[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - PKMN Leaf Green
Unlike the "Anime / Manga / Games" forum, the Gaming Lounge is meant to be used as a place where gamers can gather and assist one another with problems they may be having. In other words, a gaming help forum.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

PKMN Leaf Green

PKMN Leaf Green

Postby Daisy_Dyme » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:05 am

So it used to be €40, then €30 and now €20!! So I just bought it...since they don't sell gold/silver/crystal anymore.

If anyone has some tips or tricks for me, let me know. Like the Mew-bug or MissingNo (which don't work here though)

Below, my story so far: (for the fans)
-------------------------------------------------------
Daisy's PKMN Adventure - Day One

So I started playing, chosen Charmander as my starter.
1. Because there are few fire pokemon
2. It would be easy to defeat the bug trainers
3. My rival would get Squirtle, which is easy to beat with a Pikachu.

But than I got to Brock. On pokemon yellow I never had trouble beating him, but now he has the stuppid Rock Tomb attack!!!
My butterfree couldn't survive so I checked it's stats. I discovered it only had an attack of 18, and sp.attack of 27. It doesn't even KNOW a special attack yet...

Fed up with that I cought a new caterpie and trained it, discovering the same weak attack... *went to my dark place*
Ah well, just play along. I got my charmander to lvl 13, when it learned Metal Claw, instead of Smokescreen?? :o

With a big smile on my face I went back to Brock, and beat his stupid Onix. FINALLY I could leave the city, after playing for 4 hours already....
And still, a weak butterfree with no special attack. :roll:
[/color]
[/color]
Daisy_Dyme
Pink Fox
Pink Fox

Postby SILVEI2 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:11 pm

This sig was sponsored by Greiga Master and Sailor Silphymon**NewEdge Production**
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Postby AGF-Antoine » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:01 am

AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby Daisy_Dyme » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:35 am

I just figured out Sp.Attack goes for ALL special attacks, not just the same type as the pokemon type.. :?

--------------------------------------------
Daisy's PKMN Adventure - Day Two

I arrived in Cerulean city. I wanted to use Pikachu for Misty, but it fainted allot due a very low defence. So I used my butterfree instead, which worked pretty well.

After nugget bridge I got to Vermillion City. First a quick peek in the diglett cave, where I found a lvl 31 dugtrio!! O.o
Too bad it didn't have Arena Trap (prevents running away), so I had to settle with a diglett. We'll see which one is best on lvl 31.

Now I'm on my way to the SS. Anne to get the CUT ability. Not sure yet which pokemon I give it too. Maby diglett, it already has the DIG ability.

My standard team will be made by Charizard, Butterfree, Pidgeot with fly, Articuno, Kadabra and maby a Rhydon with surf. :P
[/color]
[/color]
Daisy_Dyme
Pink Fox
Pink Fox

Postby Daisy_Dyme » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:27 am

If you checked 'General Chat' you'd know my NEW computer broke down. So I had time to play PKMN. :P

Lt.Surge was easily beaten with diglett, and Erika's gym was a Charmeleon-only battle.

One question remains, should I continue with a Kadabra or Haunter? (can't trade for a stage2) :o
[/color]
[/color]
Daisy_Dyme
Pink Fox
Pink Fox

Postby SILVEI2 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:05 pm

This sig was sponsored by Greiga Master and Sailor Silphymon**NewEdge Production**
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Postby AGF-Antoine » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:09 am

Keep in mind its Leaf Green we are talking about. The Gastly family is the only Ghost Pokemon you can get before the Pokemon League. And I mean like, Kadabra is way better then the likes of Hypno and Mr. Mime. Ofcourse you can catch the best Psychic after the first run through of the Pokemon League. Keep in mind that the Elite Four gets even better after the first time.

Both the versions of the Pokemon League are the best things in the game. About the hardest Pokemon League from any of the games.

AGF-Antoine
AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby Daisy_Dyme » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:11 am

Uhm... why do I need a psychic or ghost again??

I already beat Koga with Pidgeot' wingattack and Butterfree's psybeam. Sabrina should be easy with Butterfree's silverwind, so why sould I pick a ghost? :?
Or I'm just a big overleveld. I played the game with only 3 main pokemon instead of 6. They're lvl. 40-42 now, after Koga. Sabrina follows.

I do need something for Drowzee and Hypno, they go down slow...
[/color]
[/color]
Daisy_Dyme
Pink Fox
Pink Fox

Postby AGF-Antoine » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:11 am

You said it yourself, pwning Psychic Pokemon.

But yes, a Ghost is less vital then Kadabra. You need Kadabra to pwn the second and third Elite Four member(Fighting user, Poison user). For the first Elite Four member you will need Fire and Electric moves and for the 4th one you will need Electric and Ice. The main use of a Ghost pokemon is to pwn Gary's Alakazam, which is a very dangerous Pokemon. The first and third Elite Four member also have Pokemon weak to Ghost moves(Slowbro, Jynx, 2 Gengar and 1 Haunter).

But making a proper set of Pokemon is your own choice, I usually clear the entire game with an overpowered starter and Articuno + Zapdos. Sometimes I also train an Alakazam or a Gengar if I feel like it.

AGF-Antoine
AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby Lok » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:19 am

ha i was playing firered not long ago.

to beat elite four here are my pokemon
Ice > Lapras with Thunderbolt totally pwns them, since most Ice pokemon are Water type.

Fighting > Gengar with Psychic or any Flying type could beat them. Gengar in leaf green is stronger than the one in old version, because of the added ability of Levitate, despite the low defense with Gengar, it can resist the physical normal, ground and fighting moves. You can go with Alakazam too if you are confident to OHKO them with Psychic, because Alakazam has very low defense, and those physical attacks from Fighting type could kill your Alakazam even the attack is not very effective. Anyway you can make your Alakazam or other pokemon to learn Reflect to survive longer.

Ghost and Poison > Gengar and Alakazam with Reflect can kill them too. Btw, snorlax with Shadow ball and body slam is very handy here since snorlax has very high HP and special defense and immune to poison status! In the old green version Dugtrio could beat them but now the ghost has levitate XD

Dragon > LOL the strongest one among the elites but the easiest one to beat. Ice Beam kills all of them(except Gyarados, but thunderbolt could take it down easily).

Gary > Since you choose Charmender so these are the pokemon of Gary

Pidgeot > Should be easy
Rhydon > Piece of cake
Exeggutor > Your Charizard
Arcanine > Surf attack
Alakazam > go with strong physical monster with decent special defense( which will not ohko by psychic) You can use your flying monster with Return(102 damage! if your pokemon like you)
Blastoise > not much problem if you have leaf pokemon or lapras/starmie/snorlax.

Here are my set of pokemon to sweep elite four easily

Venusaur > Sleep Powder and leech seed to stall and switch out other pokemon to deliver final blow.

Lapras/Starmie > Water Pokemon with electric move and good defense/special defense/HP, Starmie is fast and has higher special attack.

Snorlax > strong attack and solid special defense and long HP. Rest ftw!

Alakazam > Main special attacker in team. Reflect/Recover can make my alakazam survive longer.

Fearow/Dodrio > Main physical attacker in team. Drill peck is much stronger than pidgeot's wing attack.

Ninetales/Arcanine > ninetales' will-o-wisp is really good since it halves the attack power of pokemon and it has good special defense. Arcanine's Intimidate which lowers the attack and itsextreme speed, high overall stats are always cool.

I always use this set of pokemon and able to beat elite four easily. yea i like Venusaur the best among the three starter since i think there are better fire/water pokemon like Arcanice and Lapras. And Venusaur is one of the best Leaf pokemon.

DO NOT TOUCH MY Yuki Nagato and Tamaki Kawazoe
Lok
Forte's Cloak

Return to Gaming Lounge