[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - How do you co-op offline? (PC)
Your general average generic Chit Chat cafe. Talk about everyday issues, of the strange thing that happened when you stepped in the funny looking door.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

How do you co-op offline? (PC)

How do you co-op offline? (PC)

Postby Silvershard » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Hey guys ( O.o OMIGOSH SILVERSHARDS BACK!!!! ^.^ :P) I need some help. Anyone know how to link two laptops to play games without going online? My friend who I haven't seen in two years is coming to visit in November. (yeah I know its still 2 months away but I'm kinda excited) We are planning to do lots of co-op gaming and I should have a new laptop by then. So I thought we might find a good PC co-op game to play when he comes. Your thoughts?
Jack In! Silvershard! Transmission!
Current Noise: Ophiuchus Noise
BrotherBand code: 4941-3429-1828
ImageImage

Monster (co-creater with Tiaga) 4%
Silvershard
Net Savior!
Net Savior!

Location: Exploring with Tiaga the deepest realms of the undernet

Re: How do you co-op offline? (PC)

Postby DEMONSLAYER » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:02 pm

well i know a person can link two pc (laptop-desktop or desktop-desktop) with a crossover cable but i also know that you can link laptops through a special wifi network that you can set up, its not going online its just a way to have the laptops speak to each other. hope that makes sense.

"Land of Confusion" AMV 80% completed; put on temporary hold
"Decode" AMV 80% completed -on hold for anime
"Castle in the Sky" AMV 60% completed -getting more anime so on hold
"Monster" AMV 2%
DEMONSLAYER

Re: How do you co-op offline? (PC)

Postby XHunter » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Ok, so how I understand it, you both have a laptop that is capable of Wi-Fi and lan connections. Most importantly, do these co-op games support "LAN" (Local Area Network) options? If the answer to the previous question is no, than you will need to play with each other with an internet connection. If the games you are playing to play do support "LAN" options, then their are several methods you can use to get what you want done.

As Demonslayer has already previously stated, you can use a Crossover cable to connect both of the laptops to each other so that they can communicate with one another. The other option is to use a Switch/Hub/Router. The other method, depending on if you have a Wireless Router, may require you to have two Cat5e / Cat6 Ethernet/Networking cables. If you have a wireless router, you can both connect to the device without having to worry about the length of cable you have limiting you to too where you sit / stay with your Laptop. All three of these options Crossover Cable, Wired Router/Switch/Hub, Wireless Router, will require that you at least have some knowledge of how to setup a network. You could probably google and simple setup guides.

Since I am all the way on the other side of the internet, and I am unable to see what devices / equipment you have, it will be difficult for me to tell you exactly what to do but I will try. FYI, if you didn't know, I'm currently getting my degree in Computer Science and will soon be working towards becoming a "Bachelor of Computer Science" with my specialty being Computer Networking. What you what is really simple and I network computers all the time for clients. If you lived near by I could totally set it up for you. But I doubt you live in Houston, Texas T_T

Note: Co-Op Offline is what I like to call, what people used to do before internet gaming became huge. No seriously, LAN (Local Area Network) parties were a big thing and still are today.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Return to General Chat