[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Rockman ZW
Care to share your written art? then go on and post your fics, short stories, Poems, and everything in words.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Rockman ZW

Postby Weapon of Light » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:40 pm

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:44 pm

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:49 pm

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:54 pm

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:57 pm

Rockman ZW: The Dark Ages
Chapter 34: Black Rockman

Khan moves out of the way of Alister’s attack, but soon finds him attacking him from behind. Khan thrusts his elbow into Alister’s stomach, and causes him to fly back. Alister sends a shockwave towards Khan, who slashes towards it to deflect it. Alister jumps up to dodge, as Khan rushes forward to pin him against the ceiling. He presses hard against him which causes the ceiling to crumble behind him.

“Just think of it Alister… when I kill you, I’m going to kill your friends. And the entire city that you’re hiding from me! Oh it’s going to be so nice to finally get the Tera Resistance off my back!” Khan taunts him.

“You’re so full of yourself!” Alister shouts before pushing back. He frees himself from Khan’s might, before turning around to slash Khan in the back.

“Now you attack me from behind? Coward!” Khan shouts while slashing towards Alister.

“You who destroys all that is good, dare to call me a coward?!” Alister argues as they clash with each other in mid air.

They break each others weapon as they land on a cliff opposite of each other. Both of them regenerate their weapon at the same time. Both of them starring each other down. They leap towards each other again, this time staying a distance. They begin to slash which sends shockwave after shockwave towards each other. Both of them dodging the others attacks.

“If I was at full power… you would not be rivaling me right now!” Khan shouts as he lands on the cliff behind him.

“Don’t make excuses! When you lose it will be because the power of light overcomes all darkness!” Alister returns, angering Khan. Suddenly there is a dark aura around his body. Alister takes notice and produces an aura of light around his body.

“I see you’ve learned how to control your powers… again I am impressed with you Alister. It’s a shame that you will not join me.” Khan says while his scythe glows. He leaps towards Alister who instantly transforms into Model ZG and fires at Khan. The blast connects with Khan, and forces him back to his cliff.

“Sit down!” Alister yells.

“How dare you!!” Khan returns.

“Shut up! You don’t need to talk anymore Khan! I will kill you and make sure that the future is safe from your evil!” Alister tells him before his arm slashers extend. Khan just laughs at this, confusing Alister a bit.

“You think you can kill me? Even if you do, I will come back stronger than before! Nothing on this planet can stop me! You’re fighting a losing battle my friend! I am immortal! I am a god!” Khan returns. Alister thinks about it for a moment. He lowers his arms to his sides while closing his eyes. Khan is curious as to what Alister is doing.

“What should I do Zerowing? If what he says is true… what I am doing right now is for nothing…” Alister thinks.

“The fight against evil is never for nothing. Where there is evil, there will always be light. You have to embrace the light to destroy the darkness. That is the only answer I can give you Alister… you are the eternal light that destroys all evil…” Model ZW replies.

Suddenly Alister knows what to do. He knows how to defeat Khan forever. While Alister is thinking, Khan takes the moment and leaps forward. As he goes to attack Alister there is a sudden light that clashes with Khan. He can see Alister holding back his attack with his right arm slasher.

He’s starring Khan right in the face, before pushing him backwards. Khan hovers in the air as Alister lets out a scream. There is a massive amount of light around Alister now. The aura is so powerful that it melts the rock underneath him. He hovers in the air in front of Khan who is shocked by this.

“So this is the power that you displayed in my tower? Hmph… I’m not impressed anymore.” Khan tells him with an evil smile.

“I’m not interested in what impresses you. Nor am I interested in your crappy speeches about how the world should bow to you! Enjoy your last moment on this planet Khan… This is the power of Model O!!” Alister tells him.

“How do you expect to defeat me, and keep me down?” questions Khan.

“I am… no… We are the eternal light, that will destroy all evil! That means you Khan!!” Alister yells while rushing forward.

He creates a sonic boom as he tackles Khan. He disappears then does the same from behind. Khan turns to counter but Alister slashes at his scythe, and instantly cuts it in half. It falls down into the pool of lava below. Alister then grabs Khan with his left hand, and uses his right arm to slash into Khan’s chest. Khan lets out a cry of pain as Alister sticks his slasher deep into Khan’s chest.

“What… are you trying to do?” Khan asks while coughing up blood.

Alister is silent as he jabs his other arm slasher into Khan’s chest as well. Suddenly the aura around Alister disappears. His arm slashers begin to glow with the power of the aura, which suddenly surrounds them both. Khan looks around as Alister pulls the slashers out of his chest. Khan attempts to heal, but for some reason can’t.

“What… is going on?!” asks a terrified Khan. Alister begins glow as they light gets brighter around them.

“I’ve used… all of my power… I have destroyed your Live Metal… just die Khan… just DIE!!” Alister yells before using the last of his might to power his next attack.

He moves his arms to the side as his slashers glow. They grow larger as he swings towards Khan, who was silent. His attack completely destroys Khan’s body. There is nothing left as the light around Alister gets larger and larger.

“Now… Model ZW!” Alister screams in pain as if the light around him exploded. Outside, Aile and Sara are attempting to get back inside as the light surrounds them.

“What is this…?” asks Sara as she can feel warmth suddenly.

“Is this…?” Aile starts before realizing what was going on. “No! Alister!!” she quickly adds before blasting through the rock.

The light continues throughout the entire planet, before Alister falls to the ground. He losses his form as Model ZW falls next to him, cracked, and falling apart. Alister’s entire body is glowing now, he rolls over to his back, before closing his eyes.

“Well… Model ZW… our job is done. I only hope that the future for this world is a bright one…” Alister tells Model ZW.

“It will be… and I… must thank you Alister.” Model ZW replies.

“What for…?” asks Alister as he turns to look at Model ZW.

“For giving me… the death of a Guardian.” Model ZW replies. Alister smiles as he closes his eyes again. He can see Angeline standing over him, smiling at him.

“Angeline…” Alister thinks before his body begins to disappear.

His fragments twirl around his body before there is nothing left. Model ZW simply loses its color, as Aile and Sara come rushing in. They notice the fragments in the air before looking down at Model ZW. Sara picks it up as they look around for Alister. Sadly, nothing could be found…

“It was one year since Alister was lost to us. The light that first surrounded us surrounded the entire world, instantly rebuilding the damages to Tera. The people of Tera were able to live in peace once again. Most of them do not know of what happened, or how the planet was saved from Khan and his evil ways. As peace swept across the planet, we were able to once again breath the air above ground. The people of our city never forgot what Alister had done for them. We searched for Alister in hopes that he would still be alive… but we couldn’t find him. Alister gave his life to protect everyone he cared for… just like his father before him. We had a statue built for Alister, with him standing strong. Behind him was Black Rockman, with his back to Alister. We placed Model ZW above the plate with words from Alister. I am the eternal light, that destroys all evil… I gave birth to a baby boy. Blake and I are very happy. We named him Alister… in honor of the one who saved Tera. His story will be told to the generations to come. So that they will never forget… As of what happened after that… it is not my place to tell…” Aile tells her son as she closes a book with pictures of the past. Her son has brown hair about the same length of Blake’s. He has Aile’s eyes. He wears a grey shirt with blue pants.

“So that’s where I got my name?” asks Alister as she stands to her feet.

“Yes son… you’re now sixteen, so I thought I should tell you his story.” she replies.

“I had no idea…” he says before there is an explosion outside. He looks out of the window to see that it is another group of Mavericks.

“Go on Alister. You have things to take care of.” she tells him before opening the door. He runs outside before standing in front of the group of Mavericks.

“It’s just a boy! Kill him!” they shout. Alister reaches into his pocket before taking out a Live Metal.

“Rock on!” he shouts before transforming into the next Black Rockman.

End of Rockman ZW Part 2

Well that's it. I hope everyone has enjoyed my Rockman fanfic, because I really enjoyed writing it. Look for more fanfics from me sometime in the future. But I cannot promise it will be Rockman centered...

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!!

I mean... Thanks for reading!

PS: If you are reading this, then you've probably read the last chapter of my story. With that being the case... COMMENT!! It would upset me a LOT if people did not comment on my entire story!!

EDIT: Rockman ZW: Genesis will be posted when finished.
Last edited by Weapon of Light on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby GunnerEXE » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:21 am

Who The Hell Do you Think I am!!!
GunnerEXE
Valiant Fighter of Peace
Valiant Fighter of Peace

Postby GeneralCreeper » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:05 pm

CAN YOU DIG IT?
GeneralCreeper
Mettool Ranger
Mettool Ranger

Postby Weapon of Light » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:33 am

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:26 am

Rockman ZW: Genesis
Chapter 36: The Path

“Alister… Alister… it’s time to wake up now Alister. You will be late for school…” a voice echoes through Alister’s head as he sits up.

He looks around for the one speaking but can not find anyone, but for some reason he felt comfort in the unknown voice. He shakes it off upon realizing what had happened the night before. He jumps to his feet before opening the door to his room. He finds Manabu still lying in his bed with his eyes open. As Alister walks closer Manabu sits up.

“You took a pretty good beating last night.” Alister starts while standing at the end of the bed.

“That was not the first time… I doubt it will be the last.” Manabu scoffs.

“I guess this city has a crooked system?” asks Alister.

“You could say that. The leader of City Four Smith Jysler, is not the most trust worthy of leaders.” Manabu replies.

“So because you help others in need the City Guard stay on patrol for people like you?” Alister continues.

“In a way… yes. Since the poor drifters do not work, they require less funds to take care of. So when someone like me tries to give them more food to get by with, Smith gets angry. Like I said… this was not the first time something like this has happened.” Manabu says before looking up at Alister. “It is the first time I was saved by a person in a costume however.” he adds.

“Oh… well about that… I’m new to it too… I’ve never done that before.” Alister tells him with a stressed look on his face.

“Then how did you know all of those moves? You knew how to react at the right moment.” says Manabu.

“That’s the strange thing about it… I have no idea how I did all of that. I’ve never done anything like that before… but it was like it came natural to me. I can’t explain it honestly.” said Alister while leaning against the wall. Manabu gives him an odd look before starting to get out of bed. He holds his side due to all of the bruises but continues to put his shirt on.

“Thank you for your help Alister. I have troubled you enough… so I shall be on my way.” Manabu speaks before grabbing his katana blade. He then walks out of Alister’s room while heading towards the back door.

“Hey.” Alister calls to him as Manabu stops.

“What is it?” asks Manabu while turning his head.

“Are you sure you want to go out like that? What if the City Guard try to come back and finish what they started?” questions Alister before Manabu scoffs again.

“They caught me off guard last night, nothing more. I can assure you it will not happen again.” he replies before walking out of the door. Alister scratches the back of his head while having another stressed look on his face.

“Alister.” a voice calls to him.

“Who said that?” Alister asks while looking around. He finally locks his eyes on Model ZW which is on the table next to the door.

“I called your name.” Model ZW replies as Alister bends over to look at it.

“Oh yeah… I forgot you could talk. Am I going crazy here?” Alister asks while looking around for a gas leak.

“Not at all. You can hear me because I am a part of you, as you are a part of me. It is a bond that we share which allows us to communicate with each other. Just like others before, you are forever stored in my memory.” Model ZW tells him.

“Right… so tell me… how did I know how to do all of that stuff last night? Did you act through me?” questions Alister.

“In a way… yes. There is much more you will learn as time goes by. When and how you use that power is completely up to you Alister. I know you can do it.” Model ZW replies to him.

“How do you know I can do it? What if you’ve made the wrong choice?” Alister continues to question.

“I have been through many battles… only one person has been able to harness my powers.” Model ZW answers him.

“Who is the other person?” Alister asks him as Model ZW did not reply that time. It stayed silent as the front door is being knocked on. Alister goes to open the door as someone from the City Guard stands there.

“Hello sir. The City Guard is looking for a thief at the moment and we were hoping some of the citizens have seen him… have you seen this person?” he asks while holding up a picture of Manabu. Alister looks at it closely before looking at the officer again.

“I’ve never seen him before. To be honest this is my second day here at City Four.” Alister replies.

“Thank you for your time sir.” the officer says before walking to the next house. As Alister closes the door another officer walks past muttering to himself. Alister keeps the door open to listen in.

“As soon as we find that little thief he’s a dead man.” the officer mutters. Alister then closes the door and walks to his room to sit down on his bed.

“This is bad… if they find Manabu… he’s going to be in serious trouble. He may be quick on his feet but they have firearms, not to mention they out number him five to one.” he thinks to himself.

“Never underestimate a cornered animal.” Model ZW suddenly speaks up causing Alister to jump a bit.

“Great… you can hear my thoughts too… this should be a fun relationship.” Alister says out loud before leaving his room. He grabs Model ZW and places it in his right pocket. He is getting hungry at that point so he leaves his house in search of food. He looks up at the sky watching the dark clouds float by. While walking down the street a food stand has a banner above it that reads

“Drifters eat FREE on their first week!” Enjoying free food he sits down at one of the three seats. The girl in charge of the stand turns around to look at Alister.

“You’re new here right?” she asks him as he looks at her. She has long red hair that is in a ponytail. She has blue eyes and is wearing a white t-shirt and blue jean pants.

“Yes ma’am.” he replies.

“Please don’t call me ma’am. I’m only eighteen. For your free food you have a choice of a hamburger or steak. Both of those choices come with fries.” she tells him with a slight chuckle.

“Give me the steak please. My name is Alister.” he says while she prepares his food. She puts the steak on the grill before extending her hand to him.

“My name is Susan.” she greets while seasoning his steak. She then puts the fries in the deep fryer.

“Tell me… has the sky always looked like this?” Alister asks her while looking at the clouds.

“As far back as I can recall… yes. The sky has always looked like this.” she replies while flipping the steak over.

“Has it ever seemed… off to you? Like this entire world is not correct?” he asks her.

She pulls the fries out of the deep fryer and places them on a plate in front of him. She then pulls another plate out from underneath the counter. It already has food on top of it. Chicken fried steak with gravy and potatoes. She places his steak on the first plate then leaves the back of the stand. She then sits down next to Alister and starts to eat.

“What are you waiting for? I have to eat too you know!” she tells him while pointing to his food.

“Sorry…” he replies before digging in.

“So how long have you been here?” she asks him while taking a drink. She then realizes that she forgot his drink. She stands up and reaches behind the counter to grab him a bottle of water.

“This would be my second day.” he replies while enjoying the food. Susan looks him over before putting her glass down.

“Listen… I’m going to tell you something. You need to listen to what I say and never forget it.” she says while Alister takes a drink.

“Alright… what is it?” he asks her.

“Don’t ask too many questions to people you don’t know. I have seen many Drifters before you who have asked the same questions you have today. After their first week here they are brought before the one in charge of the city, which would be Smith Jysler. If you ask too many questions he will erase you. I never see those Drifters with questions ever again.” she warns him.

“Why are you telling me this? Won’t you get in trouble?” he asks her.

“I’m telling you this because I think you’re kinda cute. Besides… I never get caught.” she replies before finishing her food. Alister couldn’t find the words to reply with so he just stayed silent. Minutes later he finishes his food and stands up getting ready to leave.

“Thank you for the food. It was really good.” he tells her.

“I’m sure you’ll be back before the week is up. I’ll see you around Alister.” she says while cleaning up the stand. Alister begins to walk off before he spots something in the distance. Two kids watching him from the alleys. He walks over to them while they go into hiding.

“Is there something I can help you two with?” he calls to them as Susan takes notice. The two kids come out of the shadows to look at Alister.

“We were just watching you eat mister… we were hungry… that’s all.” one tells him. Susan soon walks up with a bag full of food for them.

“Thank you ma’am!” the other shouts in joy as they run off while eating.

“Those two come around often. They know I will give them free food.” she tells Alister before walking back to her stand.

“Won’t you get in trouble for doing something like that?” he asks her.

“This is my food stand. I may use the food materials provided by the city but I can also use them how I want. I will not sit by and watch children go hungry because of some stupid leader.” she replies.

“Just like Manabu…” Alister mutters which catches her attention.

“What did you say!? How do you know Manabu!?” she questions as he sits down again.

“All I will say is I helped him out of a mess with the City Guard last night. They were beating him to death.” Alister tells her. Interesting her, she sits down behind the counter.

“How did you help him? The City Guard is a strong force!” she says with interest in her eyes.

“Do not reveal your secret to her. It can cause problems for her as well as you.” Model ZW tells Alister.

“I just caused a distraction while he ran back to my house. He stayed there for the night and left this morning.” Alister tells her after hearing Model ZW’s words. “How do you know him?” asks Alister.

“I guess you can call him a friend of mine. He really only shows up when he needs food.” Susan tells him. They talk for awhile as time goes by without them taking notice. Most of the time they talk about Manabu, and his actions. Alister finds himself enjoying Susan’s company a lot. Before he could realize it, it was dark outside. He had spent the entire day with Susan at her food stand.

“Wow, I really need to go home now I guess. Thank you for wasting your time with me today.” he says before standing up and stretching.

“Not at all. It’s rare that I get to talk with someone like this, I enjoyed it Alister. Have a good nights rest.” Susan says before closing the shop down.

She walks away at the same time Alister does. He is about to enter his house when he can hear noises behind his house again. He sneaks around the side only to see Manabu being teamed up on again. Manabu seems to get free of their attacks, and runs towards Alister. Not knowing he is there, he crashes into him head first, knocking them both down on the ground. The City Guard rush to them only to see Alister rubbing his head. The Captain from the night before walks up.

“I remember you! You tried to help this guy last night!” he says before picking Alister up.

“Yeah! Because you guys were beating him to death!” Alister shouts as the Captain throws him in the middle of the group of officers.

“Since you tried to help him that means you are with him. You will be killed along with him.” the Captain tells him before taking aim with his rifle.

“You should have just stayed out of this Alister… now you will die because of my lack of skill.” Manabu says while looking around. The two of them get back to back as they ready themselves.

“Kill them!” the Captain shouts as the shots fire.

The two of them close their eyes as nothing happens. They open their eyes to see that all of the guards including the Captain have been killed. They look around to see who had done this. They look up above Alister’s house to see a figure with armor standing there. His red cape flips in the wind as he watches them. His armor is a green and yellow color with red on his shoulders. He has a face mask with those same colors in a swirl fashion. There is green on the top part of the mask, while red is below his nose area. It covers his entire head as well. His green eyes glow before disappearing into the darkness.

“I have no idea on what just happened… but I’m glad your safe.” speaks Alister while looking around.

“That is twice you have come to my rescue. You are an honorable person Alister. I did not thank you for your help last night. My full name is Manabu Kaze, I am forever at your service.” he tells Alister.

“Service? What?” asks a confused Alister.

“I believe in honor with all of my heart. You are an honorable person. For that, I will help you in any way possible.” he replies as more City Guard suddenly appear.

“They killed the Captain! Kill them! Put out the word!” the new Captain shouts to the others.

“Come! It is no longer safe here!” Manabu exclaims as they run from the City Guard. The bullets fly past their heads while they run for cover.

“What should we do!?” asks Alister.

“You’re the one with the odd powers! You tell me!” Manabu replies while ducking back to avoid a bullet.

“Trust in your friend Alister, he will get you through this.” Model ZW tells him. Alister stays quiet while the City Guard gets closer to their position. As one turns the corner Manabu leaps forward while slashing wildly with his katana. The officer loses his arm as Alister and Manabu run off towards the city wall.

“The only problem is getting through this massive wall!” Manabu says as they can hear the officers getting closer.

“Now Alister!” Model ZW shouts.

“Rock on!” Alister suddenly shouts as he transforms. He attacks the wall with his arm slashers which cuts them a hole big enough for them to fit through. They run off into the darkness of the night and escape the City Guard. Hours later they realize it is safe to go to sleep. Alister returns to normal soon after.

“We can’t return to the city now. Our faces will already be posted all over the city by tomorrow. We’re killers now, even if we did not do it.” Manabu tells him while wiping the blood off of his blade.

He then puts it back in his sheath. Suddenly there is a light shining around them. They look up to the sky to see that the moons light is shining through the clouds, it soon disappears as quickly as it came. They find a small cave to hide inside for the night. They begin to fall asleep soon after.

“You have a gift Alister… you are the light in this dark world. You will use your light to bring those around you…” Model ZW tells Alister before he falls asleep.

End of Chapter 36
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:27 am

Chapter 37: The Desert

“Alister… Alister…” a voice calls to Alister while he opens his eyes.

He looks around the cave only to find Manabu watching the area. Alister scratches the back of his head before yawning as Manabu takes notice of him waking. While Alister rubs his eyes back and forth Manabu hands him some bread.

“Thanks.” he says before eating away. Manabu nods his head before walking back to watch the city. After Alister finishes his short breakfast he joins Manabu in watching the city.

“It’s hard to think… after all this time… I’m leaving the only place I knew to call home. I should be thanking you for that.” speaks Manabu.

“How so?” questions Alister with a raised eyebrow.

“That place can be hell with four walls around it.” Manabu replies while closing his eyes.

“I see…” mutters Alister while looking to the left.

“What are we going to do now Alister?” Manabu asks him.

“What?” Alister asks in return before Manabu opens his eyes to look at Alister.

“What will we do now? Where will we go?” Manabu continues to ask.

“I can only remember up to two days ago… you tell me.” Alister replies with a sarcastic tone.

“There is another city in the east, although it will be a two day travel.” Manabu says while walking back into the cave.

“Two days? Is that the closest city from here?” Alister asks while sitting down in front of him.

“It is. Unless we had some sort of transportation. Sadly… we are stuck walking.” Manabu says.

“Shouldn’t we start walking then? If it is a two day walk then we need to start now.” Alister states.

“That is true, but I am more worried about the City Guard. I expected them to find us by now, but I have not seen a single unit since I have been awake.” Manabu says while picking up his sword. Alister stands to his feet as they get ready to leave.

“Since you know the way… it’s best that you lead Manabu.” Alister says as Manabu nods. They leave the safety of the cave and begin to walk east. They walk nearly the entire day without running into the City Guard. As soon as they believe they are safe they spot an incoming vehicle.

“Looks like we will have to fight now.” Manabu says while reaching for his sword before suddenly, Alister grabs his arm.

“Wait, I have an idea… just trust me on this.” Alister tells him as the City Guard come closer. They stop their vehicle as Alister and Manabu watch them.

“Good afternoon you two. What are you doing in the desert?” the commanding officer asks as his troops take aim with their rifles.

“We don’t really know… who are you?” asks Alister in a confused voice while Manabu soon catches on to his plan.

“Do you know where we are?” asks Manabu before the commanding officer holds up his right hand.

“Leave them alone, they are just Drifters. Let’s continue with our search men!” he shouts as they follow him. They soon leave sight as Manabu digs in the sand next to his right foot. He pulls up his sword before dusting it off.

“That was very smart... but how did you know they would do that?” asks Manabu.

“Simple. It was dark last night in that alley, so I assumed the only thing they could make out about us was that one carried a sword. Since it was hidden on your foot in the sand, they would figure us to be Drifters.” Alister explains as they start to walk again.

“I see… and if something were to happen I could have instantly used my sword in the cloud of sand… I’m impressed.” Manabu tells him.

“Yeah well we’re not out of this desert yet.” Alister returns as they walk.

Time passes on and before too long they find themselves walking towards a road block. The City Guard is posted around the entire block.

“Sir we have sighted two Drifters in the distance. What should we do?” asks one of the guards. The commander takes his binoculars from him and takes a look for himself.

“Hmph. It would appear that we have found the two we have been looking for. One of them is carrying a sword, get ready men! You know what they did to our friends! Let’s get some revenge!” he shouts as his men let out a shout.

“Alister! They’re coming!” Model ZW tells him as Alister gets a serious look on his face suddenly.

“They know who we are Manabu! Get ready!” Alister tells him.

“Got it.” Manabu says while drawing his sword. The City Guard begins to attack in their desert buggy’s. They drive past Alister and Manabu as they both get the same idea. They nod at each other before lunging at the next buggy that drives near them. They kick out the driver and passenger, before driving through the road block.

“What the… after them men!” the commander yells as his men drive after them.

“Sir! Your ride is ready!” an officer tells his commander while saluting.

“It’s about time.” he scoffs while walking towards a helicopter. It is armed with many missiles and machine guns. He takes off in a hurry after the killers. They drive along the desert driving off of small hills. They land a bit rough while they continue.

“Hey! You sure this thing will hold together!?” asks Alister as he hangs on for his life.

“I know how to drive! You just tell me when they’ve caught up to us!” Manabu tells him while avoiding a cactus pile. Alister looks behind to see the City Guard right behind them.

“They’re behind us now!” Alister shouts with a stressed look.

“Great! Take the wheel!” Manabu replies while letting go of the steering wheel. He moves to the back of the buggy as Alister hurries to take control. The City Guard start to fire their weapons at them. Manabu uses his sword to deflect the shots.

“Whoa…” Alister thinks while turning his head back to watch for a moment.

“Check to see if this buggy has grenades or something!” Alister shouts while driving over a hill. Manabu searches the buggy finding three grenades strapped onto a belt. He pulls the pin on one before throwing it at the nearest buggy. It drops inside under the driver. The guards take notice and jumps out while the buggy is still moving. Soon after it explodes taking out another buggy next to it.

“Good call.” Manabu says while deflecting more bullets.

Alister drives over another hill that sends them flying through the air. As they land Manabu drops the two grenades that were in his hands. Two buggy’s that were chasing them suddenly blow up on top of those grenades. Manabu smirks as he twirls the pins on his fingers.

“Are there more of them?” asks Alister while slowing down.

“Not that I can see…” Manabu says before hearing a helicopter. “Hard left!” he quickly yells as Alister turns left. As he swerves out of the way a missile hits the ground flipping them over due to the explosion. They roll out of the buggy as it flips over. The helicopter hovers in front of them as the commander of the City Guard opens the side door.

“Well that was an impressive run you gave us back there, but now I am afraid it is all over for you two. You will be taken back to the city where you will be brought before our leader.” he tells them while they stand to their feet.

“And if we refuse?” asks Alister while favoring his left arm.

“You will be killed on the spot.” he replies as some of his men jump out of the helicopter. They surround the two while taking aim.

“Hmph… do fools always use this formation? Or are you just that special?” Manabu smarts off.

“Alister… merge with me!” Model ZW tells Alister as he holds the Live Metal up in front of him.

“What is he doing…? Is he…?” the commander thinks to himself.

“Rock on!” Alister shouts as he is engulfed in light.

“Be careful men! He’s one of those Rockman freaks!” the commander yells. The men open fire at Alister who jumps high into the air. They fire at him while he is in the air thinking he could not avoid. He begins to twist and turn in the air to avoid their bullets. In amazement they stop firing as he lands on one knee.

“Do you really want to continue?” he asks them. They begin to walk backwards as their commander begins to get upset.

“Don’t be cowards! Kill him now!” the commander shouts while they try to jump Alister.

“Your mistake.” he smirks before using an upper cut on one. He quickly follows with a sabot kick to another’s stomach. Alister dashes towards two that are slowly walking towards him. He leaps between the two before kicking his feet into the air. His feet connect with the jaw of the one in front of him. Alister then spin kicks the other guard right after. As the two fall to the ground knocked out Alister continues to attack the guards. Manabu watches from the side as Alister takes out all of the City Guard by himself.

“Get us out of here pilot!” the commander yells at the pilot. The helicopter begins to take off as Alister snaps his head in that direction.

“So you’re just going to leave your men behind!? You’re a pitiful leader!” Manabu shouts.

“I’ll be back to kill you two another time! Until then…” he says while taking notice of Alister.

“Shockwave!” Alister shouts while using his arm slashers to create a powerful wave of energy. The arrow shaped wave rushes towards the screaming commander as it rips right through the helicopter. While crashing behind a hill it gives off a powerful explosion. Alister returns to normal after flipping the buggy back over. Manabu gets in the driver seat as Alister climbs beside him. While driving away Manabu has something on his mind.

“He called you… Rockman?” asks Manabu.

“Rockman? Is that what I am?” asks Alister while looking at his hands.

“An odd name…” Manabu adds.

“But… for some reason… I know it fits me. So from now on… call me Black Rockman!” Alister tells him before putting his feet up on the dashboard.

“Black Rockman…? That’s an even worse name…” Manabu tells him.

“Well if you don’t like it come up with something better. Until then I like it.” Alister snaps back.

End of Chapter 37
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:28 am

Chapter 38: Mysterious Leo

Manabu drives their jeep close to the next city before the two of them get out. They roll it behind some boulders before adding some extra camouflage with smaller rocks. They make it look like another rock formation before starting their walk towards the city. Realizing that he would stick out like a sore thumb, Manabu makes the choice to leave his katana with the jeep. They walk up to the gates but to their surprise not a soul is guarding the entrance.

“This is odd... normally there would be many guards aiming their weapons at us right now... but there nobody in sight.” Alister points out.

“I agree. I have to say though… it is a nice change.” Manabu says while walking forward as they open the gates to the city. Someone suddenly slams into Manabu’s face as they crash to the ground.

“Ouch… that hurt…” he says while rubbing his chin. He looks to see who the attacker was and finds a man that looks older than him.

“Get out of my way!” he yells before Alister grabs his arm. He swings him around before slamming him into the city wall.

“If you want to go you will have to get through me thief.” Alister tells him with a very stern voice. The man shrinks back as the Guards rush up to them. They push Alister to the side to get to the man before they force him to put his arms behind his back. A somewhat large sack drops out of his arms before Manabu picks it up.

“Money?” Manabu asks out loud.

“Yes, he was a thief. These guards were chasing him to get it back.” the Captain says while walking up. He has piercing green eyes with some facial hair on his cheeks that is a black color. “My name is Captain Satio Tristan, of the City Guard here at City Nine. Thank you for stopping this thief.” he adds while showing his respect.

“It was nothing.” Alister replies as the Captain looks into his eyes. Alister does not turn away as the two of them continue to glare at each other. Suddenly he gets a smile on his face before clapping his hands together.

“Let these two men inside of our City. Give them a place to stay for the night and treat them right.” Captain Satio orders his men.

“There is no need for that, we were just passing through.” Manabu speaks up as the Guards take aim.

“No, I insist.” Captain Satio adds as Alister walks up next to Manabu before putting his left hand on Manabu’s right shoulder.

“It’s alright Manabu, we should go with them.” Alister tells him before walking into the city. Manabu follows him close behind as the City Guard walk them through the gates.

“Could they be the ones?” Captain Satio thinks to himself as he takes up the rear.

The City Guard lead them to a somewhat large house. While walking inside they take notice of the surrounding area, which is nothing at all like City Four. This City was actually taken care of. The doors close behind them while Captain Satio walks past them. They look at the large home which has a second story to it. The stairs are in front of them, one on the left, one on the right. All of the Guards leave the house as Satio stands in front of them with his hat off. He has slick black hair with a grey stripe on each side.

“Welcome to my home, Rockman and Manabu.” he greets while they are in shock.

“How do you know my name?” asks Manabu.

“More importantly… what about Rockman?” adds Alister.

“Do not worry, you are among friends now. I know all about your small adventure through the desert. I also know the you took out the City Guard of City Four all by yourself Rockman. I would like to know your name however.” he says while walking up to Alister. He extends his right hand as Alister looks him in the eyes.

“My name is Alister Storm, sir.” Alister replies as they shake hands.

“Please do not call me sir, I am only thirty years old. Calling me Satio will be just fine.” he replies while shaking Manabu’s hand as well.

“If you know who we are… then why take us in without hesitation?” questions Manabu.

“I assure you my intentions are not evil. I actually wish to help you.” he replies while walking away. Alister and Manabu look at each other before he turns around.

“Well you will need to follow me if you want me to explain.” Satio shouts from the hallway. The two of them quickly follow behind him. He leads them into a room that has a desk and a few chairs next to it. Alister begins to watch a dark area behind Satio’s desk.

“Please have a seat.” he tells them while sitting behind his desk. The two of them sit down as he watches them.

“I assume you have been able to use your Live Metal, Model ZW?” he asks Alister.

“How do you know so much about me?” Alister returns.

“This world as it is now… is not correct. It is as if someone reached into Tera and arranged it to their desire. Because of this arrangement people have lost their way. They are what we call Drifters. These people lost their memory, simply because someone wanted that to happen.” explains Satio.

“Someone wanted it to happen? How can that be?” asks Manabu.

“I am not sure of this myself. I do know the one that sits before me is none other than Black Rockman, the eternal light that destroys all evil. I am on your side if you trust me or not.” Satio says while leaning forward.

“I trust you Satio.” Alister says while Manabu snaps his head towards him.

“Are you crazy? How can you tell he won’t betray us?” Manabu asks him.

“That moment we glared into each others eyes… something told me that he is a friend, that we could trust him. I don’t know how to explain it… I normally go with my first gut feeling. This time will not be any different… that it will not.” Alister replies as Satio smiles at his response.

“You two are welcome to stay as long as time allows you. You are very welcome here at my home. If I was to make one suggestion, it would to not bring attention to yourselves while staying here. There are those in this City that would turn you over to the Tera Knights in an instant.” Satio tells them.

“Who are the Tera Knights?” asks Manabu.

“The Tera Knights are the ones who rule this world of wastelands.” someone speaks from behind Satio. Manabu nearly jumps out of his seat while Alister calmly looks towards him. He walks out of the shadows to reveal himself as the one who saved Alister and Manabu that one night. He has his cape wrapped around him at the moment as he stands next to Satio.

“Who is this guy?” Manabu asks.

“My name is Leo. As Alister already knows I was the one who saved you two the other night. I’m impressed... although Alister’s abilities have not yet fully returned to him, he can still use a portion of those abilities without knowing it.” Leo says while watching Alister. Leo opens his cape while holding out his right arm. Suddenly Model ZW flies across the room and lands in his hand.

“How did you do that?” Alister asks him.

“Wouldn’t you like to know… so this is Model ZW I take it?” he asks Alister.

“Correct.” Alister replies. Leo looks it over before Model ZW glows a bit. Suddenly Leo tosses it back to Alister while closing his cape again.

“I must take my leave now. I will be back in two days, have them ready by then if you would my friend.” Leo says while walking out of the room. Alister tries to follow but Leo just vanishes without a trace.

“Don’t be alarmed by him, he is a powerful ally that you must trust. Because in two days you will be traveling with him for awhile.” Satio tells them.

“What? So our minds are now being made up for us?” Manabu snaps at Satio.

“You two are very special, and he knows this. Manabu, you wish to be stronger with your sword, Leo is going to teach you. Alister, although you are not fully aware you are still very skilled. Leo is going to help you in understanding yourself and that Live Metal beside you. You must trust Leo no matter what, even if things look bad he is your ally. Please remember those words... but for now I grow tired… good day to you two.” he says before the door opens behind them. Two maids walk in as they turn around.

“You called Master?” they ask.

“Please make Alister and Manabu feel at home here.” Satio tells them.

“Yes sir.” they reply. One with brown hair walks off with Alister, while the other with red hair walks off with Manabu.

“I hope those two will be ready…” Satio thinks to himself while taking a sip from a water bottle under his desk.

End of Chapter 38
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:29 am

Chapter 39: The Bandit Camp

Alister suddenly wakes to find the maid that helped him before opening the curtains of his room. For a brief moment he gathers his thoughts while scratching his head. He almost laughs due to the fact that she has no idea that he is awake already. As a chuckle does slip out the maid instantly twirls around with a surprised look.

“Oh I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to wake you!” she panics while Alister gets out of bed.

“Don’t worry about it, I guess I needed to get up anyways... where is Satio at?” asks Alister while putting his shirt on.

“Master Satio is out at the moment. He did mention he would be back later though…” she replies while he walks to the door.

“Thank you miss.” he tells her before shutting the door. As he walks down the hallway filled with pictures of family members and weapons he looks out one of the windows there. The street is right outside of the window, as all he can do is watch the clouds in the sky. How they sometimes change from a normal color to dark red. Some people walk past the window without giving him even a first glance.

“Leo… just who is he?” Alister thinks to himself before Manabu walks up next to him and watches the streets with him.

“Sleep well?” asks Manabu.

“Not bad. It might have been better if the maid didn’t come in to check if I was still there every hour or so.” Alister replies while taking notice of the maids peeking around the corner.

“So you go that too? I thought it was just me.” Manabu says before turning around to lean up against the wall.

“Have you thought about anything that Satio mentioned yesterday?” questions Alister.

“I have. Even though I just heard about it… it feels like I’ve known this already.” Manabu replies.

“It’s odd that you say that… I feel the same way. I have no idea why…” Alister says while looking at the sky. As the time passes by the two of them watch out of the window. Many more kids run past the window while playing around.

“Excuse me.” the maid with red hair speaks up before Alister and Manabu turn to her.

“Can we do anything for you?” Manabu asks while putting his hands in his pockets.

“You have it backwards. We are suppose to be asking you that. You’re lunch is ready, if you will please follow me.” she tells them as their stomachs begin to growl.

“Good timing.” Alister laughs with a stressed look on his face. While sitting down the maids bring a large platter and set it down in front of them. As the maid lifts the lid the smell of a home cooked meal nearly has them drooling. Both of them have before them a nice slow roasted turkey. They waste no time before digging in.

“They certainly have no issues in eating fast do they?” one of the maids ask another with a stressed face. The other one laughs as a scream is heard from the outside of the house. Alister and Manabu jump out of their seats before running out into the streets. They find a group of people with weapons in a circle. When they get closer they find that the circle of people is beating up on one guy who is lying in a pool of blood at the moment.

“Ha! Not much of a fighter are you? We’re wasting our time with you!” the attacker shouts as he lifts his staff high into the air. When he goes to swing it his staff disappears.

“What the…” he panics while turning around. He finds Alister swinging the staff right at him, breaking the man's jaw instantly.

“My jaw!” the man screams in pain as the circle of men grows angry. Alister hands Manabu the staff as he gets to his back.

“If you guys want to gang up on people then try us!” Alister yells at them while Manabu grins.

“You should have stayed out of this!” another man shouts at them before lunging forward with a sword. Alister lifts his foot into the air and comes crashing down on the man’s blade. His attack breaks the sword in two as Manabu back kicks the man. He flies into the crowd of angry men. They charge in all at the same time. Alister ducks as Manabu swings the staff around. He knocks a lot of them to the ground before a group of three grab the staff and keep Manabu from using it further. Alister takes notice to this and jumps onto the staff, before running along it to slide into the group. Suddenly he is grabbed from all sides, along with Manabu. They are thrown into the middle as everyone jumps them. As they are being pinned down there is a sudden burst of light that throws everyone back. As Manabu looks around to see what was going on he finds Alister standing there as Black Rockman.

“Alister no!” he shouts while holding his hand out towards Alister.

“He’s one of those Rockman freaks! Run!” they shout in fear while running away, but Alister runs past all of them. He stands in front of them with his arms to his sides.

“Care for another match?” he asks them while cracking his knuckles. Everything suddenly stops when they all hear a gunshot from behind. Captain Satio stands there with his pistol in the air and a not so happy face.

“All of you had better stop this right now! Get out of here bandits!” he yells as they run away. Alister returns to normal before walking up to Satio.

“Now what could have caused you to transform in the middle of the day?” Satio asks him while putting his pistol away. He then takes notice of the man lying in a pool of blood.

“They were beating that man to death, we stepped in to help.” Manabu answers him while walking up.

“Those men are outlaws… bandits.” Satio tells them while putting his left hand under his chin. He thinks for a moment before motioning them to follow him. He leads them into his house and into the backyard. He inputs a five digit code into a keypad on his tool shed. As they step inside they are instantly transported somewhere else.

“That was odd…” Alister speaks while holding his head.

“Welcome to my command center.” Satio says while the lights turn on. There are monitors everywhere with at least three control panels under each monitor. There is a lower part of the command center in the middle with more computers and desks there. Satio walks to the middle and stands in front of the desks.

“What is this place?” Manabu asks in awe.

“This is my own secret command center that only Leo and myself know of. You two are the first to enter this place. Over the years Leo has helped me gather the technology needed to maintain this center. This is the most advanced command center in the world.” Satio tells them.

“Why bring us here?” asks Alister while walking down towards him.

“I have a request of you two.” Satio replies while starting to type on a keyboard. The main monitor shows a small area outside of the city. It is showing a large group of tents around a small mountain. There are many people outside of them guarding the area with sniper rifles.

“What is this suppose to be? The main camp of those bandits?” Alister asks while watching.

“Correct. Lately these bandits have become a real problem. They started out with just stealing food from time to time so they could stay alive. They had no weapons to begin with. Although lately they have shown up demanding more than food. They now demand freedom from the current rulers and will beat to death whoever supports the current rulers. If you hadn’t of stopped them today there is no telling what they would have done.” Satio explains to them.

“I get the feeling you want us to go after them now?” Manabu asks while closing his eyes.

“Normally, I would not ask you two for help. It is not right of me to do so... however… I have no choice. The ruler of this city is Shisho. His daughter was recently kidnapped by those bandits. They said that if they don’t get the freedom they deserve within a week, she will die. Tonight is that deadline.” he tells them.

“I see…” Alister says while thinking.

“So you want us to go into bandit territory, with snipers, and most likely traps to save a girl?” Manabu asks him.

“Correct. Of course this would go in your favor to get on the rulers good side.” Satio replies.

“I accept the mission, but on one condition.” he tells Satio.

“Name it.” Satio responds.

“If this girl is cute, I will want to take her out on a date to make up for those bandits treating her wrongly.” Alister says before smiling.

“Fair enough.” laughs Satio as Manabu has another stressed look on his face. Satio walks up the stairs before accessing a panel on the wall. The wall slides back revealing weapons behind it.

“I don’t need any guns.” Alister tells him.

“I am aware of this, but I wanted to show you these.” Satio says while pointing towards discs that are hanging up on the wall.

“What are they?” asks Manabu.

“These are Teleportation Disks. They are for one time use only. You throw one down to activate it and it will instantly transport you back here. You will need these on your mission.” Satio says while handing Alister two and Manabu one.

“Thanks, we will get right on the mission.” Alister says while walking away. Satio stops Manabu by grabbing his shoulder.

“Wait Manabu, I wanted to give you something. I noticed you have the hands of someone who carries a sword, so I prepared something for you.” he tells him before reaching in the back of the armory. He pulls out something that looks like the handle of a sword.

“What is it?” asks Manabu while looking it over.

“It is a beam saber.” Satio replies as Manabu takes notice of two grips at the bottom. He grips with his right hand as the saber extends.

“This is one of the most powerful weapons here, and I want you to have it. It is shaped like a katana blade to suite you.” Satio tells him while Manabu releases his grip. The blade goes down while Manabu looks at him.

“Thank you Satio.” he says while shaking his hand.

“The mission will begin as soon as you exit the city. Be careful you two, although I am sure you won’t have any trouble.” Satio says with a smile. He pulls a lever as they suddenly appear outside of the city.

“I wish he would warn us about that first!” Alister shouts as Manabu laughs.

“Let’s get started then. All we have to do is look for that mountain right?” Manabu asks while looking around.

“I think we should head this way.” Alister says while pointing towards a sand storm.

“Are you crazy? Why would they be inside of the sand storm?” Manabu questions while the wind picks up.

“To keep outsiders on the outside of course. We need to start moving right away. We have to get there before the night does.” Alister suggests.

“You’re right...” Manabu replies as they start walking. Before too long they end up coming across land mines.

“We’re going to be watched from here on. We have to be careful.” Manabu says while stepping over a land mine.

“One of them just spotted a land mine boss. These two don’t really look like they’re heading in this direction… I’ll continue to watch them.” a bandit reports while watching Alister and Manabu. He quickly adjusts his sights on the sniper rifle before continuing to watch them. He is wearing a heavy face mask with no goggles on. He wears a helmet that looks like a samurai helmet, only with a guard for the back of his neck. He is a sand color.

“Alright. If they get any closer, kill them.” his boss reports over the com.

“I got it.” the sniper replies. Manabu stops for a moment while looking around. The wind gets faster and faster by the minute.

“The winds here suck.... let’s try going this way.” Alister suggests as they begin to walk towards the location of the sniper.

“Target sighted. Firing.” the sniper speaks into the com. He pulls the trigger as a blast is shot from the barrel.

“What was that?” Alister asks while looking around. He throws Manabu to the ground while throwing himself to the ground. An energy beam shoots directly over their heads. That blast was big enough to kill them both in one shot.

“At least we know what direction their camp is!” Manabu shouts as the sniper’s eyes open wide.

“Boss these two are looking for our camp! What should I do? They know where I…” the sniper says before Alister pulls the com device out of his ear.

“So if we keep going this way… we’ll get to your camp?” Alister asks him as the sniper just smirks at him.

“You won’t talk huh?” Manabu asks while picking up the sniper rifle. He takes out the saber that Satio gave him before and grips the handle. As the energy saber extends he cuts through the sniper rifle. He holds it close to the snipers neck before he snaps.

“Keep going… you’ll find them.” he answers while Manabu puts his saber away. Alister knocks him out from behind with a fierce karate chop to his neck. Alister then sits him up against a rock with his helmet tilted forward.

“Let’s keep moving.” Manabu says while taking notice that they are losing time. Time passes by as they reach a cliff. They look over the cliff to find the small mountain in the distance. There are many tents camped out in front. They look closer to spot snipers camped along the mountains paths.

“I have an idea.” Alister speaks up. “But it will be dangerous.” he adds.

“Let’s hear it.” Manabu says while continuing to watch.

“They know that we’re coming. So how about I run out into the front line and take most of their strength?” Alister asks.

“I get it. While you have them distracted, I will sneak inside and take on the smaller faction... but which tent do I rush into first?” Manabu asks him. Alister points to a tent not being guarded at the moment.

“The largest one. Every other tent is being guarded at the moment. Either they are trying to throw us off or she’s really not in that tent. That’s my plan.” Alister tells him.

“I’ll trust your plan. You did well before, this one should not be any different.” Manabu replies while moving away from him.

“Let’s get started, Model ZW!” speaks Alister before he climbs down the cliff. The bandits begin to take notice of him walking towards their camp. He appears out of the darkness slowly walking towards them. All of the bandits there are wearing a full face mask with the same helmet as the sniper. Their clothes are black however.

“Is he trying to be some sort of hero? That idiot! Kill him!” one bandit shouts to the others. As they open fire Alister smirks before holding Model ZW in front of him.

“Rock on!” he shouts as a light briefly blinds the bandits. As they regain their sight, Alister is still slowly walking towards them.

“So they sent a Rockman after us?! He has to DIE!!” one man screams as Alister rushes towards him. The bullets and laser beams rush past him by the second.

“What is this…? They’re just bandits… why do they have such powerful and advanced equipment?” Alister thinks to himself while beating down a bandit. Manabu finds the chance to slip inside of the unguarded tent. When he gets inside he meets with a few guards. Manabu quickly slashes through their weapons before knocking them all out. He finds the girl tied to a pole in the middle of the tent.

“How cliché.” he mutters before rushing to help her. She has long brown hair and teal colored eyes. She is wearing a pearl white colored dress that reaches below her knees. She has tears in her eyes at the moment. Her mouth is covered by some cloth tied around her head. Manabu runs up next to her and cuts through the ropes holding her. He then takes the cloth off.

“Get out of here!” she screams at him before Manabu pushes her out of the way. He leaps out of the way as well before a large man from behind fires his rifle.

“I’m impressed.” the man starts. Manabu turns around to see that his foe is like a small tower, well built for sure. He is wearing a white unbuttoned coat with red inside. He wears pants that are kept tied with rope around his waste. He has long black hair and piercing green eyes.

“Who are you?” Manabu asks him.

“I am the leader of the bandits you see outside. You may call me Makato Ranpu.” he names himself.

“I am Manabu Kaze. I will be taking her now. Don’t stand in my way or you will get hurt.” Manabu tells him while walking towards the exit. Makato walks in front of them drawing his saber.

“You are a swordsman?” asks Manabu.

“Correct. I assume you’re one as well?” Makato questions.

“I am.” Manabu replies.

“Splendid! How about we make a deal then? If you win you can go free. If I win you and your distraction outside will join us.” Makato says as he holds his hand towards Manabu.

“I’ll agree to those terms on one condition. If I happen to lose, she is sent home unharmed.” Manabu tells him. The girl snaps her head towards Manabu in somewhat of a shock.

“Don’t do this for me…” she tells him. Manabu just smirks as Makato throws his coat aside. He’s wearing a full samurai outfit.

“I agree. If you lose she will not be harmed at all. You have my word as a swordsman.” Makato replies.

“This looks like it may be fun to watch.” Alister suddenly speaks up from behind the man. Makato quickly turns around to see a Rockman standing there.

“Are all of my men dead?!” Makato panics.

“No, I don’t kill. They are all sleeping peacefully right now. I will not interfere with your battle, please continue.” Alister tells him before returning to normal while walking over to Manabu. Manabu lets go of the girl before drawing his own saber. Alister moves to the side with her next to him. The two swordsmen walk out into the middle and get ready to face the other.

“He’s tall for sure... somewhat muscle bound as well… but if he is that big he must be really powerful but really slow. If I can just focus on that aspect… I can pull through this.” Manabu thinks to himself. He rushes towards the man before clashing sabers with him. Makato swings heavily to the side as Manabu ducks to avoid.

“I have you now!” Manabu shouts suddenly while thrusting forward.

“Don’t take me so lightly!” Makato shouts back before quickly blocking his attack. He then thrusts forward throwing Manabu backwards. He slams into the pillar behind.

“I may be a very large man but don’t think I’m slow because of it! Now since that is out of the way we can fight!” Makato tells him while getting into a stance. Manabu stands to his feet while glaring at Makato. He then rushes him with his saber to his left side. Makato scoffs at this before blocking his attack. He then disappears in front of Manabu.

“What?!” Manabu panics while looking around. He finds Makato standing on the other side of the tent with a smile on his face.

“He’s fast, I’ve never seen anyone move like that before. I hope Manabu can somehow pull this off.” Alister thinks while watching Manabu.

“Do you want to give up now boy? At your level you can’t defeat me. I have spent many years mastering the ways of the samurai. I have mastered nearly ever technique that there is. How can a novice defeat a master?!” Makato shouts before dashing forward. His speed is so great that he leaves a trail in the ground.

“He’s coming Manabu!” Alister shouts to him.

“Get ready boy!” Makato yells while thrusting forwards.

End of Chapter 39
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:30 am

Chapter 40: Clash!

Manabu dodges to his right attempting to avoid injury. Makato suddenly dashes to his left, catching up on Manabu in an instant. He thrusts forwards only to have Manabu’s right foot crash into his face. Makato jumps backwards while smirking.

“Impressive boy, not many can stop my attacks.” taunts Makato.

“You’re full of yourself, let’s continue.” Manabu replies.

“It’s not that I’m full of myself. Think of it as…” Makato starts before dashing forwards again. “Think of it as confidence boy!” he shouts before piercing Manabu’s left shoulder. Makato jumps back again with his saber ready. Alister starts to run over towards Manabu who suddenly motions for him not to come any closer.

“This… is my fight! I will finish it without anyone getting in the way!” Manabu shouts to him.

“Manabu… I understand.” Alister replies before walking back to the girl.

“I respect that. Even though you are not very skilled with the saber you still choose to fight with honor. You’d make a very skilled samurai one day.” Makato tells him.

“Spare me this conversation… let’s go!” Manabu shouts while charging forward. This time his speed is increased shocking everyone there. As he thrusts forward Makato moves out of the way, appearing on the other side of the tent. Manabu is suddenly directly behind him slashing wildly.

“Impossible!” thinks Makato as he blocks the attacks. He pushes Manabu back while recovering from his attacks.

“What’s wrong?” Manabu asks him before dashing forwards once again. Makato dashes forwards as well. The two of them clash in the middle of the tent. Blocking the others attack with ease.

“This kid… how is he doing this? Still… I cannot afford to lose!” Makato thinks to himself. He then knocks Manabu up into the air before appearing in front of him.

“Ultimate Technique!! Heaven’s Blade!!” Makato shouts before all Alister could see was Manabu being attacked from all sides at the same time. He then falls to the ground motionless as Alister rushes to his side.

“Manabu! Hey can you hear me?!” Alister asks him while shaking him.

“He’s not dead, merely knocked out due to all of the injuries.” Makato tells him while walking up.

“Will he survive the wounds?” questions Alister.

“He will need medical attention of course, nothing my men cannot handle.” Makato replies.

“I am afraid I can not allow that.” a voice speaks from the distance. Suddenly Leo appears from above standing behind Alister.

“Who are you suppose to be?” asks Makato as Leo throws his cape behind him.

“My name is not important. I cannot allow you to take these two men under your care. Although I know you would take care of them, indeed you would… they have already been committed to me. I am a man of honor myself… if you would rather challenge me for their rights…” Leo challenges.

“Interesting. I accept your challenge stranger.” Makato replies with a smile. Alister hurries to take Manabu away from the fight that is about to happen.

“I should warn you… this fight will be over in less than thirty seconds.” Leo warns Makato.

“Hmph… we will see about that my friend.” Makato scoffs while getting into position.

“Leo… who is he?” Alister asks himself.

“I am curious as well…” Model ZW speaks up.

“Oh? Why is that?” Alister asks Model ZW.

“The day he touched me… something happened to both of us. I’m not sure just yet…” Model ZW replies. Alister looks forward as the fight begins. Makato thrusts forward towards Leo attempting to catch him off guard. Leo moves his body to the right barely avoiding the thrust.

“Heaven’s Blade!!” Leo suddenly shouts catching Makato off guard. As he falls to the ground barely hurt from the attack. He still finds it hard to move.

“What… was that?! How do you know that technique?!” Makato questions him while attempting to stand.

“Not even five seconds went by. The Heaven’s Blade… a truly magnificent attack. It combines destruction with overwhelming speed in one attack. This attack deals damage to basically ever part of your body in an instant. You are a very skilled swordsman Makato Ranpu. Only a few have been able to master this skill as you have. You are an honorable person.” Leo says before his arm slashers are set back in place.

“Amazing…” Alister thinks to himself.

“A deal is a deal. Take them.” Makato says while standing to his feet. He then walks away while disappearing into the darkness of the tent. Leo walks over to the girl before extending his hand.

“Excuse me fair lady, may I do the honors?” he asks her before she walks forward and grabs his hand. Leo then picks her up and holds her in his arms.

“Alister, deploy the transportation disks. Let’s get out of this place.” Leo tells him.

“Got it.” he replies while reaching into his pocket.

He takes one from Manabu’s pocket as well. He activates them before Leo steps onto one, Alister picks up Manabu and steps on the other disk. As they disappear the disks self-destruct. Satio is waiting patiently in the command room as two lights appear next to the armory. They step out of the light as Satio runs up to them.

“Mission complete I take it?” he asks before taking notice of Manabu’s condition.

“What happened?” he asks them.

“Manabu risked his life to save Lady Misao. He will be fine, he just needs some minor medical attention. I shall escort Lady Misao back to the castle for you. I will inform her father of their actions as well.” Leo replies before walking about of the command center. As time passes by Manabu wakes to find Satio tending to his injuries.

“What happened?” Manabu questions while sitting up. A quick pain racing through his shoulder forces him back down.

“Calm down. Your left shoulder took a nasty hit. Otherwise you’re just fine.” Satio tells him.

“I see. Is the girl alright?” asks Manabu.

“She’s just fine, Leo showed up and saved us.” Alister replies to his question while walking up.

“I’m sorry I missed watching Leo fight.” Manabu speaks before sitting up again.

“This wound on your shoulder is not as bad as I thought it to be. It should heal in less than two days actually.” Satio tells him.

“How is that possible? He got me with a clean hit!” Manabu raises his voice.

“Clean does not even begin to describe it Manabu. His attack was so clean, that it only went through some minor muscles in your shoulder. It’s as if he never cut you at all.” Satio tells him.

“Then why did he feel such pain at first and now?” asks Alister.

“Well a cut is a cut after all. Whoever did this did not want to hurt Manabu. He must have been extremely skilled to have done this. Unless it was just a fluke…” Satio replies with a short laugh.

“I don’t think so… but if that is the case… how strong does that make Leo…?” Alister thinks to himself before the command centers door opens. Leo walks in suddenly with his cape wrapped around him.

“Ah… you’re up I see. I have come here to escort you two.” Leo tells them.

“To what?” asks Manabu.

“Why, to see the Ruler of this land of course. He is eager to meet the other two men that helped save his daughter. This meeting is very important to the future so I suggest you hurry and get ready.” Leo tells them before leaving. He stands outside of the command center up against the wall. Soon after the two of them leave the command center.

“We’re ready Leo.” Alister speaks up.

“Excellent. Let us be on our way then.” Leo responds.

As they make their way down the streets of the city, people seem to stop and watch them. Some of them cheer for the three while others wave while smiling. As they near the huge castle there is a man outside waiting for them. He is wearing a purple robe and has dark red hair that reaches below his shoulders. He is wearing a white shirt on the inside of the robe with white pants. His boots are white as well. He has the same color eyes as his daughter. He has a red mustache on his face. With the man is many guards wearing knights armor. Right next to the man is Lady Misao.

“He must be the ruler of this city. Shisho…” Alister mutters to himself. The man walks closer to them, as does his guards. Misao follows her father.

“Let me just say thank you for rescuing my daughter! So these are the two that helped you, Sir Leo?” asks Shisho.

“Correct. Although I showed up late these two did most of the work.” Leo replies while bowing. Alister and Manabu bow as well to show their respect.

“There is no need for that. In my eyes you do not need to bow to me. I am the one who will be bowing today.” Shisho tells them as he bows to them.

“You three are honorary members of this city from this day. Please, won’t you come in for dinner? I haven’t prepared the workers for it yet but I am sure they will be happy to fix dinner.” Shisho asks them.

“We must decline. We are leaving this city now.” Leo replies to him.

“I see… then I must give you three a gift.” Shisho tells him as a knight walks up next to him. In his arms is a very heavy looking bag. The knight hands it to Leo who opens it to see what is inside.

“I thank you, Shisho.” Leo says while bowing.

“Be careful on your journey. The city is a safe place… outside of its walls… I cannot promise you will live.” Shisho warns them.

“We are aware of that fact.” Manabu speaks up.

“Then go with my blessings.” Shisho tells them.

“Mine as well.” Misao speaks up as she walks up to them. She takes their hands one at a time and kisses them. She stops at Manabu and kisses him on his cheek instead of his hand.

“I thank you most of all, the one who risked his life for my own.” she says while blushing. Manabu blushes as well.

“Oh boy…” Alister says while having a stressed look on his face. A few moments later they are walking away from the city. Leo hands the large bag to Manabu who drops it right away.

“How heavy is this thing?!” he struggles to asks as Alister laughs.

“That is our food for this journey. It would be wise to not get it dirty since I asked Shisho to prepare it for us.” Leo replies before taking it back from him.

“Where are we heading Leo?” Alister asks.

“Even though you two do not realize it yourselves… you are the hope for this world. I will train you myself, so you will be ready to face the evil of the times.” Leo replies.

“You sound just like this Model ZW in my pocket.” Alister returns with another stressed look on his face.

End of Chapter 40
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:30 am

Chapter 41: The Journey Begins: The Beautiful Thorns of The Desert

After leaving the city the three walked across desert non-stop for nearly half a day. They stopped when it was night then resumed after getting a nights rest. At the first sign of day break through the clouds they resume their walking.

“Leo… may I ask you a question?” Alister asks before taking a drink from his canteen.

“I will do my best to answer.” Leo replies.

“Where are we going?” he asks as Leo seems to laugh a bit.

“It took half a day of walking for one of you to finally ask me this. Do you two really trust me that much?” he asks them while stopping.

“You haven’t given us a reason otherwise.” Manabu answers.

“I’m normally pretty good at telling who is good and who is bad.” Alister tells him.

“I see. We are going to a location that only I know about. This is a secret training ground that I created myself. If all goes according to plan we will arrive there in a few days.” Leo answers his question before starting to walk again.

The sand around them is a darker color than normal. There are many jagged rocks sticking out of the ground nearby as well. Some of them reach high above their heads while walking past them. Alister takes notice to something holding onto one of the rocks. It quickly moves out of sight before he could get a second glance at it. He moves closer to Leo as he looks around.

“Leo.” Alister whispers to him.

“I know. They’ve been following us ever since we neared these rocks. They will be attacking very soon. Alert Manabu of this as well.” Leo whispers in return. He nods to reply before walking slow to let Manabu catch up with him.

“What’s wrong?” Manabu asks with a curious look on his face.

“Someone or a group is following us along the rocks. Don’t look directly at them. Leo says that he is sure they will attack soon so be ready.” Alister tells him before walking ahead.

“I see…” Manabu thinks to himself.

He puts his hands in his pockets to be near the saber on his hilt. They continue to walk for some time before they finally hear a group of rocks rolling down the slope of the highest rock directly above them.

“Now!” Leo shouts before jumping above them.

Leo also drops their food for the moment. Alister quickly leaps into the air and jump kicks off of the rock. He kicks one of the attackers out of the air before Leo does the same from above. The last attacker wearing a black ninja suit sneaks up behind Manabu who draws his saber on him.

“Do you really want to chance this?” Manabu asks him as Leo and Alister walk up behind him. Scared out of his wits the attacker runs for his life in the other direction. Leo takes notice of Alister looking at his hands which are shaking at the moment.

“How did I… know how to do that?” he asks himself.

“I see, so he is already starting.” Leo thinks to himself. “So then… what about the other one?” he continues his thoughts while looking at Manabu.

Alister soon walks over to the men knocked out only to find out they are both girls. They are wearing masks that cover their entire head and face. Their clothes look like that of a normal bandit. The only difference is the crest that is on their chest. It looks like a fairy with thorns wrapped around it. One of them wakes up taking notice of Alister standing over her. She instantly flips over nearing hitting Alister with her feet. Alister back flips to avoid her attack.

“What do you think you’re doing creep?!” she snarls at him.

“What do I think I’m doing? I could ask you the same thing miss. We didn’t do anything wrong yet you attacked us for no reason at all.” Alister states.

“We mean you no harm. Please tell us why you attacked.” Leo says while walking up to her. The girl looks to the side before looking at her friend on the ground next to her.

“We needed money… anything that travelers carry is normally valuable.” she replies while sitting down next to her friend.

“I see. So you are thieves? Or do you have another reason in mind?” Leo asks her.

“What?!” the girl snaps back.

“I meant no harm by that comment. You don’t seem to be the type that would steal for laughs however. Is there another motivation you have?” he asks her.

“Well… yes there is.” she replies.

“What is that crest?” Alister asks her.

“Please Alister, don’t overwhelm her with too many questions at the same time. Please go on to explaining miss.” Leo says to her while kneeling down in front of her.

“It started a couple of months ago. A gang of desert bandits showed up and started hassling all of my town. We’re only a small town to the east of here with only women and children. Our husbands were killed years ago so we have always been able to take care of ourselves since then. The bandits showed up and started taking woman away to be their slaves. We had enough one day so we offered them money and our possessions to them.” the girl explains.

“So in return they would leave you and your town alone.” Manabu steps in.

“Yes that’s right. This crest that we carry is our vow. It is a symbol to everyone in my town that we will survive no matter what the cost is. Even if we have to kill…” she says while the other girl wakes. She panics before backing up into the rock behind them.

“Don’t be alarmed. We mean you no harm.” Leo assures her.

“My name is Lariat, this is June.” the one explaining everything speaks up.

“I am Leo, this is Alister and Manabu.” Leo greets while introducing the other two as well.

“One of your friends ran off because Manabu intimidated her with that saber of his.” Alister points out.

“Well she was about to jump me from behind.” Manabu sticks up for himself.

“What is the name of your crest?” Leo asks Lariat.

“I’m sorry… I cannot share that with an outsider.” she replies while standing to her feet.

“I understand. Well then, we must be going now.” Leo responds while picking up the bag of food nearby. Alister and Manabu turn their back to start walking as well.

“Not so fast…” June mutters to herself before throwing two darts.

One hits Alister in the neck while the other hits Manabu in his shoulder. Lariat throws one at Leo but he catches it without even looking. Both Lariat and June are shocked by this.

“Tell me… do you really want us to return with you that badly?” Leo asks them.

“I’m sorry… it has to be this way.” Lariat replies to him.

“Very well, I will go with you. I have to watch after these two after all.” Leo tells her.

“If you had intentions of coming with us in the first place… why didn’t you just let us put you to sleep?” June asks him.

“I do not like to fall asleep by force… that I don’t. Sleep is something that is peaceful… it is wrong to be forced to sleep.” Leo responds. Silent for a moment, they think about his words.

“Let go back home June.” Lariat commands her.

“Right.” she replies.

“So she must be her leader… that would make her the leader of the small town she mentioned before…” Leo thinks while taking notice that they are starting to pick up Alister and Manabu. “I will carry them.” Leo tells them while picking the two up. He places them on his shoulders with the food as well.

“Is he for real?” Lariat thinks to herself before reaching into a pocket inside of her shirt.

She pulls out a small device with two buttons on it, both of them the same color. She presses the one on the left. They wait for five minutes before the sand around them begins to kick up. Leo looks to the sky to see a hover jet getting ready to land. It lands outside of the jagged rocks as the engines continue to run. It is a slick looking hover jet with two engines on each side. The tail has three engines as well. It is a dark blue color. Lariat opens the sliding door for Leo. He walks up to it and puts his load down.

“It doesn’t even seem like he’s tired after carrying them. This man could easily take all of us out without help.” Lariat thinks to herself. “Take off!” she commands the pilot. The pilot gives her a thumbs up before the jet rises into the air. The engines rotate fast as they are now on their way.

“So… shall we be heading into a valley of flowers? Or are we on our way to the thorn bush?” Leo thinks to himself while watching outside of the jet.

“The sleeping effect will wear off any moment now. Please put these on your men.” Lariat tells Leo while throwing some rope to him. He looks the rope over closely before throwing it back to her.

“They would be able to break out of those with ease. You would be better off letting me handle them.” Leo tells her as the two of them wake up.

“Are you trying to get smart with me? I should kill you right now!” she shouts at him.

“I meant no harm I assure you miss Lariat. These two are not as normal as you have labeled them to be. I will make sure they do not resist, you have my word.” Leo speaks while nodding his head to her.

“Don’t take us so lightly!” June snaps at him before holding a kunai to his neck.

“June stop this right now!” Lariat shouts to her.

“All he is doing is making a mockery of us! We should deal with him right now!” June argues with her. At that time Alister and Manabu finally realize what is going on.

“Leo!” they shout as June gets closer with the kunai. Lariat grabs June by the back of her shirt and throws her across the jet.

“Please don’t harm her. She was only protecting what she believes in.” Leo tells her. Suddenly June’s sleeves are cut off, making it look like she’s wearing a t-shirt now.

“Wha?!” June panics while looking at Leo.

“It didn’t even look like he moved! Even so… he managed to get this close to June! Just who is he?!” Lariat asks herself while Leo explains to Alister and Manabu.

“Is that understood? Unless your life is in danger do not act against them.” Leo commands them.

“I’m sure you have your reasons… so I will do as they say.” Alister replies.

Manabu does not reply, he only grunts. Soon they reach the small town to the east of their last position. Lariat opens the sliding door as they land. The three walk out to see a broken down town. Looking like it was on its last leg to stay maintained. Women and children peek out of their homes to see the latest in their supplies. Most of them are shocked to see them without rope around them. The women who are wearing the same clothes as Lariat and June have no masks on.

“Put them in the cage.” Lariat tells other girls around them.

“Roger!” they reply.

“I must warn you miss Lariat, I do not like cages that much. I’m afraid I will have to stay outside while these two are inside.” Leo calls to her.

“How dare you!” one of the girls shout while slapping at Leo. Lariat grabs her hand before she could slap him.

“There is no need for that. This one is trust worthy. Let him do as he wishes… but only to a point! He could kill all of us if he wanted to…” Lariat tells her before turning around.

As she walks off the women show the three to their cell. Leo can see Lariat carrying their food away. They walk them to the middle of the town where there is a large cage with no walls around it. There is at least half a dozen women guarding the cage. They open the door to the cage and throw Alister and Manabu inside.

“Did you have to be so hard on us?” Alister asks with a stressed face. Manabu just stares at the ground without expression.

“Get in.” one of them tells Leo.

“I’m afraid I will have to decline that.” Leo replies to her.

“I said get in!” the woman with red hair shouts at him before throwing a kunai at his shoulder. Leo simply catches it and breaks it in half with two fingers.

“I do not like cages I’m afraid. I will remain outside while you are guarding me. I will not attempt anything, you have my word.” Leo tells her.

“Yeah right! How many other men have told us that and then turned around stabbing us in the back!” the woman yells to him. Leo then looks up at her and glares into her eyes.

“I will not betray your trust young lady.” he says with a stern voice. She looks back into his eyes before letting out a sigh.

“Just watch this one will you…” she tells the guards. They nod before standing in front of him. Two of them are watching him face to face while the other two are watching the streets. Leo leans up against the cage as it begins to bend due to his force.

“I am sorry young ladies, I will just sit on the ground.” Leo tells them as they are in shock.

“That cage is made of the strongest metals in Tera…” one of them thinks while having a very stressed look. As time passes by it begins to rain. The women get to cover as their prisoners begin to get soaking wet. Leo just sits there with no reaction to the rain.

“We’re getting wet here! Can’t you girls do something about that?!” Alister calls to them as they only seem to laugh about it. Leo looks around him before standing to his feet. The women across from him run out to confront him.

“Tell me… does anyone live in that house over there?” Leo asks them while pointing to his left. He is pointing to what looks like a house that caved in on itself.

“No, that house hasn’t been used for a long time now.” one of the girls reply to him.

“Will you allow me to use it for shelter?” he asks them.

“Go ahead. One of us will go with you.” the girl tells him.

“That won’t be needed miss.” he replies back before walking over to it. He throws his cape to his side before taking hold of the roof.

“Is that man crazy? I think he’s just trying to impress us girls.” one of the guards says before Leo walks over to them with the roof above his head. All of the girls now have a stressed look while he places the roof over the cage. Even Alister and Manabu have stressed looks on their faces.

“Thank you.” Leo says to them before sitting back down.

“Well I’m impressed. How about you girls?” one asks.

“Shut up.” another replies while holding her hand to her face. Hours seem to pass by before a group of women walk up to the guards. Some of them taking notice of the roof over the cage now.

“Lariat wants to see them now.” the one in charge of the group informs the lead guard.

They open the door to the cage as Alister and Manabu walk out. Leo stands to his feet as they close the door to the cage. They close the three in a circle and walk them towards Lariat. She is sitting on a chair inside of what looks like a destroyed temple. The entrance is destroyed but the hallways and main room is in near perfect condition. There is red carpet everywhere with gold lined across the ceilings trimmings. They stop in front of Lariat who is not wearing her bandit outfit anymore. She has long red hair with brown eyes. The left side of her cheek has a small scar. She is wearing a purple shirt with a small red scarf around her neck. She has a dull white colored pants with black sandals. June is also there beside her. She is wearing the same thing except she is wearing a small blue cape with a red shirt. June has a bright brown hair color with blue eyes. Her hair is in a ponytail unlike Lariat. She also has the same scar on her left cheek.

“You may leave now.” Lariat tells the guards as they nod. They disappear without anything further being said.

“Ninja’s?” Alister thinks to himself before looking around. He can see the guards taking cover in the shadows, waiting and watching just in case.

“I have no intentions of harming you three. If you do as I say you can leave without any further delay.” Lariat tells them.

“What are your terms?” Leo questions.

“Release to us all of your possessions. This does not include your clothes, but that armor of yours looks like it would get a high price on the black market.” Lariat says while looking at Leo.

“I am sorry, I will not give you my armor. You can take anything else but my armor is a part of me just as the shadows are a part of you.” Leo replies while bowing to her.

“So he knew all along that my guards were still in the room…” she thinks before looking to Manabu.

“All I have is this saber. I guess I can just get a new one.” Manabu says while tossing it to the ground in front of him.

“What about you?” Lariat asks Alister.

“I don’t have anything that you would want, sorry.” Alister replies as she stands to her feet.

“You’re lying to me. You have something in your right side pocket of your jeans. Whatever it is I want it.” Lariat says to him while walking down towards him.

“No, you can’t have it.” Alister tells her in a deep voice. Lariat stops in front of him as her guards appear behind her.

“If you don’t give it to me unwelcome things will happen to you. What could be so important about the item you carry that is worth risking your life over?” she asks him before there is a loud noise outside.

“What was that?” Leo asks while everyone looks around. Suddenly the temple begins to shake with a tremendous force.

“Go see what it is!” Lariat commands her guards as they disappear.

Part of the roof breaks and falls towards Lariat. She looks up to see it falling towards her. She lets out a scream before Alister tackles her from the side. As they roll along the carpet the rain starts to get everyone wet. Alister stands up then extends his hand to her. She hesitates but takes his hand.

“I will show you why this item is so important!” Alister tells her before running out of the temple.

Manabu quickly grabs his saber before chasing after Alister. Leo walks over to Lariat who is walking towards the exit of the temple. He follows her outside where there is a very large group of bandits there. They are sitting in their vehicles shooting around wildly with their turrets. They are wearing green shirts that have a cut going down the middle of the shirt. The buttons have been cut off and their sleeves have been cut off as well. They are wearing brown pants with black boots. There are also women in rags in the vehicles with them.

“Now then! Where is the pretty Lariat hiding? We’ve come all this way to see her in this rain! She better show up or else!” the one in charge shouts in an angry manner. He rubs his bald head for a moment before firing his turret towards a home that has woman and children inside.

“No!” one of Lariat’s guards scream before Leo steps in front of the bullets.

“Hah!” he shouts as he deflects the bullets with ease. The man in the turret stops as Leo’s arm slashers return.

“Who is this guy?!” the bald guy shouts while looking around.

“Please stop this! What is your concern here? You were not suppose to show up until late tomorrow afternoon!” Lariat asks him.

“Are you trying to tell us when we can show up?” he asks her. Lariat actually looks away in fear as the man laughs.

“We came here early because we need the stuff you dogs have gotten for us this month! So hand all of it over and nobody will get hurt!” he tells her while the turret points away from Leo, and towards Lariat.

“Why you… you animal!” Lariat shouts to him.

“Wrong answer!” the man replies before his gunner pulls the trigger. Lariat and her guards close their eyes waiting for the moment of death. Nothing happens as they open their eyes.

“It is not nice to point guns at women, especially women as nice as these.” Alister says to the bald man while standing with his arms crossed on the leaders buggy as Black Rockman. The bald man looks behind him to see that his gunner was knocked out.

“You’re… a Rockman?!” the man asks him in fear.

“Correct. Now why don’t you guys return all of the women you took from them? In return, I’ll let you guys leave this place alive.” Alister says to him while crouching down. He looks him in the eyes for a moment.

“Shoot him!” the man yells as the other gunners turn their attention on Alister. Suddenly their vehicles are cut in half as Manabu walks up to Alister.

“You may want to think this over before jumping the gun like that.” Manabu tells the man while holding his saber near the mans neck.

“Return the women and never come back. You will leave these women alone! Is that understood?!” Alister shouts to him as the bald man is thrown out of his vehicle. Alister picks him up and makes him kneel in front of Lariat. She looks at Alister with a curious look this time.

“What are you doing?” June asks him before Leo walks up with five more men in his arms. Manabu drags two of them towards them. They are all placed in front of Lariat and her guards. The entire town is behind Lariat now.

“Tell them you are sorry for what you have done!” Alister shouts to them. They hesitate but with a low voice they apologize.

“Louder! I don’t think they can hear you!” Alister shouts in a louder voice as they begin to shout how sorry they are. A few minutes pass as the men run out of the town. Lariat walks over to Alister as he returns to normal.

“I see why you put up a fight.” she speaks as Alister catches Model ZW in the air. He then puts it back in his right pocket.

“I’m just glad I was able to help out in the end. Do you still think of men as just pigs?” Alister asks her.

“Yes.” Lariat quickly responds.

“Really?” asks Alister.

“However… you three have proven to be trust worthy. You have my thanks.” Lariat says while bowing to him. Behind her everyone in the town including her guards bow to the three.

“That’s not really needed…!” Alister says while scratching the back of his head.

As the day passes on they help the women and children repair their homes. The rain soon stops which makes it perfect to work in. They share most of their food with them from their bag. Leo himself repairs the roof of the temple. Making it as if nothing ever happened. As the day ends they are given a room to stay inside of the temple. The night goes by fast as they are all tired from the work. Leo however is wide awake and looking outside of his window. When morning comes Alister and Manabu walk out of their room to see Lariat and June greeting them. Leo walks up at that same time from down the hallway.

“Thank you for letting us stay in this temple. It was very kind of you.” Leo thanks while bowing to them.

“We should be thanking you three. You saved us all… and after we treated you so badly.” Lariat says while looking to the side.

“It is in the past. You don’t need to worry about it now. Just look towards your future and pray that it is a good one.” Alister tells her. Lariat begins to cry a bit as June puts her hand on her right shoulder. An hour passes by before they are on the outside of the town. Everyone in the town is there to see them off.

“Thank you again for your help.” says June as the three walk off.

“Wait!” Lariat calls to them.

“What is it?” Leo asks while they turn around. Lariat seemed to hesitate before speaking.

“We are… the Beautiful Thorns. That is the name behind our crest.” Lariat finally answers Leo’s question from the day before.

“I see. It is an elegant name. It suits all of you quite well… farewell.” Leo says to them as they walk away.

“He’s so dreamy…!” one of the girls says while watching them walk away.

“Get a grip.” June tells her.

End of Chapter 41
Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

Postby Weapon of Light » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:15 am

Weapon of Light
Black Rockman
Black Rockman

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfiction Library