[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Mega Man 9 possibility in the works?
News that Covers Games, Anime, AMVs and More

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Mega Man 9 possibility in the works?

Mega Man 9 possibility in the works?

Postby XHunter » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:23 pm

For the past few weeks, there have been rumors flying around about a "Mega Man 9" game being worked on. I've thrown these rumors out the door because simply, they are rumors and have no solid evidence to stand on. The "Mega Man 9" rumor has been the topic of conversation over at several Mega Man fan-sites including the itself causing a large amount of Mega Man fans to swarm out from small holes and hiding places to discuss this possible continuation of the classic series.

Now apparently as reported by several sites including and . Capcom's Australian Distributors have registered the title "Mega Man 9" with the to be used for a development of a future video game. Now this is a surprising turn off events and if true, this could possibly mean a ninth (9th) installment in the classic series. The game was listed as "Multi-Console" so hopefully that means the Wii, PS3, and 360 owners will get a chance to play this POSSIBLE ninth installment in the Rockman / Mega Man series.

Now the only thing that makes me want to doubt this piece of information is that usually the Japanese games (Rockman) are released first before the English (Mega Man) versions of the games are released. Of course there have been a few exceptions such as Mega Man X8 which was released in English before it was released in Japanese.

While I am very excited about this possible ninth installment, I am going to hold on the celebrating until something official from Capcom has been announced on this matter. Of course this could just be Capcom obtaining the right to the game title so other companies don't take it from under them. Other game companies such as Blizzard have done that with titles such as Diablo III which they recently obtained not only the copyright to the game title, but to the URL address as well.

News Credit:
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby ChaosEdge » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:38 pm

YeahI heard about this from too...and I heard it was multi-console as well but just like you XHunter I am unsure as to whether it exists or not...

It would be great if this would be confirmed...but who knows...for now I won't get my hopes just incase...But keep us informed XHunter XD.
**NewEdge Productions**
FLCL - Trickster (30%)
Upcoming: Death Note - War, Lucky Star - LSI
ChaosEdge
Devil Bringer
Devil Bringer

Postby Daisy_Dyme » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:20 pm

I'm not really into the first original Megaman games.
But since there already are 8 games, what new will this 9th one bring? Won't it just a be a copy of the previous ones?

And btw, didn't the 8th game have some an ending, so they could start the X series?
[/color]
[/color]
Daisy_Dyme
Pink Fox
Pink Fox

Postby XHunter » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Mega Man 8's ending didn't have any connections leading up to the X series. Duo saves Mega Man from the "Dark Energy" and leave Protoman a message to give to Mega Man. It ends with a image of Duo up in the sky as Mega Man looks out to a sunset.

Also, you could argue that all the Mega Man games (expect the exception of Battle Network, Star Force, and Legends which follow their own style) have the exact same play style. You beat the boss to obtain their powers which in turn is another bosses weakness. Classic, X, Zero, and ZX pretty much follow this formula.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby grandbahamut » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:57 pm

oh no not another one ;_;

sorry I had a terrible experience with 7 and 8 on my gamecube >.> *cringes from memory* aargh so many retries ;_; *eye twitchiez*

*comes back from nightmares* okay anyway... I'm not gonna play it unless it sounds REALLY GOOD because I just got over the other megaman games a few months ago

Grand Bahamut
Thanks for the Sig, Lys! =D
grandbahamut
King of Dragons
King of Dragons

Postby XHunter » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:34 pm

lol Mega Man 7 and 8 were fun and challenging games. Aside from Mega Man 8's horrible English voice acting, the game was outstanding. What do you mean by "got over" O.o?

The only thing I can see happening with Mega Man 9 "IF" they make it, is that everyone is going to think the game is horrible based on how different the game is from what we each imagined it would be. The reason why I say that is because for years now, Mega Man fans have been wanting a Mega Man 9 to bridge the story gap between the Classic Series and the X Series. So we each have our own idea on how it will end. Well obviously the game won't end how one individual wanted it to end, so there will be some people who will dislike the game because it didn't end the way they imagined it would end.

Personally, I don't care how it ends because its Keiji Inafune's story and creation, he can end the classic series how ever he wants it. I just hope the game has a decent story and awesome gameplay. Also, another thing I just thought of is that the Mega Man series doesn't have to END at Mega Man 9. They could go all the way up to Mega Man 10. The only reason I bring that up is because back in the day a lot of people thought that "X" in Mega Man X was the roman numeral X which stands for 10. This was understandable because all the other Mega Man games before it used roman numerals for the numbers in each title. (I, II, III, IV, V, VI)
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby SILVEI2 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:30 am

OH DUDE! can't wait...if they are really making another rockman for the new systems then its going to be SWEET.

i hope in the game they have a plot where the original enemy gets rebuild to take down rockman where there's a separate set of new he has to defeat
(cause i kind of wanna see the classic enemy for one last round with rock before the X series kicks in

btw i don't care about the story line how this and that happen and why...to be honest rockman series has a good plot but not as so much as a good story line to back it up
Last edited by SILVEI2 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This sig was sponsored by Greiga Master and Sailor Silphymon**NewEdge Production**
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Postby grandbahamut » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:57 am

Thanks for the Sig, Lys! =D
grandbahamut
King of Dragons
King of Dragons

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Henshin! Wing form... Kamen Rider Advent!
BTW, just call me Michael or Lan.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby SILVEI2 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:49 pm

This sig was sponsored by Greiga Master and Sailor Silphymon**NewEdge Production**
SILVEI2
LeoEdge
LeoEdge

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:46 pm

Alright, about the update... uh... i'm kinda having difficulties. The articles uses extreme Chinese characters that i have not heard of before, but i can understand the whole picture. I'm trying to translate it the best i can, so please give me one more day. Thanks!
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby Digitalism » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:55 am

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Good luck lanevoxracer
Digitalism
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Postby LanEvoXRacer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:05 am

well... im finish translating... just that, i would like to post a picture of the article and the translation together. The problem is that my photoshop is F-ed up (really pissed off you know). I want to watermark it with the name RAMV, but every time i try to type a text out, the font size is so damn small. I wet the font size to 1296 pt (the maximum i think), and yet the letters of the text is like so small that you can't even read it (CAN'T!!!)...... does anyone know what's rong? I know, you might think who would steal Chinese article, well, i just want RAMV to get some credit that's all. So please someone tell me what's rong with my photoshop. Thanks.
LanEvoXRacer
Kamen Rider Meister
Kamen Rider Meister

Postby XHunter » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:43 am

If you want RAMV to get credit, you could send me the none watermarked version and I can watermark it since my Photoshop CS3 is working just fine.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby ChaosEdge » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:34 am

Well alright!...More Info! XD

Nice find Lanevo.
**NewEdge Productions**
FLCL - Trickster (30%)
Upcoming: Death Note - War, Lucky Star - LSI
ChaosEdge
Devil Bringer
Devil Bringer