[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Busy or away??
Got an idea that might improve the place? go ahead and tell us. Don't feel shy, and speak your mind!

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Busy or away??

Busy or away??

Postby ZeroTheSaint » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:06 am

Now this is most likely a suggestion that can be used for future reference but if there is ever a specific chatbox that can be used while still navigating through the site and you can talk to everyone that replies to you as you go in and out of topics and such without having to go to another page entirely to talk...but it may be helpful for when that day comes that we can put an "Away" or "Busy" sign of the sort so you know if your friends are up to something for the time and can't really talk or they just wanna stay on while they go off to do something real quick and be able to come back without having a message box crammed with messages. But like I said before, this idea can be used for future reference. There may have been posts like this before me, if so, i'm sorry if this topic is kind of pestering. Just thought i'd throw an idea out there. :)
ZeroTheSaint
Ware wa meshia nari!!!
Ware wa meshia nari!!!

Re: Busy or away??

Postby XHunter » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:08 am

The idea of a "Chat Box" isn't new, but I've never thought of adding in a mod for your current status. I'm sure if I look hard enough I can find something. Anyway, its a nice idea for me to think about :P

Edit: This is a demo of a chat/shoutbox I could possible use.
http://startrekguide.com/community/chat.php
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby ZeroTheSaint » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:11 am

Most forums and popular websites get their hands on chatboxes and add all sorts of nice mods and tricks to them. I just thought it'd be a helpful idea in case life has its calling for a moment and a person can have the time to take care of whatever it is. I'm not huge on computer programming or networking but I always pay attention to what most forums and websites have in common, the things people usually want in their everyday online community. I'm glad I could give you that new mod idea though. ^.^ And i'll be making sure that if I get anymore ideas i'll be here to "shout" them out.
ZeroTheSaint
Ware wa meshia nari!!!
Ware wa meshia nari!!!

Postby ZeroTheSaint » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:28 am

I just had another idea to tack onto this one. Along with the whole status idea maybe we could also add a small text box saying what the person may be doing so community members might be able to guess how long a person may be gone or if someone might want to make a small comment on the person's status like...say someone says that they are going to like a birthday party and a friend could just be like "Oh cool, have fun at the party!". Something like that maybe.

Just another possible idea to add to this one.
ZeroTheSaint
Ware wa meshia nari!!!
Ware wa meshia nari!!!

Postby shawntails » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:36 am

Yeah I support that because we talk alot to each other but only in messeges and I cannot have msn because of my stupid instl.pgr. Also it would kinda easier to have net battle and easier to contact each other.
* ShawnTails.exe sitting in the Battle Dome*

ImageImage

Bass Win!

Hurray : D
shawntails
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Return to Site Suggestions