[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Official Mega Man 10 Discussion! *Spoilers*
From the game that started it all, to the remake of it for the PSP handheld system.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Official Mega Man 10 Discussion! *Spoilers*

Official Mega Man 10 Discussion! *Spoilers*

Postby XHunter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:17 am

Last edited by XHunter on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:51 am, edited 23 times in total.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby systemkrash » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:46 pm

It's March 1st, it's out, and it's... good.. but not as great as Mega Man 9... yet.

I've pretty much gone through since it became available at 12Noon EST and played through the 8 robot master levels. Some of the buster challenges (especially blade man) will require some fancy footwork, but for the most part, the stages are well designed to give you a challenge. (Note: I played normal, not easy)

I did go through and guessed at a weakness chain, which I checked against the net and got it right.. I haven't gone through and beat all 8 masters yet as I took a break from just enjoying the stages.

The art in the stages is a little lacking in some areas. Chill Man's stage seems a little bland although the multi-colored flashing surfaces makes up for it, but the backgrounds were just boring. The best stage, design-wise goes to Sheep Man. Very high detail and great innovation in ths level for sure.

Music is hit and miss... Nitro Man got the honor of the trailer theme, Strike Man's is catchy, but a little annoying at times.. Pump Man's is pretty nice, but other than that, the music falls a little flat. boss battles and character select screen nail it nicely though.

These are just my thoughts on a first impression of the game. I heard from others who have made it that the Wily Stages are very challenging. I'll probably get back into it later tonight and put up some more thoughts.
systemkrash
You Got, New Pants!
You Got, New Pants!

Postby XHunter » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:29 pm

Well I just finished the game after 3 hours of playing it. I have to admit its pretty challenging.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Reiko » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Let's post our records here.

on my first play my record was of ''1:35:53'', Finished #12 on ranking '' on the first two hours of release''

Anyway, this game is pure gold, I've been playing with my brother and we agreed on saying that this is the funnest classic Megaman game ever, it's just so rich gameplay wise and all, the stages are amazing, so are the soundtracks, this game is pretty challenging, I really had to give it my all ^.^
Reiko
14th Rebelled Angel
14th Rebelled Angel

Postby XHunter » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:58 pm

lol, I took twice the time you took Vexan. I probably would have had the close to the same time as you if it wasn't for me four year old brother jumping in front of the TV. but that would be making excuses, and I don't want to do that :P
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Reiko » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

The Challenges.. oh man, the way they are made, I JUST LOVE IT! They are playable ( stages ) and you have 12 others you can perform -ingame- you've got a total of 100 challenges in all. that's amazing, how far have you guys gotten in them?

I'm at #32 - fully completed objectives
Reiko
14th Rebelled Angel
14th Rebelled Angel

Postby XHunter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:16 am

I've only beaten the game, I had to get off because my little brother needed to head to bed. I'll be on later on tonight through.

Edit: Found the time to give Mega Man 10 a second play through, ended up with a Full Clear Time of 57 minutes which put me in 19th for the time being. It was sloppy so I'm sure I can bring it down by another 15 minutes.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby VileMKII » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:22 pm

I don't have internet at my house so I have to play a friends. T_T

he sucks really bad too so I didn't get to do alot. I've only clogged pumpman and shot down the commando. I plan to take on Solarman next.

Lastly, I hate commando man's stage. it sucks. >< Bubble shield didn't help at all!
VileMKII
GM of Roleplay Forest!
GM of Roleplay Forest!

Postby Reiko » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Have you beaten your ''Pop Sicle'' Yet? oh and after him, be sure to take on Chillman
Reiko
14th Rebelled Angel
14th Rebelled Angel

Postby VileMKII » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Like I said I don't have the game myself so I didn't get to play much, and my only internet access is at work so I'm kinda screwed on getting it for the time being. But I'm assuming you mean that Sun God melts the Mr.Freeze. I guessed that. My thoughts on the weaknesses are

Thunder wool beats Toilet man

Water Shield smacks Sun God

Sun God melts Mr.Freeze

Ice spike shot thing pops the stuntman's tires

and that's all I have for now. I'm thinking the Commando Bomb takes out Cardinal player but I dunno why I think that. And don't tell me if I'm wrong, I want to find out on my own :P
VileMKII
GM of Roleplay Forest!
GM of Roleplay Forest!

Postby XHunter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 am

Just a heads up for everyone, I posted a list of boss weaknesses that I've found for the majority of the bosses in Mega Man 10. Because I know there are some people here who rather find out this information on their own, I have added a spoiler tag function to hide the information. So if you want to see the current list of boss weaknesses, feel free to click on the "Show" button to reveal whats inside, but be mindful, you've been warned.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby VileMKII » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 am

I've been having alot of luck. So far I only have Bushido bot and The Cardinal. I'm thinking that the Commando Bomb beats The Cardinal, because I have a hunch that the Triple Blade beats Kracko, who was the one I defeated first on my file. (yes I have the game now =D)

And My nicknames for the bosses are as fallows.

Nitro man - Stunt Guy
Chill man - Mr.Freeze
Sheep man - Kracko (Kracko was the cloud boss in Kirby. ya, reminds you of him now huh)
Solar man - Sun God
Commando man - The Commando
Blade man - Bushido Bot
Strike man - Cardinal
Pump man - Drain-o
VileMKII
GM of Roleplay Forest!
GM of Roleplay Forest!

Postby VileMKII » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:36 pm

VileMKII
GM of Roleplay Forest!
GM of Roleplay Forest!

Postby DarkShadowSoul » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 pm

ImageImage

Koreri! Kimeru!.....Kaiser Delta BREAKER!!
DarkShadowSoul
Beware The Shadows
Beware The Shadows

Postby Reiko » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Reiko
14th Rebelled Angel
14th Rebelled Angel

Next

Return to Rockman (Classic)