[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Got a problem with Wi-Fi...
Your general average generic Chit Chat cafe. Talk about everyday issues, of the strange thing that happened when you stepped in the funny looking door.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Got a problem with Wi-Fi...

Got a problem with Wi-Fi...

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:42 pm

I have wireless internet and a Buffalo Wireless-G router http://www.buffalotech.com/products/wir ... hr-hp-g54/ with this router, I can connect my NDS no problem. But recently due to some issue i had with this thing, I switched to a Linksys G http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WRT54G2 and now, I cannot Wi-Fi with my NDS... If there any other possible way I can Wi-Fi with my NDS other than switching back with the old router? This is what it said when I click search for an access point: "The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, call 1-800-895-1672 (US & Canada) or visit www.nintendowifi.com"
Henshin! Wing form... Kamen Rider Advent!
BTW, just call me Michael or Lan.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby XHunter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Question, what Wireless Security do you have your router set to?
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:49 pm

WEP... Well, the DS found my router access point, but when i click on it, it pops up that message... I'm thinking probably Linksys does not support gaming Wi-Fi. Do you think i need to buy a Nintendo W-i-Fi USB Connector? Thanks X.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby XHunter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Ok good, because the DS and DSLite can only access WEP access points with the broadcast signal of 802.11b. Check to see if your broadcasting in that. Also what is the error message your DS is giving you.

Edit: Never mind, I saw the message.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:56 pm

This is the error message it is giving me: "The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, call 1-800-895-1672 (US & Canada) or visit www.nintendowifi.com.

Also how can I check if I am broadcasting 802.11b? Thanks.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby XHunter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Well usually you type in the IP address to your router in your Web Browser. For example, the IP for your router might be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. To find this information out, click "START" on the windows taskbar and then click "RUN". In the "RUN" window type "CMD" (short for command) and press "ENTER" the MS-DOS Command Prompt will open up. In that window type "ipconfig" and press enter. A series of numbers and information will be displayed. Look for the IP address of your Default Gateway. Enter that IP address in your web browser and you should be taken to your router set up page.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:08 pm

So say I'm not broadcasting 802.11b, does not mean i can't Wi-Fi? Does that mean i have to buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector?
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby XHunter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:11 pm

lol, you shouldn't have a problem broadcasting in 802.11b. I checked your Router specs from the site you linked, and it shows that it can broad cast in there two ranges 802.11b, 802.11g.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Dang, thanks X. I guess I have to play around with the router then. I will keep you updated. Thanks!
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby XHunter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:21 pm

You might want to check out the Nintendo WiFi site to see if they have your router listed and how to make it work with your DS.

Edit: Found this link that might help you.

http://www.wirelessroomservice.com/usin ... ntendo-wfc
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Guess what! XD. Turns out I was using WPA2 for the security... so sad. Well, I picked WEP, but I guess Linksys found a way to ask me questions and say WPA2 is the best configuration... Alright, I changed the security to WEP, then my other desktop (using wireless internet) does not work. I tried erasing the WPA2 setting on the desktop and refresh my network, and nope. So i think every time I do DS Wi-Fi, I have to switch around the security. XD. Thanks X.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby XHunter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:39 pm

XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:45 pm

LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby XHunter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:49 pm

it might be because your old wireless information is still saved into your ip cache. What might want to try is going back to the command line "cmd" and typing in "ipconfig/release" doing so will release all known IP addresses on your computer. Then type in "ipconfig/renew" this will make your computer acquire new IP addresses for the ones we just released. Hopefully this is fix the problem with your wireless because your Wireless adapter might still be holding on to the WPA2 wireless information.
Last edited by XHunter on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:57 pm

OOO... now that's helpful. Thanks I never thought that IP Cache has to do with this. I'm going to give it a try maybe in a hour or so. I'm opening Black Ace!!! It's too tempting!!!

EDIT: Yeah, I tried... didn't work. Don't fret about it X, I am okay with switching around my security. Thanks for the help. In case you are wondering, this is what happened. I connected my desktop to the wireless internet (WPA2) > went to the command thing > ipconfig/release > successful > disconnected the wireless internet from my desktop > change the setting on the main computer to WEP > reconnected my desktop to the new wireless internet (WEP) > unsuccessful and it said "Validating identity," and "Windows was unabale to find a certificare to log you on to the network Hamster (my network name)." That's it... idk what happened... Thanks.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Return to General Chat