for the SNES was an outstanding game that is still played over and over again today by many gamers. Now if I understand right from reading many of the E3 articles on it, it appears that the game has Animated Cinematix making this a port of the PSX version of the game (YAY).

I've taken the time to read several comments about this game, both good and bad, and both sides have their points to it. The people who post bad comments either didn't like the original Chrono Trigger (They liked Chrono Cross better) or they disliked the fact that Square Enix is only porting the PSX version of the game to the DS. They have a good point, why not remake the game with 3D graphics like the current remakes of Final Fantasy on the DS. They view this port as a lazy attempt on Square Enix's part to make a few extra bucks. This could very likely be true since it wouldn't take much money to port a SNES/PSX game over to the DS while giving it some DS features like a map system. On the other hand the good comments say that this is a good chance for next gen gamers to see what all the hype over Chrono Trigger was all about without introducing them to something that is completely different then the original.

You can side with either argument and with would be a valid reason. As for me, I never got the chance to play the Original Chrono Trigger on an actual SNES system (I found my ways when I got the internet >.>) The first legitimate time I got a chance to play the game was the PSX version of the game. Now I've beaten this game several times (Even before I played the PSX version) and I deeply enjoy this game. Maybe its because I'm a fan of this game, but I'm rather happy they was going to port this game to the DS in its original form.

This year just seems to be the year of the retro games. First Mega Man returning to its 8-bit beginnings, and now Chrono Trigger getting re-released in its original form for the DS.

lawl, I just thought of an advantage that the DS Chrono Trigger will have over the SNES/PSX version. Its portable! (lol) Ok maybe that isn't a good point since you've been able to make handle-held SNES systems portable by modding a SNES system with a monitor and controller. The only thing that could make this year even better for me would be Super Mario RPG and Earthbound being released for the VC on the Wii.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Crono » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:20 am

Yeah i heard a few things about this game im really looking forward to it :D
My Dream Is To Become A Really Good And Famous Spriter! ^^
Crono
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby Tand » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:13 am

OH GOD YES!!!

I have this game for my snes but i LOVE IT!

CANNOT WAIT TO GET IT!!!
Funny, how you turned red, when i first said let's join the dead...
THANKS TO GREIGA MASTER FOR THE BANNER!!!
Tand
SS License
SS License

Return to Anime / Manga / Games