[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - NEW COMPUTER!! But which one too choose...
Your general average generic Chit Chat cafe. Talk about everyday issues, of the strange thing that happened when you stepped in the funny looking door.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

NEW COMPUTER!! But which one too choose...

NEW COMPUTER!! But which one too choose...

Postby Daisy_Dyme » Fri May 23, 2008 5:33 pm

[/color]
[/color]
Daisy_Dyme
Pink Fox
Pink Fox

Postby XHunter » Fri May 23, 2008 7:43 pm

XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Daisy_Dyme » Sat May 24, 2008 9:19 am

[/color]
[/color]
Daisy_Dyme
Pink Fox
Pink Fox

Postby Lexica-chan » Sat May 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Well, the obvious answer is "well, one begins with an A, one begins with an I....", but that doesn't help you so much. ;)

Both have very similar instruction sets, so that's the main reason that programs can run on both without really that much headache (by 'instruction sets', I mean that the bytes that define an executable program... the bytes need to be translated into instructions, and that translation is done by the processor).

There is a catch though... the two aren't ~entirely~ the same. I think most of the differences in operation lie in some secondary operations (I don't remember the details, but I did look it up once).

I've actually run into a more tangible difference, a few years ago, with an AMD processor. At the time, my uni desktop computer was an AMD K6-2 233MHz computer, which we got for a discount. All seemed OK, but here's the quirk: there was an instruction missing which was used by XviD for decoding the video. Whenever I tried to play an XviD video in VirtualDub, for example, it would crash. Really weird. :( After that first semester with that computer, got myself the desktop computer that I'm using now. :)
"In the beginning there was darkness and void. And then
The Encoder said 'BlankClip(color=$FFFFFF)' and there was
light. The Encoder looked upon the light and saw that it
was good, for it was RGB32."

(although there has been some debate over the Encoder's
choice of container, since Life doesn't support any form
of rewinding.)

--The Darkhold Accord
Lexica-chan
Da Mermaid
Da Mermaid

Postby XHunter » Sat May 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Ranked: 108
Samples: 8
Average CPU Speed: 1799 Hmz

Ranked: 114
Samples: 89
Average CPU Speed: 2223 Hmz

From the spec and benchmarking differences shown on http://www.cpubenchmark.net/, I would have to say that the Intel Pentium Dual E2160 1.80GHz is a better chipset to go with.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Daisy_Dyme » Sat May 24, 2008 3:24 pm

I checked that site and Intel was ranked in the top 10. I'm using one now and I never had problems with it.
So I gues my choice has been made, thanks for the info. ^.^

Unless... someone else has something too add?
[/color]
[/color]
Daisy_Dyme
Pink Fox
Pink Fox

Postby XHunter » Sat May 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Well I like AMD CPUs, but recently AMD has dropped the ball by trying to get the GPU and the CPU in one thing allowing Intel to get ahead of them. But yeah, that CPU looks like it will be good.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby SILVEI2 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 pm

This sig was sponsored by Greiga Master and Sailor Silphymon**NewEdge Production**
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Postby Daisy_Dyme » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:45 am

[/color]
[/color]
Daisy_Dyme
Pink Fox
Pink Fox

Postby SILVEI2 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:31 pm

This sig was sponsored by Greiga Master and Sailor Silphymon**NewEdge Production**
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Return to General Chat