[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - EXE OSS Tribute: Silvershard's Story
News that Covers Games, Anime, AMVs and More

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

EXE OSS Tribute: Silvershard's Story

EXE OSS Tribute: Silvershard's Story

Postby XHunter » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Where It All Started
A Tribute to the Rockman EXE Series

One of my most memorable experiences is when I first got completely addicted to MegaMan. It all started in the late summer of 2003, my family didn’t have any cable (not to mention I was only 11) so I only watched shows on PBS. One afternoon, near the end of June, I started flipping through the few channels we had; I stopped on channel 3 (Kids' WB). I saw the popular show MegaMan NT Warrior I fell in love with the show immediately! I watched it all the way until they took it off the air that fall.

I had wondered what happened to my new show and almost saw it as a dream. Until, I went on a trip to Kings Dominion with my friend Daniel, who is the son of my music minister. In his van I recognized that blue NetNavi instantly! He told me the game was called MegaMan Battle Network 3 Blue. A few days later, I finally found White at Target and started playing the game in a heartbeat. My little brother saw the game and got the sequel version to it MegaMan Battle Network 3 Blue. As a gift Daniel's dad bought me a season pass to Kings Dominion, and this was perfect for us because it meant that every week there would be 2 1/2 hours of nonstop netbattling back and forth.

I still remember the N1 GrandPrix, KingMan was a pain in my butt! I just couldn’t land a hit on him. Daniel showed me a strategy using pawns and areasteals that saved me a lot of headaches later in life. Well after the recorded 99:99 of pain-staking gaming (I hunted for everything) I was wondering how long it would take me to get to Alpha and stop the WWW.

I’ll never forget when I beat that game. It was 2:29 AM; I had made countless attempts to defeat Alpha, all failing. I decided to give it one more shot and then go to bed. I beat the first boss Bass, “So far so good.” I said to myself, and then it was time to fight Alpha. I had just earned WoodGuts Style and was bringing Alpha’s shield down really fast with the tornado charge shot. I got him down to 1000hp; I had 600hp. Alpha started doing his special attacks and I was on the defense. Suddenly, I felt a new overpowering feeling (the zone), I started going on the offence and got him to 370hp; I had less than 200hp left! I brought up my folder, begging for a Roll chip or a recovery, instead I found three wonderful battlechips: Sword Y, Widesword Y, and Longsword Y, put them in order and you get the Program Advance! I took Alpha down in one swift blow and beat the game! I started jumping around my room reenacting the battle and went back to watch the cut scene. The video at the end of the game was so sad I started to cry (Even now still I can’t help but feel sad).

During November of that year, I saw the sneak preview to MegaMan NT Warrior Axess, I got so excited I couldn’t wait to see it; and that Christmas, I got MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun (my little brother got Blue Moon). By far it is my most favorite and most hated game ever! I have spent countless hours battling my best friend, cousins, and little brother. In my opinion, this game put its previous installment to shame with the Double Soul System to this day my favorite double souls are still Double Soul Roll Soul and Double Soul Search Soul.
I still remember playing countless matches with my best friend Razor-man; every time I spent the night at his house I brought my SP and my brother’s SP along with me. We would always trade versions just to make the battles fair. But in the end he used my brothers and I used mine.
During our battles he loved using Junk Soul, and I used Search Soul. Those battles were intense! He would always put up rockcubes and then use poltergeist bring them crashing down on me. As I mentioned earlier this game is one that I love as much as I hate, well that’s because right after I got Wind Soul (the last double soul I needed) and after spending approximately 95 recorded hours (not counting the times I didn’t save or got a game over) the game bugged out and reset (this same event has also happened to me multiple times with MegaMan Battle Network 6). I hope to regain all of that lost data but I’m going to complete other MegaMan games before then.

I watched and recorded every episode of Axess that I could. But sadly I missed 5 episodes due to bad weather affecting the signal and being out of town. Time went by and I knew from the ending of Axess there was more to come but never saw it again….

In Christmas of 2005, I finally got a copy of MegaMan Battle Network 5 Team Colonel. It wasn’t the version I wanted, but it turned out to be my favorite of the two! I flew through the game with flying colors and mastered the Chaos Unison System; my favorite of them is Dark Shadow Soul. I have almost 100% completed this game and I can’t wait to do so.
I thought the liberation missions gave the game an intense feeling: hoping the enemy doesn’t logout a navi on your team or hoping to beat your enemy before time runs out gave the game a fast paced feeling. Of course, I finally got MegaMan Battle Network 5 Team Protoman and I use both when my friends/cousins come to visit.

The moment MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar came out I had it in my hands before you knew it, and of course you can guess that my little brother followed in my footsteps and bought MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar. I liked how CAPCOM added new characters and brought back Barrel and Chaud (Awesome entry man!). The beast-out system was a lot of fun too, but I still wish there was something more put into that; like a double beast-out or something. Also, as I try and complete the game 100%, I have discovered that this is impossible unless you cheat. The more I played the more obvious it was that the US version had a lot missing parts compared to the original. And out of all the endings, I find this one to be the most depressing; because it pretty much wraps up the series for good and sets the stage for MegaMan Star Force.

As a hardcore fan of EXE and refusing to give up, over the years I have scoured the internet for subbed episodes of the anime and bought every game that reached US shores. I made my own website dedicated to EXE in hopes to find someone who is as big a fan as I am.

During my search for music and episodes of the show I came across the Rockman Music Video Station. At first I didn’t give the place a second thought, but after looking at the place I realized that I had found the very people who shared my feelings for MegaMan. The people there were so nice and helpful in teaching me the basics of making AMVs and other interesting things. I always enjoy chatting with everyone there and discussing anime with them.

Some might say the release of Rockman EXE OSS brought back their memories of the series, but for me…they never left. So here’s to you CAPCOM and everyone who had a hand in the creation of this great series. And I’d also like to give a big shout-out to all those fans who would not be silent and demanded more, without you guys this game would not be here.
When I look back at MegaMan I can’t help but smile, I might even escape reality and return to the year 20XX to relive those moments or make some new ones. What the future holds for EXE I don’t know; what I do know is this: MegaMan EXE will always remain in my memory. And I still am and always will be fighting back against cyber evil!

--JACK IN! SILVERSHARD! TRANSMISSION!—
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Return to RM AMV Station News