[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Mega Man's Lineage!
News that Covers Games, Anime, AMVs and More

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Mega Man's Lineage!

Mega Man's Lineage!

Postby XHunter » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Have you ever been curious about just where the idea and inspiration for Mega Man came from? Well screwattack's very own "Game OverThinker" tries to gather as much information and explain just where the inspiration for our blue bomber came from. Check out the

News Credit: ,
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Re: Mega Man's Lineage!

Postby MegaTuga » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:23 pm

The ending made me laugh. XD
Okay where to start...

I was alredy aware of Astro Boy infuence but not before I meet the Megaman.exe anime, so you can tell that around these parts, these kind of stuff isn't known. And even before I knew Megaman, I saw alredy two movies based on Asimov's books "Biocentenal man" and "A.I.". Only recently I was able to see "I Robot", and I became a fan of robotics.

Of course always before that I knew stuff like "Power Rangers" and the MegaZords, or "Voltron", and these are just examples, but I was too young to actually understand it. Only when I saw "Transformers", is when I got aware of those were robots, not real people with armours.

And back to Astro Boy, I never consirered him as influence and now I see I was wrong. Becasue the anime I saw seemed very recent to a game made more than 20 years ago. (Yes, at that time I didn't even knew what manga was). Coicindences? Yes I saw those, but for some reason I ncan't explain I still don't consider one as inspiration to another.
MegaTuga
You Got, a Broken Bike!
You Got, a Broken Bike!

Return to RM AMV Station News