[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - NDS Max Media Player-Detal-
From Anime, the word used for Japanese Animation, Manga, the osed for Comics, Games, videogames. And everything that involves into the eternal realm of quality entertainment.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

NDS Max Media Player-Detal-

NDS Max Media Player-Detal-

Postby matt13346 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:12 pm

Well...I've seen a number of these at my local Wal-mart, and always wanted to get one. Now that I got the money for it...I'm still a lil' choosie if im gonna get one or not. Ever new accessory for the DS seems to be exclusively for the DS Lite...Which is a bummer since i got the Older version. I don't want to end up buying it....and it not work for the older DS. I know that you need a compact flash card to expand memory to hold more music and videos. I have my eyes set to a 2gb one =3

So anyone know about this and have more info on this? (Looks at Xhunter for making me make this topic XD)
Last edited by matt13346 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/matt13346/308-2.gif[/img]
**NewEdge Productions** SheMusic Collab (?%) // Princess Tutu - Reaturn to Heart Station (20% Complete)
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby XHunter » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:21 pm

[ Edited Topic title to display product name and the company who makes it ]

Well first off, you should know that the Max Media Player that you buy at Wal-Mart, doesn't come with its own Memory card.

I bought it for myself for Christmas thinking that all I would need is the Max Media Player. Sadly I found out that it also needs a memory card for you to store the data on since it doesn't have its own internal storage device.

The Max Media Player by Detal requires you to have a Compact Flash memory card installed in the device before using.

http://www.directron.com/kingstoncf512.html <- 512 MB CF(Compact Flash) for only $12.99.

I'm not going to fill your head with to much info, so I'll wait for your next question.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby matt13346 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:23 pm

Lol ok X...umm..will I need an expansion pack for this like...the NDS web browser...since i have the older ds and etc...or does it like have a..."universal port" so that it wouldnt matter which version of the ds i own?

Also, I already knew about the compact flash thing...I have my eyes set to a 2gb one =3
**NewEdge Productions** SheMusic Collab (?%) // Princess Tutu - Reaturn to Heart Station (20% Complete)
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby XHunter » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:25 pm

Since I own both a DS and a DS lite I can tell you that the Max Media Player works with both.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby matt13346 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:28 pm

Sweet...thanks for the info X...I about to get one soon =3 I just need to look at how much a 2gb compact flash cost...last time i checked..i think it was around $30-$45
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby XHunter » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:32 pm

$34.99 Kingston 2GB Compact Flash
http://www.directron.com/cf2gb.html

Not only is it the cheepest, but Kingston makes really good products.

Also I was wondering what you wanted to use the MMP(Max Media Player) for? because I found out mine didn't work so well with what I used it for and had to get myself a R4 :P
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby matt13346 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:36 pm

A R4?

Anyway..I pretty much just want to use mine as a mp3 player. I may use it to take my amv's on the go to show-off, but i doubt it. Also, If i get this, I won't really need to get an mp3...which will just fill my pockets more. (I don't carry any of my electronics and etc. in my bookbag...i don't trust them there) everything I hold dear stays in my pocket.

So yea..pretty much..I want this so i can turn my DS into an over-sized Mp3
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby XHunter » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Oh, lol. Then the MMP should work fine for that... I had >.> other reasons for buying the MMP.... lol
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Riku-Kun » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:33 pm

Riku-Kun
Singularity Point

Postby matt13346 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:40 pm

wait...so...the mmp doesn't play music well? Does th music sound crappy or anything?...because Music and MAYBE...JUST MAYBE videos are the only reason why i want the MMP
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby Riku-Kun » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:46 pm

Umm somehow compared to the quality you get whith a MP3 Player or other Media Divice, The MMP lacks effort in this areas, i had one 2 years ago but then i dicided to sell it for its Flopness and i bought a M3 SD Perfect that somehow sucked to in Media because back then the software used for it called Moonshell pretty much was in its first stage of testing.
Then i got a M3 Simply few months a go and somehow Moonshell did pretty well offering a better Video Quality playback but still, i hated how it STILL plays my MP3 files XD
But you can always use a MMP for its cheap and not good quality in playing the game backups (Like 30% of all the NDS games work and the ones that work have problems).
So you can use a not really good Flash Catridge like the MMP or change to the profesional ones like M3, G6, R4, DS-Xtreme that offers you something better.
Riku-Kun
Singularity Point

Postby matt13346 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:21 pm

The more i hear about this...the more I don't want it -_- I was getting my hopes all up and all lol. Well thanks for the info on this...I learned something today :)
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:03 pm

Henshin! Wing form... Kamen Rider Advent!
BTW, just call me Michael or Lan.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby Riku-Kun » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:59 pm

Riku-Kun
Singularity Point

Postby Synchro-Kun » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:50 pm

Max Media Player is just not worth it. It's big, bulky, lack of game support, and it's too expensive. If you search on Google, you can find flash carts similiar to the MMP (M3 Simply, R4, G6, etc) for a WAY cheaper price (Except the storage cards, since microSD cards cost more) and better support. To summarize this -

MAX MEDIA PLAYER
Pros - You can get it at a store! (about the only pro I can think of!)
Cons - MP3 support sucks, barely any NDS game support (research this on your own), expensive, sticks out of your DS, and suck on.

R4, M3 Simply, etc -
Pros - Awesome MP3/video support (almost the same as a PSP! ... except worse video quality), almost 100% NDS game/Wifi support, reasonable price, no sticking out of your DS/DS Lites, exchangable memory, and homebrews support (For example, you can use the WiFi to access MSN! .. although I've never succeeded so far.)
Cons - You can't buy this at a store for a quite obvious reason.
-Uses microSD cards which are costly.

That's really about it.
Synchro-Kun
You Got, a Broken Bike!
You Got, a Broken Bike!

Location: Somewhere, dreaming about Pikachus dominating the world.

Return to Anime / Manga / Games