[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Review: Limited Edition Mega Man® 3DS Case
News that Covers Games, Anime, AMVs and More

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Review: Limited Edition Mega Man® 3DS Case

Review: Limited Edition Mega Man® 3DS Case

Postby XHunter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:13 pm

So apparently Capcom was selling a Limited Edition 3DS Mega Man Case at Comic-Con this year and only 200 of these cases were made. They recently put them up for sale on the for $15.95 + S/H. I managed to grab one of them before they sold out for my 3DS and the package just arrived. So with that being said, lets start this review.

So this is what you get in your package. Before I go on, I am going to discuss what is shown in the picture above. On the top cover of the 3DS crystal protection case is a holographic image of Mega Man X and Knight Man. No you do not need to go out and get your eyes examined, the top cover features Mega Man X and Knight Man. Now to the most important question I have seen several people ask when talking about this case, can you change picture? From what I can tell, . If you use this, you are forever stuck with Mega Man X and Knight Man unless you modify it in some way. With that out of the way, let us continue the review.

On the bottom cover of the 3DS crystal protection case is the Comic-Con logo along with a production number, in this case mine is 72/200. As one would expect, there are openings in the case so that you can still access your stylus, SD card, volume, WiFi, etc...

Another thing that has to be considered is the the fact that if you use this case you will no longer be able to use the 3DS charge station to recharge your 3DS. I don't know about you, but I actually like not having to worry about if the wire to charge my 3DS has fallen behind me desk, or shelf. The charge station makes it quick and easy to gain access to your 3DS as well as quickly get it back to charging.

So what is my verdict? Well it really depends on the person. If you don't mind having Mega Man X and Knight Man as your display cover and not being able to use the 3DS charge station, then this is probably just what you need to protect your 3DS. You would have to check Ebay or Amazon for someone selling it since the Capcom Store is sold old and only 200 were made. But what if you don't like the Mega Man X and Knight Man cover or the fact that you would be unable to use your 3DS charge station? Well then you would be like me who won't be using it but will instead have it live in its original box where it will never see the light of day again amongst my other Mega Man collectors items.

I was actually really disappointed with this case. If you remember, I reviewed the which was an outstanding case considering it not only allowed you to change the display art cover on your case, but it also added in a storage unit on the bottom of the case for three additional games. the 3DS version though falls short of amazing. You are unable to change out the artwork on the cover and I don't see why they did not just add in a storage unit into this model since the design already blocks people from using the 3DS charge station. Overall, I was disappointed.

Check out the full .

Edit: It looks like you could "RIP" off the top faceplate cover with Mega Man X and Knight Man and replace it with something else. But at the same time it doesn't appear to be something you are "suppose" to be able to just normally do without breaking it or modifying it. And since I want to keep mine in mint condition, I don't plan on ruining it just to change the cover.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Re: Review: Limited Edition Mega Man® 3DS Case

Postby Reiko » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:33 pm

X and ........ knightman? XD Who the **** made this?

Cool stuff nonetheless, but seriously, why randomly put knightman there? I'm sure the one who came up with this never played Megaman and only took 2 random pictures XD

I wish I had it tho, good get XHunter
Reiko
14th Rebelled Angel
14th Rebelled Angel

Return to RM AMV Station News