[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - The Nintendo Wii
From Anime, the word used for Japanese Animation, Manga, the osed for Comics, Games, videogames. And everything that involves into the eternal realm of quality entertainment.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

The Nintendo Wii

The Nintendo Wii

Postby XHunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:51 am

This topic is for all talk about the Nintendo Wii (Official Title)

Price:$249.99
Release Date:November 19th
Package Includes:
- Nintendo Wii
- Wii Sport (Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Boxing, Bowling)
- 1 Wii-Mote
- 1 Nunchuck
- Cables, Sensor Bar, Console Stand
System Specs:
- CPU
PowerPC CPU (code-named “Broadway”), made with a 90nm SOI CMOS process, jointly developed with and manufactured by IBM; GPU developed with ATI.

- Network
The Wii console communicates wirelessly with the Internet via IEEE 802.11 or a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. Wii also can connect wirelessly with Nintendo DS.

- Input / Output
Input: four Wii Remote controllers can communicate with Wii, which features a bay for an SD memory card.
Output: an AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video

- WiiConnect24
The Wii console can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off. The WiiConnect24 service delivers a new surprise or game update, even if the system is idle. Users can connect wirelessly using IEEE 802.11 or a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor.

- Media
A single self-loading media bay plays single- or double-layered 12-cm optical discs for the Wii console, as well as 8-cm Nintendo GameCube discs.

- GameCube Compatibility
The Wii is backward-compatible to all Nintendo GameCube games and includes four ports for controllers and two slots for memory cards.

- Size
About 8.5 inches long, 6 inches wide and less than 2 inches thick (roughly the size of 3 DVD cases stacked on top of each other).

- Design
Featuring a compact design that makes it a natural addition to any television setup, the Wii console is white in color and can be displayed either vertically or horizontally.

Accessories:
- Wii Memory SD 512MB Price:$39.99
- Wii Memory SD 1.0GB Price:$59.99
Last edited by XHunter on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Weapon of Light » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:11 am

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Tessai » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:35 pm

edit
Last edited by Tessai on Wed May 12, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tessai
You Got, New Pants!
You Got, New Pants!

Postby BattleReady22 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:02 pm

i saw a picture of the controler. i have no idia how you can actuaky use it well O.o it so strange@
So, relay for life is coming up, and I am driving to a friends college to participate, as my mom had cancer. I am also trying to collect funds to fight against cancer. If you want to help me, you can donate at the following link. Any bit is welcomed. Thank you all.. <3

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/Rockman.exe

"When you have eyes looking back, you can see
only where you've come from and left behind.
People can't move on living like that.
But since they are in front, we can inch closer to that horizon.
That's why we go on."
BattleReady22
Comrades Forever
Comrades Forever

Postby XHunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:16 pm

well thats what about of people think about the Wii. You can watch the Full Nintendo E3 2006 Press Conference here.

http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/706/7 ... ids_1.html

trust me.... Watch the WHOLE thing.... they explain alot of this in it..

like... Why they named it Wii, Why the System is the way it is, How you'll play games and much more.... for this video you may want to grab some snakes because its about a hour long... after view this may self., I Downloaded the HQ version of the Wii Press Conference and the Sony. showed it to my dad after wards who got excited about the system.

also you just dont play games with the Wii remote... there is another remote most people dont know about... its called the "Nunchuk" and your going to connect it to the back of the Wii controller and use it in your other hand. Both of the controllers are motion-sensitive and can proform many different actions by them selfs.

for Example in "Metroid Prime 3 Corruption"

The Wii remote will become a extenstion of your hand in the game and thats how your going to Aim and shoot.

you will use the Nunchuk to move around the game (since it has the joystick and the Z buttons on it) , and when you throw the Nunchuk forward
samus will use her grapple hook to grab onto emeny sheilds or swing across a pit or to rip off a door.

also with the Nunchuk there will be parts in the game where you will have to Grab a Switch, Pull It Out, Turn It and Push It Back In just to start a Elevator (it was in the demo at E3) all with the motion-sensitive Nunchuk Controller.

(Metroid Switch and Door Example shown here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Xr3XRPe_A

The Wii Controller Info Can be Found Here
http://wii.nintendo.com/controller.html

http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

I hope that the info helped you.. and YES I AM SO GETING METROID PRIME 3 CORRUPTION
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Nova.EXE » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:43 pm

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption and Twilight Princess are definitly on my "to buy" list. Red Steel looks interesting too. Can't wait till the Wii comes out. Oh and Smash Bros Brawl. Gotta get that too.
Sig made by me. PM me if you want one.
Nova.EXE
Mettool Ranger
Mettool Ranger

Postby Dragon Soul » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:28 pm

Metroid Prime 3...I will never get that game. I had, honestly, got scared out of my wits from the first Metroid Prime cause of the water. But hey, this is coming from a guy who is scared to watch Finding Nemo...lol. Hope there are games that I will be interested in getting when the Wii comes out, not including SSBB, that's an automatic.
That cheagle Mieu is such a cutie. I soooo want one of those as a pet. *sniff sniff* Is something cooking?
Dragon Soul
Undernet User
Undernet User

Postby matt13346 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:50 pm

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/matt13346/308-2.gif[/img]
**NewEdge Productions** SheMusic Collab (?%) // Princess Tutu - Reaturn to Heart Station (20% Complete)
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby XHunter » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:06 pm

Well the PS3 Controller is dose not have a "Motion Sensor" like the Nintendo Wii, but a "Gyro Sensor" in the controller.

The differnce is that a "Motion Sensor" is Motion Sensitive and reacts to movements.

Imagine (if you will) a stick/line in the center of your screen that you would be able to move anywhere on your screen simply by moving the wii remote where you want the stick to be. This is kind of how Motion Sensors work (just like this VR games you see at theme parks).

Now Imagine again your a plane and by tilting your controller you would be able to controller your aircraft.

this is example of a Gyro Sensor.

not whats cool about the Montion Sensitive controller is that it can also work like a Gyro Sensor but with more freedom.

that is the Differnce between the PS3 and Wii controller.

So while me and who ever eles is geting a Wii will have full Motion controll of things in our game (slashing while blocking at the same time)

The PS3 users will only have the Abillity to tilt their controller left, right, up, down, back and forward on a fixed point.

What is a GyroScope?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyroscope

What is Motion?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_%28physics%29

but yeah the Sony ripped off the Wii controller.. said so them selfs in a back handed way

E3:"Sony" Yeah we just came up with this 2 week ago :P
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby matt13346 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:08 pm

o, kool didnt know tho, thanks for the update ^^

Nintendo Wii YAH!!
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/matt13346/308-2.gif[/img]
**NewEdge Productions** SheMusic Collab (?%) // Princess Tutu - Reaturn to Heart Station (20% Complete)
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby Dark Shadow » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:17 pm

Yeah, Sony has ripped a lot of things off Nintendo, the analog stick(I think) and rumble(I think too).

Though I am not sure about those, I just heard it.
-Visit my Graphics shop in the fanart section!
Dark Shadow
A License
A License

Postby XHunter » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:20 pm

For those who don't know the Nintendo Wii is $249.99 and will come with Wiii Sports.

the Nintendo Wii will be available November 19th.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Dark Shadow » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:33 pm

Yeah, the Wii is the first to come with it's own game since.....the Saturn was it called? I don't remember.
-Visit my Graphics shop in the fanart section!
Dark Shadow
A License
A License

Postby XHunter » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:34 pm

posted more Wii info and specs on the first post check it out.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby XHunter » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:03 pm

XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Next

Return to Anime / Manga / Games