[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Official Silver Knights Download and Help Topic.
From Anime, the word used for Japanese Animation, Manga, the osed for Comics, Games, videogames. And everything that involves into the eternal realm of quality entertainment.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Official Silver Knights Download and Help Topic.

Official Silver Knights Download and Help Topic.

Postby Weapon of Light » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:39 pm

This is a game that I found while surfing the web one knight. *bad pun I know*

MP3 Patch

For info for the info patch, search my post below.

It really is a fun game to play. XHunter has even given his permission for us to make an Online Community Game out of this. (if we get enough people playing) The game is only 8 MB's, so it's very small, but good.

Download "SK-Ver0.05D.LZH" It's not the up-to-date version, but it is the best. If you want the latest version, go to chromehound.com.

Now for some tech help.

In order to unzip the game, you need RAR. You can get that here:

Place the game wherever you want, it doesn't matter where. Best thing though, is to create a shortcut for your desktop.

Now, you've downloaded the game, and unziped it. You're ready to start playing. DO NOT, be alarmed if your screen goes black. It's just setting up for full screen mode. With some computers (like mine) you will only get half of the full screen, as if it was in a normal window, and the rest of the background is black. With other computers, it will be a real full screen. So if you don't get the real full screen like me, I'm sorry. You'll have to deal with it like I have been. And DO NOT MOVE YOUR MOUSE AT ALL!! If the mouse leaves the Silver Knights window at all, it will minimize, and you'll have to restart the EXE program.

This game is not complete, and will never be completed. So there is no Story Mode. For some reason, they stopped with the creation of the game, so the online trial version is all we will ever see of this game. But as I said, the Network Mode fully works. But before plunging into the game head on, I would go to Options if I were you.

First, I would go to Key Configuration. Set it up however you see fit. If you have a Joypad, or Joystick to play this, well in that case I hate you, but setup however needed. After you've set your controls, set up your Mechs Colors to whatever you'd like. After you're done, go to set up your Battle Messages. After all of that is done, make sure you press F3 anytime you want to save your Configurations. Exit Options after you have setup the game difficulty and such stuff like that. Also, Network Play is "FREE"

Now for some gameplay help.

Main Shot is obviously your main weapon. Sub Shot is a sometimes stronger attack. Option is different with every Mech. One will have Funnels that stay and place, and attack with your Sub Shots. Another mech has a "Super Mode" in terms. He will become stronger for as long as the energy remains in his Option meter. Double Tapping the boost button, allows your mech to execute a boost jump. Very handy.

Melee. Get in close enough, and your weapons will AUTOMATICLY swicth to Melee. There is no way to stop that from happenning. So if you want to stick to your guns, don't get in close, or let them get close to you. Your Main Shot button, is your Light Attack for Melee, and your Sub Shot button, is the Heavy Attack. Try mixing the buttons up while slashing at your enemies to create combos! Don't just sit there and hack away, put some combos in there man!

Locking on. Sometimes it can be tricky, if you're trying to switch from one foe to the next. You have to be facing your enemy, in order to lock on to them. So if you're facing one Computer, and one is behind you slashing away, turn around, and press the Lock button you have set. You should be able to turn around and face the backstabber.

That's all for Combat help. I will explain editing maps and such in my next post.
Last edited by Weapon of Light on Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:09 pm

What I found the best about this game, wasn't the gameplay, or coloring my Mech, but being able to edit the game itself in a way. With this game, you're able to edit the games music to your liking. Let me explain, before you start asking a million questions about putting your favorite music in!

They HAVE to be MIDI Files, or Mp3 files!! No other music type file will work. I will give links to MIDI Files later on in this post, if you don't know what they are, or want to download some for this game.

How To Edit The Music You Ask?

It can be tricky at first, but easy to figure out at the same time. Inside of the Silver Knights Folder, is a file named "*midi*"

Inside is the in game music, title music, and Mech selection music. I will now explain how to edit the music.

Open the midi folder, and take a look at the names of the MIDI Files. Like "aggres" for an example. Always copy and paste whatever you take out of this midi folder. Put it in a safe place, just in case you know. Take the MIDI File you want in the game, and rename it to "aggres", or whatever file name you took out. Click yes to replace the file. BAM! You just replaced a battle theme! Rinse and repeat for the others to your likings.

MP3 Music.

I recently found a patch that allows you to use MP3 files. If you want to use MP3's rather than MIDI's, then simply download the two MP3 albums from the link in my first post, and delete the midi folder. Place the mp3 folder in with the game. You have to combine the two. And you only need the first "READ ME" file from the first album. To put your own MP3 music in, just do the same thing you'd do for the MIDI Files.

Emblems.

If you notice when you open the Silver Knights Folder, there is a BMP File named "Emblem" Edit that picture, without resizing the image. Edit it, save it, and it should appear on your Mech somewhere. Simple stuff.

Editing Cross Hairs.

I love this one. Click on the "png" folder, and scroll down a little. You should see four Cross Hairs. Edit them however you like. Cross01 is the one you use to lock on with. Cross02, and Cross03, are used for secondary things. Like an enemy missle heading towards you, or with some mechs, their funnels.

You can also edit the pictures of the Mechs. It will NOT change their looks in the game though. It's just a picture from the selection screen.

Last thing you can edit, that I am aware of (and I'm aware that it won't screw the game up) is a few of the maps. Trainning Room, is the best for me. Click on the "Map" folder, and take a look. Click on any of the BMP's there to edit the color of the stages. Careful though. I have not colored any other stage, but "Training Room, Map Test, and Bridge" so I don't really know the results of messing with the others.

Now for those links I promised.

And please don't come to this topic to talk about what happened in your last match, or stuff like that. This topic is for help only. Depending on how many people play, there will be another topic made for "Online Discussion" You have been warned. I will remove any post of that kind.

Happy gaming, and I hope that A LOT of people get into this here. We have a chance of getting a Tourney started, if 20 or more play this.

WARNING: DSL ONLY!! I was playing with XHunter last night, and we think we played a player who was using Dial Up! Do NOT try playing online if you have Dial Up! Sorry, but that's the way it has to be.

Another thing, please don't ask me to edit the MIDI, or MP3 files for you. I will ignore that if you do. Sorry. I don't mean to be rude, but just no.
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Bladedo640 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:06 am

Sig made by me
Take a look at my sprite comic
Currently at:
Bladedo640
You Got, BAND-AIDS!
You Got, BAND-AIDS!

Postby Weapon of Light » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:27 am

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Bladedo640 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:29 am

Sig made by me
Currently at:
Bladedo640
You Got, BAND-AIDS!
You Got, BAND-AIDS!

Postby Weapon of Light » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:09 pm

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:06 pm

I thought I would share my Custom Mechs of this game.

Icarus Custom (Zerowing)

Tartaros Custom (Gunner)

To use these all you need to do is replace the old folders in the Silver Knights game, with these new ones. Be sure to copy and paste before doing anything.
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Taiyoh » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:21 pm

Played this game long ago, my favorite to use was Philotes.
Taiyoh
On Air!
On Air!

Postby Bladedo640 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Wow this topic has been dead for a long time.
Well anyway i still have played the game and my fave mech became Icarus, Tartaros and Cerberus.
Why? Simple reason they ae easy to use for me(and they can power up themselves with the option button except Taratos he loses his heavy armor on low hp)
Taiyoh i bet i can beat u XP(even if i suck)
Sig made by me
Currently at:
Bladedo640
You Got, BAND-AIDS!
You Got, BAND-AIDS!

Return to Anime / Manga / Games