[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Megaman NT Warrior - The Year of the Dragon
Care to share your written art? then go on and post your fics, short stories, Poems, and everything in words.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Megaman NT Warrior - The Year of the Dragon

Megaman NT Warrior - The Year of the Dragon

Postby DEMONSLAYER » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 pm

all right where to begin........ok, I started this fan fic about two years ago and right now I’m trying to just finish chapter two(I know your thinking "that’s pitiful" but I never seem to have enough time on my hands with all the projects I’m doing and the book I’m trying to finish-yes I’m a wanna-be author- plus i have changed the plot several times). I finally decided that if I didn't get this down on paper I would probably keep working on it forever (I’ve actually been working on my book for 5 years starting on six in October just to let you know). But I didn't want to put all the work in writing it if no one was going to read it. So I asked my cousin "if I write this will you read it for me?" and he said yes and eventually my mom also got interested. I tried to make the story original but could not help putting in a few pale imitations of some of my other characters. A few pointers about my writing; 1.) I stink at grammar and spelling so there are sure to be a few mistakes (please notify me if you find any) 2.)I like things to be realistic so that means if I have a character hack off a limb there will be blood and I will describe it in every detail so if you don't like blood.... either get used to it or don't read this because there will most likely be blood as the story advances. If you want to continue reading it and really love it but don't want the blood I might be able to send you an edited copy that glosses over some gory details (depends on what I write but I’ll do my best). 3.) I based this a little off of the games but mostly off of the anime and the manga (if you have not read the manga then READ IT because this will make more sense if you do). 4.) I am using the English names because those are the ones that I know. If you don’t know the English names I can send you a copy of the English and Japanese character name list that I occasionally use. 5.) I will occasionally add a little fact that you might find interesting. I will mark these with: (A/N) for Authors Notes. Also I will be writing some of my actually notes from school for the script when the characters are at school learning (hopefully) so everything you read that the teachers are saying will be true. Anyway, now that I have that ranted enough I have one more thing to say before the story: please let me know if the story is any good, I really want to know what you think of it(and be truthful, please, I don’t mind if you say that it stinks, your comments will help me make this better). Thanks for listening and now the “Feature Presentation”. Hope you enjoy! :)

Tiaga Demonslayer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Megaman NT warrior-the year of the dragon

~~~~~Chapter 1~~~~~
~~~~~The Letter~~~~~

“Laaaaannn. Lan wake up. Lan, you’re going to be late for school!”
The sixteen year-old brown-haired boy, groaned in his sleep and turned over in his warm bed. The voice came from the small handheld device, also known as a PET, lying across the room on the sleeping teenager’s desk. For the last ten minutes the occupant living in the PET had been urging the boy to get out of bed. This inhabitant, Megaman, was extremely frustrated with the boy.
‘Every day he tells me to wake him up on time but when I do get him awake he just goes back to sleep then later he blames me for not getting him up’ thought the blue Navi. ‘Alright then, let’s try this trick again. It’s been a while since I’ve done this,’ decided Megaman. ‘But first I think I’ll get a few things set up’ he thought as he turned around and grabbed a small cyber camera. ‘Once Lan sees this video and I threaten to post it on the Net,’ thought Megaman wickedly ‘next time he won’t ignore me when I tell him to get up.’ The Navi turned on the camera, pointed it at the sleeping body, and hit the record button. Slowly, Megaman breathed out to calm himself, then sucking in a large breath he shouted at the top of his voice ‘LAN, LAN, YOUR UNDERPANTS ARE ON FIRE!!!’ there was a very loud THUD as the teen, in his fright and desperation to extinguish the bogus fire, had fallen out of bed and landed face first on the blue carpeted floor. Megaman who had been watching the boy had to quickly stop the video so his fit of silent hysterical laughter would not shake the camera. As Lan slowly and carefully separated himself from the floor, Megaman surreptitiously downloaded the video to the PET.
‘Megaman!’ yelled the teen angrily as he walked over to his desk. Lan was greeted by a small blue Navi who gazed up at him smiling, seemingly as innocent as the clear morning sky.
‘Megaman,’ began the teen trying to get his frustration under control “why did you . . .”
“Because you didn’t get up ten minutes ago when I first tried to wake you up” interrupted Megaman “and you don’t have time to ask questions.”
“Why, what time is it?” asked Lan worriedly.
“It’s now 7:46” replied the blue Navi.
“WHAT!?!” Lan shouted. He raced across the room to his dresser, yanked his clothes out and dressed so quickly that all Megaman could see was a blur of colors. Lan grabbed his PET before racing out of his room and downstairs to the kitchen table where his breakfast was waiting for him.
“Morning mom,” said the boy between bites of scrambled eggs and ham.
“I was wondering if you were ever going to get up.” said Mrs. Hikari.
“Megaman didn’t get me up” Lan told his mom.
“I did too, but you decided to go back to sleep.” declared Megaman
“Did not.”
“Did too.”
“Did not.”
“7:54”
“Ack!” Lan quickly shoved the rest of his breakfast into his mouth before racing upstairs for his backpack. He quickly said bye to his mom as he raced through the front door and down the street. [(A/N) school will be starting at 8:00 sharp in this story.]

1:16 pm – Dentech school
“Density. Most substances contract when cooled; this thus increases their density. Water does the same until it cools to 4ºC and then it expands as it continues to cool from 4ºC to 0ºC.” The 40 year-old, Bill Harmon, was the teacher for the Dentech Academy sophomore class.[(A/N) Mr. Harmon was actually my chemistry teacher.] Currently he was teaching the class chemistry. The whiteboard behind him was covered with several drawings and equations. “Ice’s structure is most irregular. The hydrogen bonds between water and water molecules cause water to assume a hexagonal structure as it freezes.” The teacher turned around and drew a hollow hexagon.
Mr. Harmon turned back toward the class. “Note the ‘hole’ in the middle” said the teacher as he scanned the room. He spied a student who seemed to be sleeping. He said loudly, “Maybe Lan can tell us the importance of this structure.”
Lan jerked awake to the amusement of most of the class.
“Yes sir, that’s correct sir” he said sleepily. “What?!?” as he suddenly realized what the teacher had asked.
The class could not control their laughter any longer. Their voices filled the room as Lan’s face started to turn red.
“That’s enough class. Now, Lan, would you please come up here and explain the importance of this structure for me. You must be very knowledgeable to be sleeping in class.”
A few snickers could be heard. Lan’s face turned, if possible, even redder as he stood up.
“Sorry, sir. I don’t know,” admitted the teen.
Mr. Harmon sighed, “Very well, I expect you to try harder next time, Hikari,” the teacher told the teen before going back to his lecture.
Lan sat back down in his seat sighing as he picked up his pencil. Megaman appeared on his shoulder and quietly whispered in his ear.
“That was close. You shouldn’t have been sleeping in class.”
“I didn’t mean to fall asleep, it just happened,” retorted the boy quietly. “Quit nagging me.”
“Sorry.” replied the Navi. “Anyway I just got a message from your dad.”
Lan instantly gave no further thought to his class. “What did he say?”
“It said, ‘Lan, sorry about having to interrupt school but I need you to do something for me. I can’t say anything more in case anyone intercepts this. Chaud will be at your school in two minutes. I need you to meet him. He’ll bring you up to date. Tell your teacher that something urgent came up at SciLab and that I need you to help me. Tell him I apologize. Tell the others to meet me at Scilab after school. Love, Dad.’ That’s all”
Lan looked at the blue Navi on his shoulder. “Pretty cryptic if you ask me, ‘in case someone intercepts this’ hmmm,” said Lan thoughtfully.
Mr. Harmon saw Lan raise his hand in the air. “Yes, Lan?
“Sorry, sir. My dad just sent me a letter saying that he needs me at Scilab. Apparently there is a big problem there and he says that he needs me there to help. He also says that he’s sorry and that if it weren’t important he wouldn’t call for my help.” Lan held his breath. The teacher could easily say no and then Lan would have to stay until school ended.
Mr. Harmon looked at Lan. After a short pause he’d made up his mind.
“Alright, get the list of homework from one of your classmates after you’re done.”
“Thank you, sir,” Lan said gratefully.
As he quickly packed all his books in his backpack the teen gave a nod to four of his classmates. First, was Dex, a large boy in a green shirt and blue shorts. Dex gave Lan a quick nod before continuing to scribble down his notes. Second, was the brown haired teenager wearing a yellow jacket and teal pants, Tory. Lan got a quick and encouraging nod from Tory and the girl sitting two rows in front of him, Yai, both oh whom went back to taking their notes. Lan turned his gaze to the girl sitting in the chair in front of Yai, Malu. She gave him an encouraging nod and also a thumbs-up.
Lan threw his backpack on his shoulders and left the room wondering what the rest of the day had in store for him.

1:18 pm-The Entrance of Dentech Academy
Lan ran out of the school to the circular drive where Chaud was waiting in his car.
“Hurry up Lan!” yelled the black and white haired teen.
Lan screeched to a halt by the car, hurriedly opened the door, and stepped in slamming the door behind him. The tires of the car squealed as they speed away from the school.
“Hey, Chaud what is going on?” asked Lan.
“How much do you know?” replied Chaud.
“Nothing, pretty much.” answered Lan. “I just got a message saying to meet you outside the school, and that you would tell me what’s happening.”
Chaud said nothing as he stared at the city flashing by outside his window.
“I think…” he paused trying to find the right words. “…Dr. Cossack is coming and is bringing something that needs to be protected from someone who is willing to go to great lengths to get it. We are to meet Dr. Cossack at the airport in ten minutes and return to SciLab with the item.”
“So then why all the secrecy?” mused Lan.
“That’s what I want to know.”
The boys where silent.
Suddenly Chaud asked “What does the word ‘lupus’ mean to you?”
“Lupus? It’s a disease.” stated Megaman as he materialized on Lan’s shoulder. “Why?”
“It was at the very bottom of the message that arrived at SciLab.”
“What message?”
“About fifteen minutes ago I was at Scilab helping your father when someone hacked into the network and sent a letter saying that they needed help. The word ‘lupus’ was after Cossack’s signature.”
“And you have no idea what the word means?” asked Megaman.
“We think it might be a password.” said Chaud’s Netnavi Protoman as he emerged onto his owner’s shoulder.
“A password?” repeated Lan.
“We think it might be to be used to help verify who we are with the person at the airport.” explained Chaud.
“Why? Dr. Cossack knows us, so why would he need to do that?” inquired Lan.
“What if someone were to impersonate us? The password is there to make sure that he goes with the right person.” spelled out Chaud.
“But what if some one else got the letter or also hacked in and copied it?”
“The letter had some kind of detonation program or virus installed in it; as soon as we opened it, the letter started to fade. We only had time to read it. Anyone else would have the same thing else happen.”
There was a pause before Megaman asked “A detonation program?”
Chaud nodded.
“That’s not easy to do.” remarked the blue Navi.
Chaud said nothing.
The car slowed to a halt as the driver said “Sir, Dentech Airport.”
Chaud muttered a “thank you” as the boys climbed out of the black car.
“We still have not figured out the password though.” said Megaman.
“What do you mean?” Lan asked his Navi. “The password is ‘lupus’.”
“No. Megaman is right.” said Chaud as he remembered something. “The word ‘lupus’ is the clue to the password.”
“But then what is the password?” said Lan confused.
Chaud turned around with a smirk as he said, “Many people would say ‘lupus’ the disease, but, the word ‘lupus’ has another meaning. Lupus is Latin for ‘wolf’. That is the password.”
Chaud led the way into the airport with Lan on his heels saying “Latin? You know Latin?”

1:23 pm-Dentech Airport
The airport was filled with people. The teens had to elbow several people in order to be able to keep walking.
“Protoman, what terminal is it?” yelled Chaud over the din of the crowds.
“Terminal D23, sir” replied the red Navi from his PET.
“Thanks.” He turned left heading to the D terminal while saying to his companion “Lan, keep an eye out for Dr. Cossack.
After a little bit, Lan called out, “Chaud, I think I see him. Over there by the window on the left by the Pepsy soda ad.”
Chaud looked over and found the sign. A man walked in front of, him blocking his view. He maneuvered around the man and looked again by the sign. He saw a man that did look like Dr. Cossack but since he could only see the back of the man, he couldn’t be sure. Lan squeezed through the crowd till he was by his friend.
“That could be him.” yelled Lan.
Chaud did not answer. He was still watching the man. Suddenly Dr. Cossack turned his head and started taking to a teenage girl by his side. A man came up, interrupted Dr. Cossack, and started talking to him. After listening to the stranger for a while, Cossack turned away, ignoring him. After a few more attempts at conversation the man left, disappearing into the crowd. Dr. Cossack went back to studying the window.
“I wonder who that was?” Lan said.
“It might have been an imposter or it might have just been a fellow traveler” replied the black and white haired teen. “It doesn’t matter. Let’s go.” said Chaud and he led Lan through the crowd.
When they finally reached Cossack, Chaud just walked up beside the scientist and gazed out the window at the planes. Lan quickly followed his companions example.
“Wolf,” muttered Chaud.
The man gave no impression that he had heard.
“Where is your car?” asked the blond scientist suddenly without turning.
“On the west side of the Airport,” replied Chaud.
“Good. Lead on.”
Lan and Chaud led the way through the airport and to the black car parked at the front of the building.
Before the party stepped into the waiting vehicle, Cossack turned around to face a brown haired teenage girl who had been following him. When boys noticed that Cossack was not getting in the car they turned around and noticed that the girl was the same one that Cossack had been speaking to inside the airport.
Dr. Cossack pulled out his wallet, withdrew five hundred zenny’s, and handed the money over to the waiting girl, who immediately stuffed it into one of her pockets. After saying goodbye, she turned away from Cossack and before disappearing into the crowd she raised her hand to her head and pulled her hair right off revealing her true hair, short and blond.
“Well let’s go.” said Cossack after a moment.
“Who was that?!” the boys asked simultaneously.
After piling into the car Cossack replied “That was just a young girl I hired as a look-a-like to confuse the people following me.”
Chaud and Lan’s next questions were answered with a “later”.
Halfway to the SciLab, Cossack instructed the driver, “turn right here.”
“Where are we going?” Chaud asked as the driver executed the turn.
Cossack’s reply was a cryptic “to pick someone up”. He directed the driver through the streets till they stopped in an alley way.
Opening his door, Dr. Cossack climbed out of the car; Lan and Chaud quickly followed suit.
Putting his fingers to his lips, Cossack blew three long whistles. His signal was answered by four long, earsplitting whistles coming from somewhere in the alley. Cossack answered with one final note. There was a scraping noise as a girl surfaced from beneath a rusty old storm drain. Dr. Cossack greeted her with open arms enveloping the shaking, frightened girl in a sheltering hug while murmuring into her ear, “It’s OK. It’s alright now”.
Once the girl had calmed down Dr. Cossack released her and turned her to face the car and the two boys. At once the girl became frightened and looked as if she might bolt, but a quick, “it’s OK, they’re friends, they’re here to help” from Cossack kept her from running, though she was still wary of the boys.
Now that the teenage girl was no longer hidden, the boys found themselves staring, bewildered at a dirt-smudged face and into the piercing gaze of a blue-eyed stranger. The girl’s long, dark hair fell slightly past her waist and fell lightly in front of her face. The denim blue jeans she wore had big, gaping holes at the knees, the hems were ragged and fraying as if they had been through hard times, her dirty old sneakers were held together with duct tape. Even though the weather was warm she wore a baggy old sweatshirt that was many sizes too large and the neck of the sweatshirt had been altered to reduce the size of the opening. The sleeves and the bottom of the sweatshirt were torn and frayed; everything she wore was layered with dirt, especially on the ends of the sleeves and the bottoms of the jeans.
“Sorry we had to stop but I had to pick up Kiera here, but now that we found her let’s continue to Scilab.”
Dr. Cossack’s remark brought Lan and Chaud out of their stupor and launched a flood of questions.
“Who is she?”
“How do you know her?”
“Why is she here?”
Dr. Cossack raised a hand, stopping any further questions. “The sooner we get to Scilab, the sooner I can answer your questions” the scientist remarked as he helped Kiera into the car.
Lan and Chaud looked at each other, shrugged, and climbed back into the car. Chaud sat shotgun and Lan squeezed in next to Cossack with the still wary Kiera seated on the other side of the scientist.
As the car once more pulled into traffic, and each passenger retreated into his own thoughts Lan wondered if the day could get any crazier.

END OF CHAPTER 1 “The Letter”

edit: almost finished with chapter two...just have to check for spelling mistakes.

"Land of Confusion" AMV 80% completed; put on temporary hold
"Decode" AMV 80% completed -on hold for anime
"Castle in the Sky" AMV 60% completed -getting more anime so on hold
"Monster" AMV 2%
DEMONSLAYER

Postby DEMONSLAYER » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:33 pm

ok,ok, i know i took a long time but here is the second chapter. sorry it took so long. hope you enjoy.

~~~Chapter Two~~~
~~~Kiera~~~

2:09 pm Sci Lab

Chaud’s driver stopped in front of Dentec’s Sci Lab, Lan gave Dr. Cossack brief instructions. As the driver and two teens sped off Dr. Cossack and Kiera entered Sci Lab. A short time later the group passed through the main doors entering the lobby of Dentec’s Sci Lab, they found Dr. Cossack sitting in a chair passing the time reading a magazine. Dr. Cossack looked up from his magazine to see Lan and Chaud approaching him.
“What was up, boys?”
Lan sighed. “We were called back to the airport. It appears that someone had planted a virus in the reservations computers and caused them to crash.” He sighed again. “At least the flight control computers were not compromised.”
Cossack frowned. “Isn’t there a way to fix it?”
“No.” Chaud interrupted. “We can’t turn on the computers at all, and without power we can’t fix the problem.”
“And so the airport will be closed for who knows how long.” groaned Lan.
Lan’s groan was interrupted by important sounding tone coming from a TV mounted in the wall across from the group.
“We have just received late breaking news. We gathered intelligence that the Dentec Airport has been attacked. Some one has attacked the reservation computer system and has crashed all of those computers. Officials are not saying how this could have happened or if they have any suspects but they are saying that all flights are grounded until further notice it will be some time before any flights are ready.”
A small crowd had gathered around the TV. Many of the people were talking to each other saying such things as “That’s terrible.”, “I hope the police catch the jerk who did this”, and “Great how am I supposed to get to my business meeting in Netopia now?”
Music played once more on the TV. “In international news today the Netopian Police were finally able to find a picture of the leading suspect in the Alaric Death Case. Police were unable to find a picture due to the family very secretive and avoiding cameras. Police are asking that if you see this girl . . . ” a picture came up on the screen of a black haired, blue-eyed girl gently resting her hands on the pommel of a sword that was sticking into the ground. Next to her stood a boy with another sword over his shoulder. The boy had brown hair and green eyes; he was smiling. The face of the girl next to him was like a mask; unreadable. “ . . . do not make contact, stay away from her and report her location to the local police. Again do not make contact with her, she is considered to be very dangerous.”
A commercial came on as Dr. Cossack asked what the Alaric Death Case was.
Chaud noticed that a few beads of sweat trickled down Dr. Cossack’s face. It’s not too hot so why is he sweating?
“Apparently the daughter of a multi-billionaire killed her own father.” said Lan. “At least that is the leading theory. We don’t know 100 per cent that she killed him but we do know that her father sends her away, in the middle of the night to some mansion of theirs to get away from the city. She is gone for two and a-half months. When she gets back she is wearing some sort of cape that hides her. Anyway she shuts herself in her room and doesn’t leave even for meals. Then two weeks after her arrival she just disappears and a servant goes to inform her father but finds him lying on the floor dead. He had been dead for a couple of hours.”
“Police found some sort of chemical in his blood.” interrupted Chaud. “They are still trying to find out what the chemical is. So, police are considering her to be the lead suspect. The Netopian government sent out a message to every country asking them to be on THE lookout for her; but it has been almost three weeks since the crime and we still don’t have any clues about where she is. She just…disappeared.”
“Hmm. Very odd. And what was the name of the girl? I’m afraid that I don’t know anything about what has been taking place lately.” commented Dr. Cossack.
“Tiaga.” replied Chaud. “Tiaga Alaric. She is supposed to be the descendent of some ancient king.”
“Well, you seem to be very knowledgeable about this Tiaga person.”
Chaud shrugged. “I’ve been assigned to track her down in my spare time. I just have been studying my target.”
The scientist nodded.
Chaud noticed that the man squirmed slightly. He seems almost…uncomfortable…or unsettled.
Lan looked around. “Hey, Dr. Cossack?”
“Yes.”
“Where is … umm…” Lan banged the palm of his hand against his head as he tried to remember the man’s companion. “the girl.” he said as he gave up trying.
“Her name is Kiera. And she is right there.” replied the scientist pointing behind the boys.
Kiera had just walked out of the women’s restroom. As she walked toward them the boys could she that she had changed into a pair of jeans that were less ragged and cleaner than what she arrived in. The small black backpack in her hand suggested that someone had dropped off the bag with clothes in to. Her face was slightly pink from the scrubbing to get the many layers of dirt off. As she slided up next to the boys they could see that she had two faint scars on her face. The first about an inch and a half, the fainter of the two, was on her right cheek. The second, and the hardest to see due to the hair that hung in front of her face, protruded from her hairline on the left side.
The boys couldn’t help but wonder how she had gotten the scars, especially the latter.
“Well, should we go ahead up and start the meeting” asked Lan.
“Yes” replied Dr. Cossack as he stood up. “The sooner the better.” He wrapped an arm around Kiera as the party headed toward the elevators.
After climbing out of the elevator the party made their way down a long hall. Chaud opened a door revealing a long rectangular room. The only furnishings inside were a dark brown conference table with black leather chairs spaced along its length. Several people were seated at the far end of the room. Chief Kepher sat at the head with Mr. Famous to his right, with Lan’s father, Dr. Hikari, on his left. Dr. Hikari stood up and crossed the room to greet Dr. Cossack. Kiera stayed behind Cossack.
“Dr. Cossack, welcome back, good to see you again.” He said as they shook hands.
“It’s good to see you as well, but you can drop the Dr. part.”
Dr. Hikari smiled at Kiera hoping to lure the girl out.
Cossack also smiled at Kiera and gently pushed her forward next to his side. “Sorry about Kiera, she is very shy.”
“Oh, it’s OK.” Lan’s father said . “So what brings you back, sir?” he asked as he sat back down.
Cossack and Kiera sat down. Lan and Chaud sat across them.
“I have come to ask for help.” replied Cossack humbly.
“Are you referring to what you wrote in the letter?” asked Chief Kepher.
“Yes, but I am afraid that the protection we need is not what you were expecting.”
“It’s Kiera, isn’t it?” Famous asked suddenly.
Lan looked at Famous asking “What makes you say that?”
“Well, you send a letter saying you need us to protect something, then you bring this girl with you…” Famous paused, not needing to finish.
Cossack sighed. “Kiera is at the heart of everything. I don’t know what happened to her when they had her because her mind has blocked out what has happened, but I have come to realize that she is the key to their plans. Four months ago Kiera was kidnapped from her home and taken to a secret lab where she was tortured, and forced to do many horrific things. A month ago she escaped from her captors and two and a half weeks ago I found her in the streets.”
No one spoke for a moment. Finally Famous asked “Why is she so important?”
“She knows things and she can do things that most people can’t. She has abilities that are dangerous if used wrongly.”
“What are these abilities?”
Cossack looked at Kiera. She looked into his eyes reading the unspoken message there. She bowed her head slightly. After a moment Kiera muttered something so softly that only Cossack was able to hear. Cossack nodded slightly.
Cossack looked back at the others hoping the others would believe him.
“Kiera’s specialty is making Netnavies. The only thing is that the Netnavies she builds have a special program that most navies do not have. This is what makes her and her Navies potentially dangerous. If they make her create even one of these netnavies they will wreak unprecedented havoc.”
“And this is why they are after you?” Famous asked Kiera.
Keira nodded. Her brilliant blue eyes held a hint of anger and pain.
“That’s one of the reasons.” muttered Cossack.
There was a moment of silence before Lan asked “Why do you need us to protect her?”
“The two times they found us they sent Netnavies after us in the real world. So I need someone . . . ”
“. . . who can cross-fuse.” Chaud and Famous finished simultaneously.
“Well, it looks like we have no other choice.” said Famous. “We’ll protect her.”
“So then who will you assign to protect her?” asked Chaud.
“Well, what if you two shared so that way no one gets too tired. Since Malu can crossfuse we can have her take over the weekends so you have then to rest. I don’t want to lose two good Net Savers because they were too tired to face a foe when they come” proposed Chief Kepher. “Lan, you watch her during the day and after school hand her over to Chaud.”
“That’s fine with me. I’ll have my secretary schedule all my meetings during the day.” Chaud said and shrugged as if it was no big deal.
“Fine here.” said Lan.
“OK then. We’ll get Kiera registered at school.” said Kepher.
“We should probably get her disguised first.” Chaud said.
Everyone looked at him not understanding why he said that.
“If people are already looking for Kiera we need to make it more difficult to find her. Her eyes are so unusual they would have no trouble finding her. Change her hair color and get some darker blue contacts so she’s not so easily recognized.”
“She can’t wear contacts. There is something wrong with the shape of her eyes.” Cossack input.
“Ok then just get her hair done. Yai probably knows a place for that, .” said Lan sounding bored.
“Well let’s go ask her then. Your friends are all probably waiting in the lobby by now.” said Dr. Hikari.

3:17 pm Sci Lab lobby

Sure enough, when they entered the lobby, Lan’s friends were waiting for them. After Lan brought them up-to-date(fix) Cossack asked Yai if she knew a good hair salon.
It turned out Yai knew all 34 of the cities salons and 2,739 excellent salons world wide. After debating with Malu for a minute the two girls decided on a place about 10 minutes away.
Dr. Hikari, Chief Kepher and Famous decided to stay at Sci Lab while the rest went to the hair stylist.
When the party arrived at their destination Yai and Malu quickly set one of the stylists to work bleaching Kiera’s hair, prepping it for dying.
The girls had a hard time deciding on a color till Chaud, who like the rest of the guys was fed up with waiting, ordered the girls to pick an icy blue that would match Kiera’s eyes. The girls, and the stylist, meekly followed his order.
It took just two and a half hours to do everything.
After leaving Lan, Malu, and Yai at their homes Chaud took Cossack and Kiera to his mansion-like house, just outside of the city limits. (fix)
Chaud asked his guests if they would like to eat early so that they could get some sleep from the long day. They accepted. After dinner Chaud showed Cossack and Kiera their rooms.
“Kiera. I put you in room across from mine so that if anything happens I can reach you faster.” Chaud paused “Also there is a computer in the room and I’m going to have Protoman stay in it so that he can keep an eye on you. Is that alright?”
Kiera stared at Chaud for a moment before nodding once.
“Kiera, may I speak to you for a moment?” Cossack asked.
Chaud jacked in Protoman into the computer in Kiera’s room while the others disappeared around the corner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cossack led Kiera to the living room and then stopped. He did not turn around to face her.
“Kiera. I know that you have seen and done terrible things in the past few months, but that is the past.” Cossack turned around, kneeled, and placed his hands on the shoulders of the girl before him. He looked into her eyes. “it’s ok to smile, laugh, and more importantly its ok to talk to others. You barely talk to me.”
Kiera turned her head so that her eyes didn’t meet Cossack’s. Cossack sighed and gently moved her head so that she was once again looking at him.
“I just want you to happy. I know how horrible that sounds to you right now but promise me you will try to do those things.” When Kiera said nothing Cossack added “Please, for me?”
Kiera dropped her head and very softly spoke one word “OK”.
Cossack smiled which coaxed a shy smile from Kiera.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8:21 pm Chaud’s room

Chaud sat at his desk looking at files about the Alaric case. He laid the files down on the desk, and closed his eyes.
(Flashback)
“Kiera’s specialty is making Netnavies. The only thing is that the Netnavies she builds have a special program that most navies do not have. This is what makes her and her Navies potentially dangerous. If they make her create even one of these netnavies they will wreak unprecedented havoc.” Cossack said.
“And this is why they are after you?” Famous asked Kiera.
Keira nodded. Her brilliant blue eyes held a hint of anger and pain.
“That’s one of the reasons.” muttered Cossack.
(flashback ends)
Chaud opened his eyes. “ ‘one of the reasons’ ” he muttered. He looked at the picture of Tiaga, then at the door, the direction of Kiera. “Something is not right, but what.” He looked back at the picture. “Why disappear if you’re so powerful.” He looked at the door once more. “And why are you really being hunted?”

(later that night)
(somewhere in a dark cavern)

“sir, we still have not found them. we checked the railway and ship manifests but found nothing. The airports have been shut down, and until they are back online we can not do anything else.”
“……send men to search in the cities.”
“yes, sir.”

END OF CHAPTER 2 “Kiera”

"Land of Confusion" AMV 80% completed; put on temporary hold
"Decode" AMV 80% completed -on hold for anime
"Castle in the Sky" AMV 60% completed -getting more anime so on hold
"Monster" AMV 2%
DEMONSLAYER

Return to Fanfiction Library