[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Mega Man X4 Videos Updated!
News that Covers Games, Anime, AMVs and More

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Mega Man X4 Videos Updated!

Mega Man X4 Videos Updated!

Postby XHunter » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 am

Well I have noticed that a few people have been having problems getting the X4 videos to play. This is most likely because the videos were encoded/compressed with the Intel Indeo Video 5.0 codec (iv50). So after thinking about it, and receiving a recent report about someone having trouble loading them. I decided to dump the uncompressed videos from my Mega Man X4 cd and then proceed to encoded/compress them with the XviD Codec. I believe the video quality has improved only slightly but the overall file size has been compressed greatly.

So that everyone knows how big of a compression the files have be given, I feel that it is necessary to show a before and after file size comparison.

- Before
File Name: Zero's Past
File Size: 81.9MB
Codec: Intel Indeo Video 5.0

- After
File Name: Zero's Past
File Size: 24.5MB
Codec: XviD

All the video files are 320 x 240. I would have had all the videos at 640 x 480 but the "Zero's Past" video kept messing up and refused to render at that resolution.

In addition to updating the X4 video files, I also added the latest version of the CCCP to the site. This can be downloaded by going to > under the left navigation menu.

[ Note ] I was thinking about re-encoding some of the other videos files just to make them smaller in size.... Maybe for some other time (Smiles)
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby ZXVanX » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:44 pm

Woot!

ZXVanX Can Now Play : X4 Vids ^.^ ! Thanks XHunter :D !
ZXVanX
Fighting Games Maniac
Fighting Games Maniac

Return to RM AMV Station News