[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Another Voting System of AMV Contest
Got an idea that might improve the place? go ahead and tell us. Don't feel shy, and speak your mind!

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Another Voting System of AMV Contest

Another Voting System of AMV Contest

Postby Lok » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:13 am

Now trusted members can vote for amv of the month and it is cool. But there are still some flaws. For those who submit their amvs at the very last moment (like my DF lol), trusted members might miss the amvs.

So I suggest using "Scoring System"
For example: there are 3 amvs submitted before 30 March, trusted member has to give score to EVERY amvs

Score given by Lok:
AMV1 - 8/10
AMV2 - 9/10
AMV3 - 6/10

At 31 March, there is a guy submit his amv, so Lok has to edit his post and give score to the amv:

Score given by Lok:
AMV1 - 8/10
AMV2 - 9/10
AMV3 - 6/10
AMV4 - 8/10

To decide who is the winner, Judge(XHunter) has to sum all the score of every amvs and the highest scored amv wins!

For those trusted member who didn't give score to every amv, the score given by them are not counted. For Example:

Score given by Lok2:
AMV1 - 9/10
AMV2 - 9/10
AMV3 - 6.5/10

Lok2 didn't give score to AMV4, so all of his score is not counted.

This voting system is more convenient, fair and better imo.

DO NOT TOUCH MY Yuki Nagato and Tamaki Kawazoe
Lok
Forte's Cloak

Postby AGF-Antoine » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:48 am

I was also thinking about this, and I thought of a possible solution. Which would be a 3 week enter period followed by a 1 week voting period. This would give people 1 week less for entering but it would indeed be more fair. And for people saying I need at least 4 weeks for an AMV this also isn't a problem since if they wanna enter an AMV in lets say the March contest they can work during the February judgement week and the first 3 weeks from March.

If other people also have suggestions etc then please post them also 8)

AGF-Antoine
AGF-Antoine
AnimeGirls Fan
AnimeGirls Fan

Postby matt13346 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:52 am

I just think that, the judges (trusted members and etc) should watch each amv carefully and such, then just simply say which amv they want to vote for. I like the idea of giving each individual amv a score, and if a late entry does come in, you can just edit your post, which after, you give the new amv a numbered score (Loks Idea)

Then again, both ideas (mine and Loks) would work better if AGF's idea was takin into affect. I like the whole 4week preperation (1 week prior to the month and 3 weeks during the month) idea then the 1 week judging period. Which is a big convience for the amv maker and the judges.

But to rap things up, I simply believe that just stating the amv you want to win will be sufficient enough. I think this because if you gave the amv a numbered score, then the one who chooses the winner (Xhunter I believe) would have to add up all the scores for each individual amv, while if you just choose which amv you want to win (No number score) Xhunter will just have to tally up the results.

Example:
Matt13346 - Rockman's Dream = 5votes
Xhunter - Bodies = 10votes

Well hopefully i explained my P.O.V. well. Thats what i think the voting should be anyway...I call it...the MAC system (lol jk)
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/matt13346/308-2.gif[/img]
**NewEdge Productions** SheMusic Collab (?%) // Princess Tutu - Reaturn to Heart Station (20% Complete)
matt13346
LunarEdge
LunarEdge

Postby XHunter » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:35 am

Well I like the current voting system. Also since I can't MAKE people vote, its up to your guys to check back in on the last day to see whose entered into the contest. Thats going to be something that you guys have to take interest in, and not me.

also some may find it hard to give each amv a rating and much easier to simply say "I liked this one".
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Return to Site Suggestions